Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.39: Dick Pictures for Everyone!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.39: Dick Pictures for Everyone!!!!!!!

Saw this from a friend's Facebook post and I have to steal it:

I feel like the Florida coast is a beautiful metaphor for the State of the Union. The red tide rolled in and is hanging out longer than normal, suffocating and killing everything. Causing destruction. Making a mess of everything. Eventually, the winds will change and the beautiful blue waves will come back in and restore life and balance.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Seriously? That's a mistake.
      Then talk to your congressman, Mr. Security, who seems to know nothing about security.
      Last edited by rufus; 08-17-2018, 08:57 AM.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Sorry Scoobs, but who are you going to believe - this guy or Sicatoka? After all, he was in a room with Brennan once...
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

MEDINA, Ohio — There were two marquee events scheduled on a recent Wednesday evening in northern Ohio’s Medina County.

For $9, the county fair hosted its annual “Rough Truck Contest,” at which car enthusiasts could, according to the attraction’s website, see the “4x4 equivalent of Cirque du Soleil” but without the “leotarded performers who flit around on stage.”

The other big draw was a $15 private screening of “Death of a Nation,” a new documentary film made by the recently pardoned conservative provocateur Dinesh D’Souza, which argues that the Democratic Party is composed of modern-day Nazis, racists and fascists who, if not for President Trump, would bring the collapse of the United States.

It was, unquestionably, a hit.

“This is the real history of the Democratic Party,” said David Wadsworth, one moviegoer, who currently serves as clerk of courts in Medina County. “People don’t give us the credit, as Republicans, for not being the racist ones.”

For the roughly 30 people at the film, which was hosted by the Medina County Republican Women and was one of dozens of watch parties held across the country, “Death of a Nation” was more than entertainment. It was a confirmation of a worldview they feel is often unjustly ridiculed or intentionally ignored. They said it spoke to their deep-seated fears about the fate of the country if Democrats prevail in the November midterms, and did so using the raw, flame-throwing rhetoric that, to them, signals a Trump-like authority and authenticity.

In Medina, the film’s use of demagogy wasn’t a drawback, but a punch line: One scene dismissing minority voters as leeches feeding off Democrats’ “modern plantation” was met with approving giggles, while a montage of liberals crying on election night elicited riotous laughter.
          https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/17/u...imes&smtyp=cur

“This showed the true side of the conservative movement: We’re not the hatemongers,” said Lisa Navin, 63. She said Democrats are the “real racists,” though she “didn’t need this movie to show” her that.
          In the film, which is narrated by Mr. D’Souza and blends cherry-picked facts and historical falsehoods with an apocalyptic portrait of the left, progressives are deemed to be solely responsible for worst evils of the 19th and 20th century, including slavery, the Civil War, the Ku Klux Klan, Benito Mussolini’s rise in Italy, the persecution of Native Americans, the Holocaust and more.
          Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 08-17-2018, 09:46 AM.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Josh sums it up.

The greatest conceit in public life today is the notion that we don’t already know President Trump is guilty. Guilty of what? Conspiring, by whatever level of directness, with a foreign power to win the Presidency and then continuing to cater to that foreign power either as payback for the assistance or out of fear of being exposed. In other words, collusion, a national betrayal that may break some statute laws but which far transcends them and isn’t in the past but is rather on-going.

It’s true that as a matter of courtroom, reasonable doubt legal proof we don’t yet know this. Or at least, we in the public don’t have all the necessary evidence. It’s possible that critical details are in the hands of the Special Counsel’s office or somewhere in the Intelligence apparatus. But that’s not really the point. These aren’t questions of criminal law. They might become questions of criminal law. But they’re not there yet. They are now simply political questions, meant in the sense that the country must make decisions about President Trump’s conduct and and whether he can be trusted with the truly vast powers of the Presidency.
            https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...e-admitting-it

Read the whole thing.

Comment

• 30 people is considered a big draw? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                30 people is considered a big draw? Really?
                It's enough. The amount of people that believe this **** is staggering and it's affecting government and our way of life.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So apparently by not spending money on a parade that we didn't have and weren't going to spend anyways, we can now afford more jets. The businessman President!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    So apparently by not spending money on a parade that we didn't have and weren't going to spend anyways, we can now afford more jets. The businessman President!
                    Sounds about right.

Comment

It's all about Red Don.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.b55e65f9ff5c

Trump believes he has emerged looking strong and decisive in his escalating feud with Brennan, the aides said, adding that he shows a visceral disdain for the former CIA director when he sees him on TV.
                      Trump grew increasingly agitated about Brennan and others earlier in the summer, believing they were exploiting their credentials as former national security officials to make money, aides said.

Oooh, that's rich.
                      Last edited by rufus; 08-17-2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Always someone else's fault.

What was that sign that Harry Truman used to keep on his desk?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          It's enough. The amount of people that believe this **** is staggering and it's affecting government and our way of life.
                          A quick Google-ing shows that Medina County, Ohio (located south of Cleveland, West of Akron) has a population of 176,395. In 2016, the county went Red for Trump with 53,811 votes (60.2%). Hillary got 31,582 votes (35.3%).

The showing of "Death of a Nation" isn't listed on the official schedule of events for the county fair.

Google also shows that the *ONLY* thing publicly advertising "Death of a Nation" at the Medina County Fair is this NY Times article.

*edit* So, to have 30 people attend this private screening, those voters already had their minds made up against Democrats. You could have showed a snuff film of Republicans wearing MAGA hats raping children, shooting people, and drowning kittens in burlap sacks, and these 30 people would have told you that everyone who died or was maimed deserved it.
                          Last edited by aparch; 08-17-2018, 10:52 AM.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            You could have showed a snuff film of Republicans wearing MAGA hats raping children, shooting people, and drowning kittens in burlap sacks...
                            But enough about one of Paul Manafort's parties...

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              A quick Google-ing shows that Medina County, Ohio (located south of Cleveland, West of Akron) has a population of 176,395. In 2016, the county went Red for Trump with 53,811 votes (60.2%). Hillary got 31,582 votes (35.3%).

The showing of "Death of a Nation" isn't listed on the official schedule of events for the county fair.

Google also shows that the *ONLY* thing publicly advertising "Death of a Nation" at the Medina County Fair is this NY Times article.

*edit* So, to have 30 people attend this private screening, those voters already had their minds made up against Democrats. You could have showed a snuff film of Republicans wearing MAGA hats raping children, shooting people, and drowning kittens in burlap sacks, and these 30 people would have told you that everyone who died or was maimed deserved it.
                              Sure. You can dismiss it. And then you read something like this from today's Mpls. Star-Tribune and you know it's not to be dismissed.

Reading the insipid and utterly clueless Aug. 16 editorial “A unified response to attacks on press” reinforced the insight, common these days, that there are indeed two Americas and that we have very little, if anything, to say to each other. But, for what it’s worth, I will ask this: Given all that has happened these past two years under the moralizing rubric of “Resist” and with the intent not to criticize but to delegitimize, how can your side of the political divide ever expect the other side to react when and if a Democrat is again elected president? I can answer the question: The other side will have every right to follow the example which you have now set and they will. At its most basic level, the Constitution is an agreement to disagree. You and others like you have broken that agreement.

Stephen Prescott, Minneapolis

Editor’s note: The writer refers to the Star Tribune Editorial Board’s contribution to an effort initiated by the Boston Globe opinion staff in which scores of American editorial boards responded Thursday to President Donald Trump’s denigration of the news media. As is often noted on these pages, opinion content at the Star Tribune is produced independently of the newsroom, as is common in the industry. However, the discussion at hand is that of the broader role of the press in our democracy. Read on.
                              http://www.startribune.com/readers-w...ing/491067631/

Comment

Oh my lord. https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...h-vietnam-vets

During the course of the meeting, Weidman brought up the issue of Agent Orange, an extremely notorious component of the U.S. herbicidal warfare on Vietnam. Weidman was imploring the president and his team to permit access to benefits for a broader number of vets who have said they were poisoned by Agent Orange.

Trump responded by saying, “That’s taken care of,” according to people in the room.

His reply puzzled the group.

Attendees began explaining to the president that the VA had not made enough progress on the issue at all, to which Trump responded by abruptly derailing the meeting and asking the attendees if Agent Orange was “that stuff from that movie.”

He did not initially name the film he was referencing, but it quickly became clear as Trump kept rambling that he was referring to the classic 1979 Francis Ford Coppola epic Apocalypse Now, and specifically the famous helicopter attack scene set to the “Ride of the Valkyries.”

Source present at the time tell The Daily Beast that multiple people—including Vietnam War veterans—chimed in to inform the president that the Apocalypse Now set piece he was talking about showcased the U.S. military using napalm, not Agent Orange.

Trump refused to accept that he was mistaken and proceeded to say things like, “no, I think it’s that stuff from that movie.”

One clue belying the president’s insistence is that the famous Robert Duvall line from the scene in Apocalypse Now, “I love the smell of napalm in the morning,” is not “I love the smell of Agent Orange in the morning.”

He then went around the room polling attendees about if it was, in fact, napalm or Agent Orange in the famous scene from “that movie,” as the gathering—organized to focus on important, sometimes life-or-death issues for veterans—descended into a pointless debate over Apocalypse Now that the president simply would not concede, despite all the available evidence.

Finally, Trump made eye contact again with Weidman and asked him if it was napalm or Agent Orange. The VVA co-founder assured Trump, as did several before him, that it was in fact napalm, and said that he didn’t like the Coppola film and believed it to be a disservice to Vietnam War veterans.

According to two people in attendance, Trump then flippantly replied to the Vietnam vet, “Well, I think you just didn’t like the movie,” before finally moving on.

The debate over Apocalypse Now in the Roosevelt Room lasted at least two minutes, according to estimates from those who endured it. The president was not able to call on everyone at the roundtable by the end of the event, in part due to these types of tangents.

Reached for comment Wednesday, Weidman told The Daily Beast that he does “hate that movie,” and while he did not go into specifics of this part of the meeting, he did confirm that Trump “said something where it was clear he was confused by napalm and Agent Orange.”

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X