Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

More on Elizabeth and how she destroyed her chances in 2020 if she ever had any.

Ms. Warren’s announcement was clearly intended to put to rest one of Mr. Trump’s favorite lines of attack. (Mr. Hoskin criticized Mr. Trump, too, for his repeated use of “Pocahontas” as a slur.) Instead, the DNA test brought a barrage of negative headlines and opinion pieces, in liberal-leaning publications like HuffPost as well as conservative-leaning ones like The New York Post.

Asked about the criticism, the senator’s campaign spokeswoman, Ms. Orthman, sent links to a tweet by Ms. Warren and to a statement posted on Facebook by the Eastern Band Cherokee, a separate tribe from the Cherokee Nation.

I won't sit quietly for @realDonaldTrump's racism, so I took a test. But DNA & family history has nothing to do with tribal affiliation or citizenship, which is determined only – only – by Tribal Nations. I respect the distinction, & don't list myself as Native in the Senate.
    — Elizabeth Warren (@elizabethforma) October 15, 2018

The Eastern Band Cherokee’s statement was supportive of Ms. Warren, saying that she “has not used her family story or evidence of Native ancestry to gain employment or other advantage” and that she “demonstrates respect for tribal sovereignty by acknowledging that tribes determine citizenship and respecting the difference between citizenship and ancestry.” It also listed Native-friendly bills she had supported in the Senate.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/u...bG15h6s11nWqsU

Guess Elizabeth doesn't know her history or her Shakespeare.

Discretion is the better part of valor. Caution is preferable to rash bravery. Said by Falstaff in King Henry the Fourth, Part One, by William Shakespeare.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      but..... taxes were cut
      What about ticked up means cut?

- Corporate tax revenue dropped 31% in fiscal year 2018 while personal income tax revenues ticked up 6.1%.
      - The deficit for fiscal year 2018, which ran from October 2017 through September 2018, was 17% wider than 2017's.
      - The increase in the deficit contradicts Trump and other officials promise that the GOP tax bill would "pay for itself." The deficit is going in the wrong direction if the president wants to eliminate all of the US's debt in eight years, as Trump promised he would do on the campaign trail.
      - A recent Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget report found that legislation passed in the 2018 fiscal year will account for $445 billion worth of fiscal year 2019's $973 billion budget deficit, or 46% of the total.
      - The increase in the deficit will only accelerate in years to come, the Congressional Budget Office warns.
      - If you look at the chart, you'll see that every single Republican administration in a generation saw massive deficit increases and every single Democrat administration saw massive deficit decreases.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-b...e-2012-2018-10

Republicans are the last people that should be in charge of the economy.
      Last edited by 5mn_Major; 10-18-2018, 07:23 AM.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        What about ticked up means cut?

- Corporate tax revenue dropped 31% in fiscal year 2018 while personal income tax revenues ticked up 6.1%.
        - The deficit for fiscal year 2018, which ran from October 2017 through September 2018, was 17% wider than 2017's.
        - The increase in the deficit contradicts Trump and other officials promise that the GOP tax bill would "pay for itself."
        - A recent Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget report found that legislation passed in the 2018 fiscal year will account for $445 billion worth of fiscal year 2019's $973 billion budget deficit, or 46% of the total.
        - The increase in the deficit will only accelerate in years to come, the Congressional Budget Office warns. The increase is the wrong direction if the president wants to eliminate all of the US's debt in eight years, as Trump promised he would do on the campaign trail.
        - If you look at the chart, you'll see that every single Republican administration in a generation saw massive debt increases and every single Democrat administration saw massive debt decreases.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-b...e-2012-2018-10

Republicans are the last people that should be in charge of the economy.
        When you look at side-by-side maps of red/blue and poverty and education level, it's not hard to see why an understanding of what you describe will have little or no effect on trump's base, even though they suffer the most harm from these policies.
        Last edited by burd; 10-18-2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Turtle Boy not only wants to destroy SS and Medicare. He wants Obamacare still too.

Republicans could try again to repeal Obamacare if they win enough seats in U.S. elections next month, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said on Wednesday, calling a failed 2017 push to repeal the healthcare law a “disappointment.” […]

He said, “If we had the votes to completely start over, we’d do it. But that depends on what happens in a couple weeks.”
          https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1MR2QE
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            You're a plutocrat.
            That's about the nicest thing anybody has ever said about mookie!
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Turtle Boy not only wants to destroy SS and Medicare. He wants Obamacare still too.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1MR2QE
              If the D win enough they can re-fund and add to OBC!!!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                That's about the nicest thing anybody has ever said about mookie!
                As long as they don’t call you needed!ck
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Heard on a cable news program for the first time this fall that the Democrats may not win the House. I said a month ago during Kavanaugh something had changed.

Comment

Heard on a cable news program for the first time this fall that the Democrats may not win the House. I said a month ago during Kavanaugh something had changed.
                    You're not telling us you predicted a negative outcome?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      You're not telling us you predicted a negative outcome?
                      You can believe me or disbelieve me. Me? I think the Dems will win the House and will lose seats in the Senate. Which means the Judge Packing will continue.
                      Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-19-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

You can believe me or disbelieve me. Me? I think the Dems will win the House and will lose seats in the Senate.
                        Probably a sound prediction.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          You can believe me or disbelieve me. Me? I think the Dems will win the House and will lose seats in the Senate. Which means the Judge Packing will continue.
                          So you are predicting what almost everyone else is including the pollsters and stats guys...man going hard on a limb there

And on the topic of predicting I told you about three weeks before the theoretically the bees would start saying the Dems might lose. Journalism 101 stuff there. Got to make it look close to keep people interested and watching.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            So you are predicting what almost everyone else is including the pollsters and stats guys...man going hard on a limb there

And on the topic of predicting I told you about three weeks before the theoretically the bees would start saying the Dems might lose. Journalism 101 stuff there. Got to make it look close to keep people interested and watching.
                            I think the pundits can be booked that way so you get Brent's ridiculous both sides. But the person who said this this morning I would not have expected to say it.

Something changed. That I know. And I do not think the Dems will get the wave they need

Funny. You guys blast me for going out on limbs then when I don't you blast me anyway. The only limb to go out on is to predict the Senate flips or predict the Republicans hold it all. The Dems aren't strong enough to do the former and the latter is so scary even I won't go there.

Comment

Oh get off your cross it was a joke. It has zero to do with you and everything to do with your take. It would be like guaranteeing Ohio State would beat the Gophers I'm going to mock that.

Maybe something changed maybe it didn't. I don't see Libs staying home so I don't think it matters much. The GOP has the wrong places up in the House and the Dems have the same problem in the Senate. That hasn't changed.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Oh get off your cross it was a joke. It has zero to do with you and everything to do with your take. It would be like guaranteeing Ohio State would beat the Gophers I'm going to mock that.

Maybe something changed maybe it didn't. I don't see Libs staying home so I don't think it matters much. The GOP has the wrong places up in the House and the Dems have the same problem in the Senate. That hasn't changed.
                                The entire House is up every two years. There's no wrong places or right places. The Senate is different as all the seats aren't up every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X