Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...republicans-if

GOP Rep. Steve King (Iowa) on Saturday defended his association with a Nazi-linked group in Austria, telling The Washington Post that the group is “far right.”

He made the comments about Austria’s Freedom Party, a group founded by a former Nazi SS officer and whose current leader was active in neo-Nazi circles, according to the paper.

“If they were in America pushing the platform that they push, they would be Republicans,” King, who is known for his inflammatory statements about immigration, told The Post.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

https://youtu.be/c14vfq3jqpo
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• But has he gotten a bill out of committee yet?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          But has he gotten a bill out of committee yet?
          which is greater: The number of Syrian refugees who have committed an act of terrorism on US soil or number of bills Steve King has gotten out of committee?

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6463754
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Something called Change Research polled a bunch of Trump districts

over the weekend. Don't know the partisan tilt (though I can guess based on the name alone) , but it also mentioned King with a 1 point lead and -10 favorability.

We could never be that lucky.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Something called Change Research polled a bunch of Trump districts

over the weekend. Don't know the partisan tilt (though I can guess based on the name alone) , but it also mentioned King with a 1 point lead and -10 favorability.

We could never be that lucky.
              Well he lost endorsements from papers he previously held in recent days. I would bet the numbers are close to right.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) responded Tuesday after he was condemned by a top House Republican, claiming that attacks against him "are orchestrated by nasty, desperate, and dishonest fake news."

King also said that the "goal" is to impeach President Trump and "Establishment Never Trumpers are complicit."

“Americans, all created equal by God, with all our races, ethnicities, and national origins-legal immigrants & natural born citizens, together make up the Shining City on the Hill. These attacks are orchestrated by nasty, desperate, and dishonest fake news. Their ultimate goal is to flip the House and impeach Donald Trump. Establishment Trumpers are complicit," he wrote in a statement posted to Twitter.
                  Earlier Tuesday, Rep. Steve Stivers (R-Ohio) — chairman of the House GOP campaign arm — condemned King for his recent comments in support of white nationalists.

"Congressman Steve King’s recent comments, actions, and retweets are completely inappropriate. We must stand up against white supremacy and hate in all forms, and I strongly condemn this behavior," Stivers tweeted.
                  So now GOPers that condemn racism are complicit with wanting Trump impeached?
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Sounds about right for Steve King.

Comment

Republicans hate kids, too.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Republicans hate kids, too.

jfc
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Even with gaining the House will Nancy and the Dems still have to play nice to a point? With a big lead now in the Senate couldn't the Republicans pass the Obamacare repeal bill previously passed in the House or minimally use that threat as a bargaining chip?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Even with gaining the House will Nancy and the Dems still have to play nice to a point? With a big lead now in the Senate couldn't the Republicans pass the Obamacare repeal bill previously passed in the House or minimally use that threat as a bargaining chip?
                            No, they can't pass it without throwing out the filibuster altogether. I don't see them doing that.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              All bllls not enacted by 1/3/19 die, and they have to start over.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                No, they can't pass it without throwing out the filibuster altogether. I don't see them doing that.
                                Can they pull the reconciliation card and pass it on a majority vote?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X