Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    We park in the neighborhood across State St from Yost- street parking is free.

But you guys should be aware that State Street is CLOSED just south of Yost. There are signs to go around- (see google maps), East on Eisenhower, north on S Industrial, East on Stadium, north on Packard, which meets up with State north of Yost. There are a number of direct roads (Granger, Dewey, McKinley) that connect Packard to State, so that you can get to the front entrance of Yost, where the accessible parking is.

To get to Crisler, it's east on Stadium. Or you already know to get off at Ann Arbor Saline Rd and head toward the stadium.

I've never parked at Crisler, so I have no idea if you can park there or not.
    I am staying at the red roof on state street what would my route be.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Suit yourself. The wife needs handicapped parking so a walk not an option for us.
      understandable the walk can get kind of cold but i dont mind

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
        I am staying at the red roof on state street what would my route be.
        Pretty much what I posted. I just did a google maps direction, and it seems to think State is open. Hmm. I'll check the signs on my way home tomorrow again.

edit- you did see wT rant about the early starts, right? Especially coming from Cowtown tomorrow...
        Last edited by alfablue; 02-20-2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Pretty much what I posted. I just did a google maps direction, and it seems to think State is open. Hmm. I'll check the signs on my way home tomorrow again.

edit- you did see wT rant about the early starts, right? Especially coming from Cowtown tomorrow...
          Im coming from Toledo on Friday after work but yea i knew about the early starts and i agree with him they stink. thanks for the directions and heads up about construction

Comment

Thanks! I recalled State was closed earlier in the season but didn't know it was still ongoing. If it's open now that would be great.
            How far south of Yost was it closed? Was it between Stadium & Granger?

Comment

Thanks! I recalled State was closed earlier in the season but didn't know it was still ongoing. If it's open now that would be great.
              How far south of Yost was it closed? Was it between Stadium & Granger?
              Yes, it was actually listed as Granger to Stimson (Stadium passes over State, if you didn't know that). But it's really close to my commute and will check (if I remember....). It was supposed to be done a few weeks ago, but I've noticed that most of the signs were back up, and the outgoing traffic has been horrible on some of the detour roads.

Comment

Im coming from Toledo on Friday after work but yea i knew about the early starts and i agree with him they stink. thanks for the directions and heads up about construction
                wT = her

Last time I drove by Eisenhower and Industrial the detour signs were down, so I think State Street construction is over, and the Google traffic map shows it as open.

As for parking at Crisler, you should be able to. No basketball games Friday or Saturday to compete with.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G
                7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  wT = her

Last time I drove by Eisenhower and Industrial the detour signs were down, so I think State Street construction is over, and the Google traffic map shows it as open.

As for parking at Crisler, you should be able to. No basketball games Friday or Saturday to compete with.
                  I'm very sorry about that

Comment

I'm very sorry about that
                    ???

Comment

???
                      He called wT a 'him', when she's a 'her'.

Comment

He called wT a 'him', when she's a 'her'.
                        Missed that but I could have told him he's a she. lol!
                        In a friendly gesture that not all Buckeyes are jerks I bought her a beer at a game down here. She's very nice.

Comment

Missed that but I could have told him he's a she. lol!
                          In a friendly gesture that not all Buckeyes are jerks I bought her a beer at a game down here. She's very nice.
                          Oh, I know it's wasn't an intentional slight on his part. I also make the assumption that most posters on this message board are men. That was why I did the smiley face.

It was nice meeting you last year, and that was a tasty beer, thank you. I can't return the favor since Yost doesn't sell alcohol. That, and in my current condition I refuse to buy others beer since I'm not supposed to have any (darn parasite keeps kicking me all day).

I also have to share that my favorite former resident of the Buckeye State (my college roommate) got a great baby book for my parasite: 'I am a Zamboni Machine'. She also got 'Rocket Science for Babies' and 'Baby Loves Structural Engineering'.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G
                          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                          2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            Oh, I know it's wasn't an intentional slight on his part. I also make the assumption that most posters on this message board are men. That was why I did the smiley face.

It was nice meeting you last year, and that was a tasty beer, thank you. I can't return the favor since Yost doesn't sell alcohol. That, and in my current condition I refuse to buy others beer since I'm not supposed to have any (darn parasite keeps kicking me all day).

I also have to share that my favorite former resident of the Buckeye State (my college roommate) got a great baby book for my parasite: 'I am a Zamboni Machine'. She also got 'Rocket Science for Babies' and 'Baby Loves Structural Engineering'.
                            Well congratulations! I became a grandfather of a baby girl last June myself. If we run into each other again I'd love to talk more automotive engineering with you. Some of the problems we're encountering in the field after several years on the road is insane and it's not just GM.
                            I wonder if Yost will ever sell adult beverages but if I drive back to cowtown after a game I wouldn't drink anyway but I'm staying this trip with family in Northville. My cousin's the black sheep of the family, only one who's not a Wings fan. The basta*d is a Blackhawks fan!

Comment

Well congratulations! I became a grandfather of a baby girl last June myself. If we run into each other again I'd love to talk more automotive engineering with you. Some of the problems we're encountering in the field after several years on the road is insane and it's not just GM.
                              I wonder if Yost will ever sell adult beverages but if I drive back to cowtown after a game I wouldn't drink anyway but I'm staying this trip with family in Northville. My cousin's the black sheep of the family, only one who's not a Wings fan. The basta*d is a Blackhawks fan!
                              Staying on that tangent, I'd like to get in on that conversation....

We go see the band between periods, and wT sometimes comes down to say hi - as we stand pretty close to her seats.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                (darn parasite keeps kicking me all day).
                                I'd say your future little hockey player is just working it along the boards!

Comment

Working...
                                X