Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2018-2019 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Fox, Marino, and Krusko named captains.

Hopefully this means Adam Fox is coming back.

Comment

Adam Fox along with Nathan Krusko and John Marino were named captains of the 2019-2020 Harvard Men's Hockey team.

Comment

Harvard has a fair amount of recruits listed on the final scouting/ranking report for the upcoming NHL draft:

- John Farinacci (35)
        - Henry Thrun (39)
        - Ryan Siedem (116)
        - Nick Abruzzese (122)
        - Derek Mullahy (29th rated North American goalie)

Sean Farrell is not draft eligible given his November birthday.

Harvard has returning D (assuming no early departures) of Marino, Fox, Rathbone, and Walsh; Incoming D definitely include Thrun, Foskey, and Siedem (I can't imagine any of them being asked to play another year of juniors) - so it will be a very competitive blue line for Harvard. The only player not drafted is Jace Foskey.

I would expect Farinacci to step right into the top 6 forwards and Abruzzese to step into the 2nd or 3rd line.

Comment

Good news from one of the best in the biz:
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/first-...ern-supremacy/

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
            Good news from one of the best in the biz:
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/first-...ern-supremacy/
            Except you have to subscribe to read the story.

Comment

So there was this nugget in the Boston Globe this week concerning Adam Fox and his 'decision'.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/c...oNK/story.html

My read? Adam is still thinking about leaving and the fact that he is calling Vesey and Ryan Donato says that he wants to get a better read on the pros and cons of jumping ship. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when he calls Ryan. His pro career isn't off to a dazzling start. I'm guessing that both Vesey and Donato will counsel Adam to consider such things as playing time, coaching staff, team stability and if the team is in rebuilding mode vs 'win now'. Along with the fact that Adam can be a free agent if he stays at Harvard and finishes his career. Carolina is giving holy heck to the Caps so far although to bring Adam in at this point might upset the chemistry.

Comment

Originally posted by H60Hockey View Post
                Adam Fox along with Nathan Krusko and John Marino were named captains of the 2019-2020 Harvard Men's Hockey team.
                They included Adam as a way to get him to stay. The team did something similar with Lane MacDonald after the '88 Olympics because the Hartford Whalers (now the Hurricanes) wanted Lane to jump ship. Not to say that Adam doesn't deserve the honor of being a tri-captain. he does. But it is just so obvious that they are saying they want him to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                  So there was this nugget in the Boston Globe this week concerning Adam Fox and his 'decision'.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/c...oNK/story.html

My read? Adam is still thinking about leaving and the fact that he is calling Vesey and Ryan Donato says that he wants to get a better read on the pros and cons of jumping ship. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when he calls Ryan. His pro career isn't off to a dazzling start. I'm guessing that both Vesey and Donato will counsel Adam to consider such things as playing time, coaching staff, team stability and if the team is in rebuilding mode vs 'win now'. Along with the fact that Adam can be a free agent if he stays at Harvard and finishes his career. Carolina is giving holy heck to the Caps so far although to bring Adam in at this point might upset the chemistry.
                  Well 2 things here:

1) I would bet one thing you left out of the things Fox is considering is money, and how jumping now would potentially impact him as opposed to waiting it out and playing the FA game in a year. That absolutely has to be part of the equation and honestly I believe it's probably a bigger factor than playing time, coaching staff, team stability, rebuilding etc. Clearly he's not going to develop a ton more at the collegiate level no matter how much he plays, since he's quite frankly playing against opponents where the vast majority aren't as good as he is. If he stays at Harvard, my guess is that it's due to having a better financial outcome in a year than what he's able to get right now--from the Canes or a potential trade suitor.

2) I don't think we'll see Fox with Carolina in this postseason, but after seeing how Makar fit in with the Avs, well....if Fox could have even 1/2 of the impact, he's not going to disrupt the chemistry. I think it's probably moot, though, as it doesn't appear that Fox is in any hurry to play with Carolina, now or ever.

Won't be surprised if he's playing at Bright-Landry next year or in the NHL. Both remain very plausible possibilities.
                  Last edited by GreenBear; 04-20-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=GreenBear;6798765][QUOTE]
                    Well 2 things here:

1) I would bet one thing you left out of the things Fox is considering is money, and how jumping now would potentially impact him as opposed to waiting it out and playing the FA game in a year. That absolutely has to be part of the equation and honestly I believe it's probably a bigger factor than playing time, coaching staff, team stability, rebuilding etc. Clearly he's not going to develop a ton more at the collegiate level no matter how much he plays, since he's quite frankly playing against opponents where the vast majority aren't as good as he is. If he stays at Harvard, my guess is that it's due to having a better financial outcome in a year than what he's able to get right now--from the Canes or a potential trade suitor.
                    If you check the next to last sentence of my post, I mention that Adam has a chance at pure free agency if he stays and finishes his career at Harvard. Implicit in my statement is the fact that he can negotiate with multiple suitors thereby increasing his $$$ without burning a year of his entry level deal should he sign with Carolina now.

2) I don't think we'll see Fox with Carolina in this postseason, but after seeing how Makar fit in with the Avs, well....if Fox could have even 1/2 of the impact, he's not going to disrupt the chemistry. I think it's probably moot, though, as it doesn't appear that Fox is in any hurry to play with Carolina, now or ever.

Won't be surprised if he's playing at Bright-Landry next year or in the NHL. Both remain very plausible possibilities.
                    You'd be surprised at how important chemistry is at this time of year. Adam would be replacing one of three established right shot D that has Carolina playing the Caps tough. Also, Makar went to the NCAA tournament final and then two days later, the Avs whereas Adam finished up three weeks ago. Would be hard for him to step in at this point.

Comment

NY Rangers have acquired Adam Fox from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for the Rangers 2019 second round pick and a conditional 3rd round pick in the 2020 NHL draft. There is no indication if he will or will not stay at Harvard to finish his senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by H60Hockey View Post
                        NY Rangers have acquired Adam Fox from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for the Rangers 2019 second round pick and a conditional 3rd round pick in the 2020 NHL draft. There is no indication if he will or will not stay at Harvard to finish his senior year.
                        I don't think the Rangers are making this move now for him to stay at Harvard another season when they could have just signed him as a free agent the following year. This tells me both the NYR and Fox want each other now.
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                          I don't think the Rangers are making this move now for him to stay at Harvard another season when they could have just signed him as a free agent the following year. This tells me both the NYR and Fox want each other now.
                          Add that Fox telegraphed that he was available immediately by specifically telling Carolina to trade his *** or lose him. If the plan was to hold out then his trade value was zero.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by H60Hockey View Post
                            He’s as good as gone. Fox will not be back at Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                              He’s as good as gone. Fox will not be back at Harvard.
                              Gone according to USCHO.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

NY Rangers announce Adam Fox has signed an entry-level contract and will not return to Cambridge. Oh well...

Comment

Working...
                                X