Harvard Crimson 2018-2019 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2018-2019 All Things Bright and Beautiful

In case you haven't heard: Ryan Donato to the Minnesota Wild for Charlie Coyle (ex-BU) and a fifth round pick.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Appears Michael Lackey has torn the ACL (right knee) and is on the DL. Pressure is on Cameron at least through the regular season. Possible Lackey can play late in the playoffs if all goes well. Good news is that surgery does not seem required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by HUJFKLINE View Post
        Appears Michael Lackey has torn the ACL (right knee) and is on the DL. Pressure is on Cameron at least through the regular season. Possible Lackey can play late in the playoffs if all goes well. Good news is that surgery does not seem required.

I’m no doctor, but an ACL tear would have to be season-ending, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
          I’m no doctor, but an ACL tear would have to be season-ending, no?
          A torn ACL would clearly be season ending. Hard to move from post to post on a torn ACL.
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by HUJFKLINE View Post

This kid can't catch a break. Really feel for him. He was having a very good season. Terrible way to end your collegiate career.

Comment

Pretty impressive weekend given the circumstances. Could have easily called it a day against Brown, but battled back. And Yale? Harvard completely outclassed Yale in every phase....almost made you wonder if 2 different D should have made the World Jr team. Score could have been 5 or 6 zero with all the posts and the called back goals.

Heck of a weekend for Mr. Gornet.

On to RPI and Union.....

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                Pretty impressive weekend given the circumstances. Could have easily called it a day against Brown, but battled back. And Yale? Harvard completely outclassed Yale in every phase....almost made you wonder if 2 different D should have made the World Jr team. Score could have been 5 or 6 zero with all the posts and the called back goals.

Heck of a weekend for Mr. Gornet.

On to RPI and Union.....
                Agree. After the first period against Brown, I had this sick feeling that we were headed for an oh-fer weekend. But Gornet stood tall and shut the door for the rest of the weekend. Hope they use this as a springboard the rest of the way. Next week won't be easy but I feel a lot better about their chances.

Comment

Nice win over the Engineers tonite. After the first period, we dominated and had zero issues on the breakout.

Comment

Looking at the standings, we've clinched home ice for the quarters and get the bye. That's always nice. The two scenarios for tonight that we need to happen is for Clarkson to beat Cornell and for Yale to beat Quinny to clinch the Cleary Cup. Assuming we beat Union and that's no easy task at Achilles.

We also got some help in the Pairwise as UML, Northeastern and ASU all lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                      Nice win over the Engineers tonite. After the first period, we dominated and had zero issues on the breakout.
                      I'm pretty sure Union will have their fire alarms guarded.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        I'm pretty sure Union will have their fire alarms guarded.
                        We’re planning to cut the power midway through the second period.

Comment

Harvard deserved what it got tonight as Union played way harder and more desperate.

- Harvard has to get PP figured out
                          - Harvard was not great on face offs
                          - so many give away sin it’s own zone. Very sloppy
                          - Harvard has so many 3v2s but very poor decisions on those rushes
                          - Krusko and Donato remain headscratchers
                          - be great if our D cleaned out the crease so Gornet can see a shot

The ironic thing, is I would prefer to play Quinny than Cornell or Clarkson so if we can come out of the qtr, I like the draw a lot as far as how it played out.

Comment

Heads Up!
                            I got an email from HARVARD today asking if I wanted to get my usual season ticket seats.
                            I immediately clicked to the ticket office, tried to order my usual seats and discovered I was blocked as my season ticket seats would leave a single seat and that I would have to buy an extra seat for each game.
                            I called the ticket office on the phone and had no problem getting my usual seats.

Just a tip for people whose ticket purchase gets blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                              Harvard deserved what it got tonight as Union played way harder and more desperate.

- Harvard has to get PP figured out
                              - Harvard was not great on face offs
                              - so many give away sin it’s own zone. Very sloppy
                              - Harvard has so many 3v2s but very poor decisions on those rushes
                              - Krusko and Donato remain headscratchers
                              - be great if our D cleaned out the crease so Gornet can see a shot

The ironic thing, is I would prefer to play Quinny than Cornell or Clarkson so if we can come out of the qtr, I like the draw a lot as far as how it played out.
                              You mean in terms of the ECAC Final right? Because as it stands now, if the top four seeds advance, we see Cornell in the semis.

I'm not crazy about seeing Dartmouth in the quarters again (assuming they get by SLU and that should be a cakewalk). I'd actually rather face Yale or Brown. Union not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                                You mean in terms of the ECAC Final right? Because as it stands now, if the top four seeds advance, we see Cornell in the semis.

I'm not crazy about seeing Dartmouth in the quarters again (assuming they get by SLU and that should be a cakewalk). I'd actually rather face Yale or Brown. Union not so much.
                                I thought we are #4 seed and Quinny is #1 seed, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X