Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress the final chapter: And Gerry Mander as the Speaker.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I don't think they could but imho the intent by Lyft is to get more disenfranchised voters to booths and I'm guessing this fits more liberals than not in the areas this will be initiated. So what I'm saying is Trumptards could try to monopolize ride usage by flooding Lyft with requests from their base as much as possible thereby nullifying their intended result.

I love the initiative so I'm not trying to s**t on it's just I don't underestimate the level these *******s will go to to interfere.
    If you don't show up for your ride you still get charged a no show fee I believe. So they'd have to be willing to pay to do that, and honestly it doesn't seem like all that effective of a strategy. I'd be far more worried about all the other voter suppression tactics (like what we talked about months back with OH purging the voter rolls) done by the opposition.

Comment

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) reportedly said the death of Iowa college student Mollie Tibbetts could be politically advantageous to Republicans heading into the November midterm elections.

"If Mollie Tibbetts is a household name by October, Democrats will be in deep trouble," he told Axios in an article published Wednesday.
      Gauche. Daft. Overt. Accurate. Newt being Newt.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

That seems more like wishful thinking.

Comment

Newt said "if" and that's the key.
          Mollie Tibbetts' name won't be remembered in the news cycle by week's end.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Well Lyft drivers can pick up who they choose...my guess is they go with more, ethnic looking, people
            Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            If you don't show up for your ride you still get charged a no show fee I believe. So they'd have to be willing to pay to do that, and honestly it doesn't seem like all that effective of a strategy. I'd be far more worried about all the other voter suppression tactics (like what we talked about months back with OH purging the voter rolls) done by the opposition.
            Fair enough.

I also mentioned elsewhere that gerrymandering and voter suppression on the whole are going to be potentially major hurdles in November and it's really sad it's come to that. Feels like I'm discussing elections in Thailand or the Philippines not the other way around.
            Last edited by Slap Shot; 08-27-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              Seeing as Mollie Tibbets family told them all to get bent anyways when they tried to politicize it methinks Newt has no idea what he is talking about.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

"Lyft is part of the librul Deep State, trying to help dem illeguz vote!"

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Seeing as Mollie Tibbets family told them all to get bent anyways when they tried to politicize it methinks Newt has no idea what he is talking about.
                  The people newt is talking about don’t give two ****s about he family. That’s just noise. All they care about is screwing brownie
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Right but they were showing up anyways. The Dems arent going to lose because Republicans vote Republican.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      I don't think they could but imho the intent by Lyft is to get more disenfranchised voters to booths and I'm guessing this fits more liberals than not in the areas this will be initiated. So what I'm saying is Trumptards could try to monopolize ride usage by flooding Lyft with requests from their base as much as possible thereby nullifying their intended result.

I love the initiative so I'm not trying to s**t on it's just I don't underestimate the level these *******s will go to to interfere.
                      The flaw in your plan is presuming Trump voters know how to use Lyft.
                      Last edited by unofan; 08-27-2018, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Hey look, it's a drive by posting from Mr. Fark Independent supporting a Republican message once again.

Color me shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          The flaw in your plan is presuming Trump voters know how to use Lyft.
                          You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to unofan again.

Comment

@FlinnShady: Dear @USSenate, cc: @senchuckschumer

As a member of the Russell Family (Senator Russell is my great uncle), some of my cousins and I wanted to say a few words about the movement to change the name of the Russell building to the McCain building.

@FlinnShady: We can only say: go for it. But please, don’t stop there. Senator Russell’s colleagues did not bestow the naming honor upon him because he was always right. In the area of Civil Rights, he and the times he lived in were proven horribly, tragically wrong. But it is also wrong to..

@FlinnShady: Boil down a lengthy career in the Senate to this one policy position. Senator Russell was honored in 1973 with this naming, despite his error on Civil Rights, because of the other ways he embodied the ideal of what it meant to be a Senator. To respect both one’s position AND...

@FlinnShady: The opposition to them. To embrace the mantle of the world’s most deliberative body and act accordingly by compromising and when an issue is settled allowing it to be settled.

@FlinnShady: Upon passage of the 1964 Civilr Rights Act, which Senator Russell wrongly resisted, he went back to his constituents and told millions of Southerners, “We lost. The Act is now the law of the land. As Americans, obey it. Move on.”

@FlinnShady: Can anyone imagine a Senator other than John McCain making such a statement in today’s political climate? So change th name of the building. But also change the Senate BACK to the world’s most deliberative body.

@FlinnShady: Heed th better examples of Senator Russell and Senator McCain, and behave as an agent for America and not just partisan tribalism. Heed the words of Senator McCain and return to regular order.

@FlinnShady: Changing the buildings name is not nearly as concerning to our family as the changes already wrought by the tribalistic winner-take-all culture the Senate currently exemplifies.

@FlinnShady: Senator McCain is MORE than deserving of all the honors that will be bestowed upon him. But the name of the building doesn’t matter as much as the behavior that goes on inside the building. Our condolences to the family of John McCain and our thanks to the Senator for his service

@FlinnShady: in times of peace and war. Honor him with the building name. But honor both Senators by following in their footsteps of decorum, comity and service to the country as a United States. Thank you from some several Russell cousins. Fin.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              ... change the Senate BACK to the world’s most deliberative body.

... behave as an agent for America and not just partisan tribalism. ... return to regular order.

... the tribalistic winner-take-all culture the Senate currently exemplifies.
                              Ouch. But truth hurts.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Ouch. But truth hurts.
                                Turn off the TV cameras
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X