Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    Just an fyi there is a pretty cool charity game with a lot of NHLers playing in your neck of the woods... in case anyone is interested.
    https://twitter.com/usahockey/status...590464000?s=19
    Including Michigan Wolverines Dylan Larkin, Matt Hunwick, Zach Werenski, Andrew Copp, Luke Glendening, J T Compher, Kyle Connor and Jacob Trouba!
    The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
      Including Michigan Wolverines Dylan Larkin, Matt Hunwick, Zach Werenski, Andrew Copp, Luke Glendening, J T Compher, Kyle Connor and Jacob Trouba!
      Hopefully you can go then, wish I lived close enough to go. Get Jimmys autograph for me.

Evidently the Twitter link I sent before(on the charity game ) no longer works. So here is helpful info for those interested...

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/938892

http://www.hometownlife.com/story/sp...ame/892163002/

Tickets are available online at USAHockeyArena.com, by calling the box office at 734-453-8400 or by visiting the USA Hockey Arena Box Office in person at 14900 Beck Road, Plymouth, Mich., 48170.
      Last edited by BlackI; 08-22-2018, 08:28 AM.

Comment

So the game is about to be on- practice with the coaches was just the other day- and there's a small video of it on Mgoblue.

Getting excited!

Comment

Season Tickets arrived today. Getting closer.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Season Tickets arrived today. Getting closer.
            Yep, mine arrived on Thursday also.
            Only 11 days left to wait.
            Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7
            Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

One more week until hockey. I'm so excited for this season. Not so thrilled that the first game aligns with a home football game, which happens to be homecoming. Should be an interestingly long day.

Got the season tickets, looked at the images and was surprised to see 4 alternate captains. Any info/thoughts on why so many?
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                Got the season tickets, looked at the images and was surprised to see 4 alternate captains. Any info/thoughts on why so many?
                HMMM! Interesting.
                I didn't look at them, just separated the perforations and put them in order by date.
                That motivated me to go to MGoBlue and look for that on the roster and see who they are.
                The official roster doesn't indicate a "C" nor any "A"s.
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Not so thrilled that the first game aligns with a home football game, which happens to be homecoming.
                  Yeah but FB is a noon kickoff. Those fans should be out of the way for hockey parking.
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                    HMMM! Interesting.
                    I didn't look at them, just separated the perforations and put them in order by date.
                    That motivated me to go to MGoBlue and look for that on the roster and see who they are.
                    The official roster doesn't indicate a "C" nor any "A"s.
                    Cecconi captain. Boka, Lockwood, Martin, Slaker alternates.
                    https://mgoblue.com/news/2018/5/21/i...lternates.aspx

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                    Yeah but FB is a noon kickoff. Those fans should be out of the way for hockey parking.
                    I'm far less concerned about parking (probably will leave my car in it's football tailgate spot) than I am about how long of a day it will be for someone participating in homecoming activities.

My husband made me wash his Vermont hockey t-shirt so he can wear it this weekend.
                    Last edited by wolverineTrumpet; 10-01-2018, 06:29 AM.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I'm far less concerned about parking (probably will leave my car in it's football tailgate spot)
                      I park at Briarwood (free) and ride the AAATA shuttle bus from/to the Kensington. It drops me off right at gate 2.
                      Row 1
                      Seats 6 & 7

Comment

NCAA Rules changes for this season:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...ocols-approved

The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel approved a proposal to allow conferences to use one of two alternative formats to award points in their standings after the mandatory five-on-five, five-minute overtime period in men’s and women’s ice hockey.

After a traditional five-minute, five-on-five overtime, conferences may use either a five-minute, three-on-three overtime period and a shootout or only a shootout to award additional conference points. Conferences are not required to use one of the alternative systems and may end play after the five-minute overtime.

During nonconference regular-season games, these alternative options are not permitted, and a game would end in a tie after the traditional five-minute overtime.

In regular-season tournaments that require advancement, a 20-minute sudden death format can be implemented for overtime, instead of the traditional five-minute overtime period. These tournaments also may use the three-on-three and shootout or the standalone shootout format.

Other rules changes approved include the following:

Allowing the use of video review in situations where ejecting a player is being considered. Because such calls are critical and officials must currently make these determinations after viewing the play in real time, the Men’s and Women’s Ice Hockey Committee believes this change will be a positive.

A redefining of slashing. The approved change states: “Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent’s body, the opponent’s stick, or on or near the opponent’s hands that, in the judgment of the referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, should be penalized as slashing.”

For a substitution to be legal, the player coming off the ice must be within 5 feet of the bench before the substitute may contact the ice.

In overtime games, each team will have one timeout to use in overtime, regardless of whether a timeout was used during regulation play.
                        The number of skaters allowed on each team will be increased to 19 (the current rule allows up to 18).

A player who catches the puck must immediately place it on the ice for play to continue legally. If a player catches and conceals or throws the puck, a minor penalty shall be assessed.

To reduce the number of video review situations, coaches must use a challenge to review goals scored where a potential high stick is involved or plays where the puck touches the netting out of play and leads to a goal.
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Strange to see we have five guys named "Jack" on this team. That's a pretty good poker hand. Toss in a couple of "Jake's" and it could be a fun year for Al's announcing.
                          The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

My husband made me wash his Vermont hockey t-shirt so he can wear it this weekend.
                            Your husband should bring another shirt with him -- he's probably gonna want to take the Vermont shirt off after the first period.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                              Your husband should bring another shirt with him -- he's probably gonna want to take the Vermont shirt off after the first period.
                              Maybe he'll wear it to the football game and it will get soaked through so he'll have to take it off.

We both have Vermont shirts from a give away when we went to the Michigan hockey game at Vermont a couple years ago.

Arenas visited:

Comment

So wT, the answer to your question to us between periods is a strong no. No we can not score even strength.

The hard part is that they don't look bad, but just are a few inches off on the shots. Seeing Lockwood's shot go off both post was pretty depressing.

Comment

Working...
                                X