Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Since they haven't spoken to their constituents since voting to kill healthcare and given tax cuts to billionaires over a freaking year ago, people are forced to chase them down and scream at them.
    The Senate should be in play if Health Care is such a winning issue. I agree with what the guy said in the video 100% but Trump's approval rating is at 47% today. The highest it's been since right after the inauguration. And, the Senate that was in play appears to no longer be in play. Democrats just having the House will perhaps stave off more changes to Obamacare but there is court cases right now going through the courts and those cases are out there to guy the protections for pre-existing conditions. Republicans control the courts.

We may find Obamacare completely gutted by the Courts before Trump's term is up.

1. Pre-existing conditions is in the Courts.
    2. The mandate is gone.
    3. The phony/fake insurance plans are back on the market.

What else did Obamacare accomplish besides those three things? Nothing really.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      The Senate should be in play if Health Care is such a winning issue. I agree with what the guy said in the video 100% but Trump's approval rating is at 47% today. The highest it's been since right after the inauguration. And, the Senate that was in play appears to no longer be in play.
      I know you were told there would be no math, but good lord, you're the CNN of this board.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

One poll is not the end all be all. He's still at 42-43 percent overall. The same day as that NBC poll, a CBS poll had him at 39%. I'm shocked you're ignoring that one.

The Dems chances of getting the Senate have never been higher than 34. At their best, it was the same as trying to hit a point of 4 on a craps table. They're currently sitting at a 1-in-5 shot, or the equivalent of the Mendoza line. It was always an uphill battle because there are only 9 Republican seats up this year, and most of those are in solid red strongholds.

But keep on being chicken little.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Since they haven't spoken to their constituents since voting to kill healthcare and given tax cuts to billionaires over a freaking year ago, people are forced to chase them down and scream at them.
        I'm not suggesting this guy doesn't have good points because he does, however he really should have been sleeping better as New Jersey, (I assume he's a New Jersey resident as he's addressing a New Jersey Congressman) has had a state law against rating or denial for pre-existing conditions and has been a guaranteed issue state since 1992 with a strengthening of the law in 2008. So the points he's making don't apply to him in New Jersey.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

"We totally meant to do that." https://www.foxnews.com/politics/if-...ve-crashing-in

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            I know you were told there would be no math, but good lord, you're the CNN of this board.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

One poll is not the end all be all. He's still at 42-43 percent overall. The same day as that NBC poll, a CBS poll had him at 39%. I'm shocked you're ignoring that one.

The Dems chances of getting the Senate have never been higher than 34. At their best, it was the same as trying to hit a point of 4 on a craps table. They're currently sitting at a 1-in-5 shot, or the equivalent of the Mendoza line. It was always an uphill battle because there are only 9 Republican seats up this year, and most of those are in solid red strongholds.

Yep. Just like 2016.

And totally ignoring how Democrats are running on a non-winning issue which is what I am arguing. Even my own Senator who I like and have a lot of respect for has an op-ed today about drug prices.

We've been talking about drug prices since Obamacare was being debated. Nothing has happened. Nothing has happened for a reason. How about exposing that reason instead of bringing up the same tired arguments again?

http://www.startribune.com/klobuchar...ral/498069001/

This last May, Nicole Smith-Holt and James Holt Jr. joined with other families at our State Capitol to speak out against the skyrocketing cost of insulin.

The Holts weren’t just there as advocates, but as parents — motivated by the loss of their 26-year-old son, Alec.

Alec was a full-time restaurant manager, but like so many Americans, he still struggled to pay for the prescription drugs he needed. In June of last year, he started rationing insulin because he couldn’t afford $1,300 a month for insulin and supplies. Tragically, by the end of the month, he had died.

I stood next to the Holts at that rally in Minnesota and later met with them when they came to Washington this year. Their story is heartbreaking — and I heard similar stories as I traveled to all 87 counties of our state this year: People being forced to choose between refilling a critical prescription or keeping up with rent, paying the mortgage, or turning on the heat in the winter.
            She also whined about the epi-pen price increase. Nothing happened with that either. In fact there ended up being a shortage. I guess what I'm saying is I'm sick of hearing all these wonderful solutions that never get implemented and were never told why they're not getting implemented. Why?

We can start by ending an outrageous tactic called “pay-for-delay,” where big brand-name pharmaceutical companies pay off generic manufacturers to keep less expensive products off the market. According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, my proposal with Sen. Chuck Grassley to stop this practice would save taxpayers $2.9 billion. I can’t imagine any senators voting against this if it’s allowed to come to the Senate floor for a vote, so let’s get this done.

We also need to make sure that Americans can import safe drugs that cost less. In Canada, people spend half as much for prescription drugs as we do here in the U.S. In the U.S., a 90-day supply of Celebrex, an anti-inflammatory drug, can cost more than $600. Canadian pharmacies sell it for less than $200. It’s why I joined with my friend former Sen. John McCain to push for common-sense legislation that would allow Americans to safely import prescription drugs from Canada.

Every month we fail to act means another month when Minnesotans and people across the country continue to struggle and don’t get the care they need. It means more friends and families losing their loved ones, like Alec.

There are a number of bipartisan solutions on the table. Now we need the courage — courage like the Holts have shown — to take action, work for the betterment of our country, and save lives.
            Pay for delay? That's new. Isn't that unethical? Why is it legal? Why aren't we doing anything about it? Is this the reason? No, it can't be because our lawmakers aren't working for those companies.

This issue is a non-starter and will only serve to give the Democrats less majority in the long run. Obamacare proved that. Unless they find a way to push through Medicare for All and actually get the savings they've talked about out of it. Savings that Obamacare never delivered. And I just don't see anything happening on this issue without the Senate. So, people will vote health care this time, Obamacare will be destroyed in the courts, and nothing will happen with only House Control including these pie in the sky proposals by Amy Klobuchar and the short minded voters will punish the Democrats again for not accomplishing anything with their vote.

And the cycle continues.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Yep. Just like 2016.

And totally ignoring how Democrats are running on a non-winning issue which is what I am arguing. Even my own Senator who I like and have a lot of respect for has an op-ed today about drug prices.

We've been talking about drug prices since Obamacare was being debated. Nothing has happened. Nothing has happened for a reason. How about exposing that reason instead of bringing up the same tired arguments again?

http://www.startribune.com/klobuchar...ral/498069001/

She also whined about the epi-pen price increase. Nothing happened with that either. In fact there ended up being a shortage. I guess what I'm saying is I'm sick of hearing all these wonderful solutions that never get implemented and were never told why they're not getting implemented. Why?

We can start by ending an outrageous tactic called “pay-for-delay,” where big brand-name pharmaceutical companies pay off generic manufacturers to keep less expensive products off the market. According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, my proposal with Sen. Chuck Grassley to stop this practice would save taxpayers $2.9 billion. I can’t imagine any senators voting against this if it’s allowed to come to the Senate floor for a vote, so let’s get this done.

Pay for delay? That's new. Isn't that unethical? Why is it legal? Why aren't we doing anything about it? Is this the reason? No, it can't be because our lawmakers aren't working for those companies.

This issue is a non-starter and will only serve to give the Democrats less majority in the long run. Obamacare proved that. Unless they find a way to push through Medicare for All and actually get the savings they've talked about out of it. Savings that Obamacare never delivered. And I just don't see anything happening on this issue without the Senate. So, people will vote health care this time, Obamacare will be destroyed in the courts, and nothing will happen with only House Control including these pie in the sky proposals by Amy Klobuchar and the short minded voters will punish the Democrats again for not accomplishing anything with their vote.

And the cycle continues.
              Trump caught an inside straight. Therefore let's pretend he will do so every time. That's your argument.

Comment

Trump caught an inside straight. Therefore let's pretend he will do so every time. That's your argument.
                No, that's not my argument. I can trace all this back to 1980. And I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  In fairness though most of the protesters didnt say these types of things they just chanted. This type of heckling is off the charts bad. Sad thing is it is pretty mainstream thinking amongst the GOP at this point...even some of the ones I know speak this way about people like Pelosi. the amount of vitriol the Right has towards her is rather astounding. I mean you can hate she is a liberal all you want to but what exactly has she done to make so many hate her? Her run as Speaker didnt lead to anything that should upset the Right that badly.
                  They need a woman to hate at all times. Warren, Pelosi, Hillary, Murkowski and/or Collins (when they're waffling on a vote) - it's an endless cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    They need a woman to hate at all times. Warren, Pelosi, Hillary, Murkowski and/or Collins (when they're waffling on a vote) - it's an endless cycle.
                    Probably angry about their own weak mothers.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Scooby has good reason to sound the alarms continually. Currently, CNN says the Dems have a 72% chance of winning the House right now.

They also point out that Hillary had a 72% chance of being President, and we see how that ended.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Yeah that is why I didnt post that poll yesterday. The Hill is making it sound like overall his numbers skyrocketed and the aggregate doesnt show that at all. It is a fun scare tactic but it isnt intellectually honest.

And Scooby lets not forget that 538 was the ones saying that the numbers were closer than the media was saying they were back in 2016. If their numbers are showing 42% approval I will trust that over the NBC/WSJ poll. Multiple data points > single data point.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah that is why I didnt post that poll yesterday. The Hill is making it sound like overall his numbers skyrocketed and the aggregate doesnt show that at all. It is a fun scare tactic but it isnt intellectually honest.

And Scooby lets not forget that 538 was the ones saying that the numbers were closer than the media was saying they were back in 2016. If their numbers are showing 42% approval I will trust that over the NBC/WSJ poll. Multiple data points > single data point.
                          Fair enough. Like the rent, 42% is too high.

I still say Health Care is a non-winner unless someone shows some tangible results.
                          Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-22-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Bunch of good stuff in here on Lewis and Paulsen. Republicans fighting for their House Seats in Minnesota and both hopefully on the way out.

http://www.startribune.com/lewis-pau...NjaAzvSV1nV9k4

My favorite line.

But Lewis appeared by President Donald Trump’s side at his latest Minnesota rally and said, “I will support him on good policies,” mentioning border control.
                            Really? Border control? That's good policy?

They locked kids up in the cages. This is what I hate about this country. This issue should be a loser for Republicans at this point. They obviously have no solutions for the border. They locked the kids up and the caravan is still coming. How is that "good policy"?

What a ****ing joke.

Comment

Lewis has been a Trump Bobo since the beginning. He had sucked since day one on the radio so not surprised he sucks as a politician
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Lewis has been a Trump Bobo since the beginning. He had sucked since day one on the radio so not surprised he sucks as a politician
                                I just don't understand why the follow up to that answer isn't, "what's so good about it?". "Tell me how locking kids up is good policy."

Comment

Working...
                                X