Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Harvard Crimson 2018-2019 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Re: Harvard Crimson 2018-2019 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Tight race in the ECAC as we come down the stretch. Four points separating second place from seventh. Should be some great hockey in the next couple of weeks.

Not thrilled that it took until the third period to win last night's game but we always seem to struggle up in Canton.

We're now #12 in the pairwise ahead of UMass Lowell who has beaten Massachusetts twice this year including when the Minutemen were #1 in the country. Hard to imagine how that happens but trying to parse the Pairwise gives me a popsicle headache.

Harvard Crimson 2018-2019 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Generally poor play at Clarkson with too many turn overs and lack of coordination was topped by a serious right knee injury to Lackey in goal. Does not bode well for the coming weekend against a rising Brown team and an always difficult game v Yale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HUJFKLINE View Post
    Generally poor play at Clarkson with too many turn overs and lack of coordination was topped by a serious right knee injury to Lackey in goal. Does not bode well for the coming weekend against a rising Brown team and an always difficult game v Yale.

I thought Harvard played well and showed fight, but you are right, too many careless plays to win on the road against a good team.

I hope that Lackey is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by bothman View Post
    I thought Harvard played well and showed fight, but you are right, too many careless plays to win on the road against a good team.

I hope that Lackey is ok.
    Is it the same knee that Lackey hurt originally in his freshman year? If so, yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Skate79 View Post
    Is it the same knee that Lackey hurt originally in his freshman year? If so, yikes!
    I thought the injury that kept him out an entire season was to his hip where he had surgery.

All Hail

In case you haven't heard: Ryan Donato to the Minnesota Wild for Charlie Coyle (ex-BU) and a fifth round pick.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Appears Michael Lackey has torn the ACL (right knee) and is on the DL. Pressure is on Cameron at least through the regular season. Possible Lackey can play late in the playoffs if all goes well. Good news is that surgery does not seem required.

Ever True since '92
    Appears Michael Lackey has torn the ACL (right knee) and is on the DL. Pressure is on Cameron at least through the regular season. Possible Lackey can play late in the playoffs if all goes well. Good news is that surgery does not seem required.

Iím no doctor, but an ACL tear would have to be season-ending, no?

Quote Originally Posted by kdiff77 View Post
    Iím no doctor, but an ACL tear would have to be season-ending, no?
    A torn ACL would clearly be season ending. Hard to move from post to post on a torn ACL.

This kid can't catch a break. Really feel for him. He was having a very good season. Terrible way to end your collegiate career.

Pretty impressive weekend given the circumstances. Could have easily called it a day against Brown, but battled back. And Yale? Harvard completely outclassed Yale in every phase....almost made you wonder if 2 different D should have made the World Jr team. Score could have been 5 or 6 zero with all the posts and the called back goals.

Heck of a weekend for Mr. Gornet.

On to RPI and Union.....

Pretty impressive weekend given the circumstances. Could have easily called it a day against Brown, but battled back. And Yale? Harvard completely outclassed Yale in every phase....almost made you wonder if 2 different D should have made the World Jr team. Score could have been 5 or 6 zero with all the posts and the called back goals.

Heck of a weekend for Mr. Gornet.

On to RPI and Union.....
    Agree. After the first period against Brown, I had this sick feeling that we were headed for an oh-fer weekend. But Gornet stood tall and shut the door for the rest of the weekend. Hope they use this as a springboard the rest of the way. Next week won't be easy but I feel a lot better about their chances.

Nice win over the Engineers tonite. After the first period, we dominated and had zero issues on the breakout.

Looking at the standings, we've clinched home ice for the quarters and get the bye. That's always nice. The two scenarios for tonight that we need to happen is for Clarkson to beat Cornell and for Yale to beat Quinny to clinch the Cleary Cup. Assuming we beat Union and that's no easy task at Achilles.

We also got some help in the Pairwise as UML, Northeastern and ASU all lost.

Banned

Nice win over the Engineers tonite. After the first period, we dominated and had zero issues on the breakout.
    I'm pretty sure Union will have their fire alarms guarded.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Union will have their fire alarms guarded.
    Weíre planning to cut the power midway through the second period.

Harvard deserved what it got tonight as Union played way harder and more desperate.

- Harvard has to get PP figured out
    - Harvard was not great on face offs
    - so many give away sin itís own zone. Very sloppy
    - Harvard has so many 3v2s but very poor decisions on those rushes
    - Krusko and Donato remain headscratchers
    - be great if our D cleaned out the crease so Gornet can see a shot

The ironic thing, is I would prefer to play Quinny than Cornell or Clarkson so if we can come out of the qtr, I like the draw a lot as far as how it played out.

Heads Up!
    I got an email from HARVARD today asking if I wanted to get my usual season ticket seats.
    I immediately clicked to the ticket office, tried to order my usual seats and discovered I was blocked as my season ticket seats would leave a single seat and that I would have to buy an extra seat for each game.
    I called the ticket office on the phone and had no problem getting my usual seats.

Just a tip for people whose ticket purchase gets blocked.

Harvard deserved what it got tonight as Union played way harder and more desperate.

- Harvard has to get PP figured out
    - Harvard was not great on face offs
    - so many give away sin itís own zone. Very sloppy
    - Harvard has so many 3v2s but very poor decisions on those rushes
    - Krusko and Donato remain headscratchers
    - be great if our D cleaned out the crease so Gornet can see a shot

The ironic thing, is I would prefer to play Quinny than Cornell or Clarkson so if we can come out of the qtr, I like the draw a lot as far as how it played out.
    You mean in terms of the ECAC Final right? Because as it stands now, if the top four seeds advance, we see Cornell in the semis.

I'm not crazy about seeing Dartmouth in the quarters again (assuming they get by SLU and that should be a cakewalk). I'd actually rather face Yale or Brown. Union not so much.

You mean in terms of the ECAC Final right? Because as it stands now, if the top four seeds advance, we see Cornell in the semis.

I'm not crazy about seeing Dartmouth in the quarters again (assuming they get by SLU and that should be a cakewalk). I'd actually rather face Yale or Brown. Union not so much.
    I thought we are #4 seed and Quinny is #1 seed, no?

Thread Information