Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Yeah I saw that last night, he's the rep in your area right?
    No, I have Paulsen.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

He added, "One of the reasons that the Democrats love the quote unquote female issue is because they know women vote more liberally than men do. Now you could say in a very, very sexist, misogynistic way that, 'well, that's because women just don't understand money. They don't understand, they're, they don't handle finances. They're guided by emotion not reason. Why, that's why they didn't have the vote for a full century in the country.' Well, it is true that women cast more votes for Democrats. All I'm saying, I'm not validating the stereotype. I'm married to a woman for heaven's sakes, but I will say this: Do not, do not pander and move left to get the female vote."

In a November 2012 broadcast, Lewis said women, by voting for Democrats, played into the stereotype that they don't think.

"So there is something here going on with women who are playing into that stereotype that they're not thinking," he said. "Oh, 'I know that's awfully prejudicial because the only way you can think is it a vote Republican, Jason.' I'm not saying voting Republican, but when you reliably almost a knee-jerk Democrat vote -- is birth control really that important to you ladies? Is that really the most important thing that you get your condoms for free? Now you've gotten Madonna, you know, running around and slutty outfits and Sandra Fluke telling everybody I'm not going to pay a dime for my diaphragm. Is that really what's important to women? I can't believe that. And yet there's this gender gap every election cycle. Women go Democrat."
      More Jason Lewis. Also I like how he plays the black friend card (except in this context uses his wife) at the end of paragraph 1.
      Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-19-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Weird, wonder why so many of us women don’t vote republican

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Weird, wonder why so many of us women don’t vote republican
          It's a mystery. What's even more of a mystery is why 53% of the white ones voted for Trump. That one I cannot figure out.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            It's a mystery. What's even more of a mystery is why 53% of the white ones voted for Trump. That one I cannot figure out.
            That's an easy one Scoobs. Oddly enough, Tiger Beat on the Potomac (Politico - using Charlie Peirce's nickname for it) had a great rundown of The Villages in Florida, which apparently is Mecca for Knuckledraggers - male and female alike. Basically the place is set up like Mayberry, complete with very, very little in the way of non-whites. I would guess the 53% is a result of two things - 1) Older white married females who want to go back to the 1950's and think Trump will get them there by getting rid of "the darkies" and 2) relatively lower participating of young females alongside most younger voters who didn't take the election seriously enough despite Trump and the GOP pretty much wearing their misogyny on their sleeve like a badge of honor. Old people in their 60's-70's are THE problem in this country. I don't get what younger voters were thinking but they like the rest of us are going to learn a brutal lesson about the merits of voter participation and absolutism once Chump is done. As bad as it is now, its only going to get worse.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              That's an easy one Scoobs. Oddly enough, Tiger Beat on the Potomac (Politico - using Charlie Peirce's nickname for it) had a great rundown of The Villages in Florida, which apparently is Mecca for Knuckledraggers - male and female alike. Basically the place is set up like Mayberry, complete with very, very little in the way of non-whites. I would guess the 53% is a result of two things - 1) Older white married females who want to go back to the 1950's and think Trump will get them there by getting rid of "the darkies" and 2) relatively lower participating of young females alongside most younger voters who didn't take the election seriously enough despite Trump and the GOP pretty much wearing their misogyny on their sleeve like a badge of honor. Old people in their 60's-70's are THE problem in this country. I don't get what younger voters were thinking but they like the rest of us are going to learn a brutal lesson about the merits of voter participation and absolutism once Chump is done. As bad as it is now, its only going to get worse.
              I agree. It's going to get much worse. The Legislative Session coming up will be very productive for the Republicans. They'll know they need to slam through as much as they possibly can before the election.

The question is "Will They Learn". Cause there are plenty of data points the last 38 years that are Democratic friends have failed to learn from. Will they learn now? I honestly don't know.

Comment

The Story
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Devin Nunes Likes Spending Money

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) used political donations to pay for almost $15,000 in tickets for Boston Celtics games, winery tours and trips to Las Vegas, according to a McClatchy article published Thursday.

Nunes, who is chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, used money from his political action committee to purchase Celtics tickets three times last year, according to McClatchy's analysis of reports from the Federal Election Commission and two watchdog groups.

His PAC, called New PAC, has also footed the bill for lavish Las Vegas events since 2013, spending a total of $42,741 on catering, rentals, hotels and meals, McClatchy reported.

The most recent Las Vegas expenses were noted in March, when the group sent $7,229 at seven restaurants and hotels, McClatchy reported, adding that the PAC spent thousands at six wineries in Paso Robles and Santa Margarita, Calif.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    He's also the House's "Chief Water Carrier" for President Trump.

Comment

To say nothing of the bulk grapefruit purchases.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I want to say Kavanaugh fronted like $200,000 for tickets to sporting events as well not long before he became the nominee for the Supreme Court.

Comment

Notice at the end who isnt standing and chanting U-S-A. Why does the GOP hate America?
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Notice at the end who isnt standing and chanting U-S-A. Why does the GOP hate America?
                            Because they get bigger campaign donations from Russia?

Comment

Not applauding IS treason now, right?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X