Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    So after apparently jealous remarks aimed towards the new Dems, McCaskill gets hers from Ocasio-Cortez. I wouldn't be surprised if McCaskill is turning slowly GOP with age. It happens.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/29/polit...ric/index.html
    Good. I don't get why McCaskill doesn't understand that these working class fears she speaks of are usually driven by racism. If the Dems are going to appeal to Missouri voters they're going to have to go all in on racial resentment and scapegoating of the threat du jour (immigrants, blacks, gays...it changes every year).
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Good. I don't get why McCaskill doesn't understand that these working class fears she speaks of are usually driven by racism. If the Dems are going to appeal to Missouri voters they're going to have to go all in on racial resentment and scapegoating of the threat du jour (immigrants, blacks, gays...it changes every year).
      The top of the national ticket shouldn't appeal to those seeking free everything. Healthcare coverage is enough.

On the other hand, we don't really care about where McCaskill wants to direct the party either. We need to understand the difference between La Crosse and Springfield. La Crosse voted for Obama. Springfield settled for Romney after David Duke decided not to run...but Trump is more its taste.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

The top of the national ticket shouldn't appeal to those seeking free everything. Healthcare coverage is enough.

On the other hand, we don't really care about where McCaskill wants to direct the party either. We need to understand the difference between La Crosse and Springfield. La Crosse voted for Obama. Springfield settled for Romney after David Duke decided not to run...but Trump is more its taste.
        Free? Nothing is for free. Including that ****ing wall.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

AOC and McCaskill both have something critically wrong, which is that there is any way to appeal to Republican voters. There isn't unless the GOP candidate is buggering underage children (see Moore, Roy). McCaskill is thinking the party can speak to their concerns but it can't unless screwing over non-whites is part of the official Dem party platform. AOC is wrong in thinking that economic populism will turn these voters into Dems. It won't. Missouri voters could very well vote for a higher minimum wage or legalized weed or Medicaid expansion, but they're still going to turn around and vote Trump because he's promising to bring back the 1950's complete with the bigotry and voter suppression.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            AOC and McCaskill both have something critically wrong, which is that there is any way to appeal to Republican voters. There isn't unless the GOP candidate is buggering underage children (see Moore, Roy). McCaskill is thinking the party can speak to their concerns but it can't unless screwing over non-whites is part of the official Dem party platform. AOC is wrong in thinking that economic populism will turn these voters into Dems. It won't. Missouri voters could very well vote for a higher minimum wage or legalized weed or Medicaid expansion, but they're still going to turn around and vote Trump because he's promising to bring back the 1950's complete with the bigotry and voter suppression.
            Agree across the board. Would rather McCaskill didn't go there...she looked bitter - which is not the tone the party wants to send - and gave the right cred in terms of criticizing the 'extreme lefts take over of the Dems'.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Free? Nothing is for free. Including that ****ing wall.
              Sure it is. We'll just make these people pay for it (choose answer of your choice)
              A. Mexicans
              B. Rich
              C. Corporations
              D. Someone other than us
              E. Just throw it on the credit card (AKA National Debt)
              "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
              Groucho Marx
              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
              Ron White
              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
              Milo Bloom

Comment

Just 3 days left! Get your digs in now before the 116th Congre$$ takes over!
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                  Sure it is. We'll just make these people pay for it (choose answer of your choice)
                  A. Mexicans
                  B. Rich
                  C. Corporations
                  D. Someone other than us
                  E. Just throw it on the credit card (AKA National Debt)
                  Most of it's already been built anyway.

Working marvelously.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Working marvelously.
                    Darn Obama and his time machine. https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFi...ions-final.jpg

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      White people have more in common with colored people than with rich people..
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        White people have more in common with colored people than with rich people..
                        Not quite:

Sincere whites have everything in common with minorities - but neither have much in common with whites that are against minorities.

The average rich and poor have more in common which each other - than either do with those that bribe the rich to screw the poor.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

sincere

Whata dufus
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Donnie decided to shut this down all by himself, he can rot in the White House. I hope he gets cut off from Diet Coke shipments

Nancy has no power yet. She can vacation in bora bora for all I care
                            Any chance we can get trump to confuse Tora Bora for Bora Bora and get him a nice mountainside cave for his next vacation?
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              sincere

Whata dufus
                              Do you like cool? Normal? How about those not going by mookie who thinks of minorities as 'colored'?
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Do you like cool? Normal? How about those not going by mookie who thinks of minorities as 'colored'?
                                Careful with that, mookie's married to an Asian woman. Are you married to anybody who would be an ethnic minority?
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X