Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    In other news, I'm going to test out a new strategy for watching Michigan hockey this season. I'm only going to watch the 2nd period. I've determined we are a 2nd period team.
    I was curious, so I looked up the box scores for 2019. So far this calendar year, Michigan is 4-4, with an overall scoring edge in those 8 games of 24 goals for vs. 23 goals against. In the 2nd period of those games, that scoring edge is 14 goals vs. 6 goals against.
    That strategy would have worked last night. The 2nd period was definitely the one to watch if you had to pick one!
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
      That strategy would have worked last night. The 2nd period was definitely the one to watch if you had to pick one!
      For where we sit, we support this message....

Comment

Holy cow, we swept a weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Holy cow, we swept a weekend!
          Do you realize that hasn't happened since way back in OCTOBER?
          And yet we are in 2nd place in the B1G standings!
          It just does not make any sense - how can a .500 team be in 2nd place out of 7 teams?
          4th place would make a lot more sense, 3 teams above and 3 teams below.

Yeah, I know how. It just looks very strange.

https://bigten.org/confstandings.asp...y?path=mhockey
          Last edited by JoeZ; 02-10-2019, 10:19 AM.
          Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7
          Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

It just does not make any sense - how can a .500 team be in 2nd place out of 7 teams?

Yet there are 4 other teams with their own sweeps and 2 Michigan losses would either pass or tie you. What a tangled knot!

Comment

Yes, our first sweep since #59 in the pairwise, St. Lawrence, came to Ann Arbor.

Always good to beat little brother. 6 conference points are huge. Can we get another 3 tomorrow night at Notre Dame?
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

It was, for sure, a MORE complete weekend than they have had in a long time.

Will this turn into a lot more wins? I hope so.

But our hobey baker nominee still needs to pick up his game a lot. Not to score more, but to prevent more scores, like he did last year. Teams KNOW you are going to do that, Quinn (whatever you try). They are clearly more ready when you make a mistake. Which is the reason you will not make the Hobey finalists if you don't stop turning the puck over.

Comment

Oh how I hate.....

6:30 game on Friday and 6 on Saturday? What is this witchcraft? Last home games of the season.
                  The *ckeyes are coming off being swept at home by Minnesota. Will they seek revenge on us, or have they hit a slump that we can take advantage of?
                  With just 2 weeks left in the regular season and a very tight race for home ice, every point we can get is critical. I would love to have one more weekend of hockey at Yost after this one.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    Oh how I hate.....

6:30 game on Friday and 6 on Saturday? What is this witchcraft? Last home games of the season.
                    The *ckeyes are coming off being swept at home by Minnesota. Will they seek revenge on us, or have they hit a slump that we can take advantage of?
                    With just 2 weeks left in the regular season and a very tight race for home ice, every point we can get is critical. I would love to have one more weekend of hockey at Yost after this one.
                    One can be optimistic that we actually swept a weekend. And pessimistic that its so uncommon, plus we are playing the first place team. Being one point up on PSU is not a good place right now.

It's also tough to realize that after going to a great Frozen Four, the only way we get to the tournament right now is if we sweep three weekends in a row in March- as we only get in by winning the B1G.

Comment

It will be an interesting weekend. You guys have a lot riding on getting the wins and Ohio State is trying to get past getting kicked in the balls last weekend which Michigan would love to do as well. Plus OSU will be trying hard to get a win to lock in the regular season title so it doesn't become a monkey on their backs. I'll be there Saturday, love the environment at Yost!

Comment

are we going to be able to park at Crisler center this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                          are we going to be able to park at Crisler center this weekend?
                          Why would you park there for hockey? It's on the wrong side of the railroad tracks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            Why would you park there for hockey? It's on the wrong side of the railroad tracks!
                            Its free and park close to the tracks as possible and its not that far a walk

Comment

Suit yourself. The wife needs handicapped parking so a walk not an option for us.

Comment

We park in the neighborhood across State St from Yost- street parking is free.

But you guys should be aware that State Street is CLOSED just south of Yost. There are signs to go around- (see google maps), East on Eisenhower, north on S Industrial, East on Stadium, north on Packard, which meets up with State north of Yost. There are a number of direct roads (Granger, Dewey, McKinley) that connect Packard to State, so that you can get to the front entrance of Yost, where the accessible parking is.

To get to Crisler, it's east on Stadium. Or you already know to get off at Ann Arbor Saline Rd and head toward the stadium.

I've never parked at Crisler, so I have no idea if you can park there or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X