Michigan wolverines 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan wolverines 2018-19

Get a gift, and just give it away... wow. That was terrible.

We get out ticket money back, I guess.

Comment

One of the most disappointing series in recent memory. Two wins against a lesser team and we finish in 2nd with home ice the first 2 rounds. Instead we just gave away 2 games to finish in 6th. Sloppy play by the team and terrible goalie play both nights. What a disappointing season.

Comment

Got my playoff refund. I'm still disappointed at last weekend's results. I had gotten used to us not earning a sweep, but being swept? ugh.

Time for what is likely our last weekend of the season. Will we at least force a game 3?

I normally love watching the speed and skill of a Michigan vs. Minnesota game. This weekend I'm a bit meh on it. I still love Michigan hockey, it's just been a disappointing season.

I'm trying to convince husband to go with me to Bowling Green to watch Tech play instead.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I was still entertained by the up and down skill game of a typical Michigan- Minnesota game- that's pretty fun.

But this one was an oddball- Minnesota only took advantage of that once, and use never. And the odd part about our team- if we had one or two shooters, we would have been able to put that game away in the 2nd pretty easily. But since we don't- we got more luck than skill goals.

And interesting development tonight- Hughes got hurt late, but should play tonight. And just a quick peek on the MN thread- they somehow think he's going to play in New York later in the week, as that's where the Canucks play later in the week. If we lose, good luck, Quinn. Given the +- you gave us this season vs. last year, I can't say that I'll miss you much. Nice kid, for sure- but our team could not make up for him turning the puck over at bad times.

Comment

So that's the season. Have a great off season, everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              Got my playoff refund. I'm still disappointed at last weekend's results. I had gotten used to us not earning a sweep, but being swept? ugh.

Time for what is likely our last weekend of the season. Will we at least force a game 3?

I normally love watching the speed and skill of a Michigan vs. Minnesota game. This weekend I'm a bit meh on it. I still love Michigan hockey, it's just been a disappointing season.

I'm trying to convince husband to go with me to Bowling Green to watch Tech play instead.
              Better you didn't go to Bowling Green.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

you are welcome to send your coach back to Tech ... ?
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

And interesting development tonight- Hughes got hurt late, but should play tonight. And just a quick peek on the MN thread- they somehow think he's going to play in New York later in the week, as that's where the Canucks play later in the week. If we lose, good luck, Quinn. Given the +- you gave us this season vs. last year, I can't say that I'll miss you much. Nice kid, for sure- but our team could not make up for him turning the puck over at bad times.
                  We were curious what Michigan fans thought of him in the WJC. Definitely felt like he was a liability on the ice. Every game I thought he’d adjust to the higher level of competition but he never did, kept trying to do too much and giving up costly turnovers. He’s obviously got talent since he got the playing time, but definitely needs puck discipline. Will be interesting how he transitions to NHL
                  I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                    We were curious what Michigan fans thought of him in the WJC. Definitely felt like he was a liability on the ice. Every game I thought he’d adjust to the higher level of competition but he never did, kept trying to do too much and giving up costly turnovers. He’s obviously got talent since he got the playing time, but definitely needs puck discipline. Will be interesting how he transitions to NHL
                    I know for sure, I speak for me, but reading other comments, I don't see many of us being too sad if Quinn leaves- he's been more of a liability than an asset to the team, and while most would just see that on the ice, it's also pretty stark in his stats- this year to last year, he did manage to score 4 more points, but the +- went from 14 to 0. And if you look at how many 1 goal games we were in, those mattered a LOT.

And I do realize that I have been posting about out lack of shooters, but when your team struggles with scoring, D becomes that much more important.

For opposing fans, he's a lot of fun- very dynamic and flowing, mostly great skills with the puck- but with wins on your team, it's not a bad kind of entertainment.

I also expect Will Lockwood to go pro- he may not be 100% ready, but he's ready enough. Good kid, tough, and is strong on the puck. He'll be missed a lot.

And with his injury, I wonder about Josh Norris- while he's not as obvious as Quinn, he was one of the few guys on the team that I thought could score. The injury goes two directions- did he develop enough without the ice time OR should he avoid another injury and go now? I kind of doubt he will be talked into leaving, but it's a possibility, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      I know for sure, I speak for me, but reading other comments, I don't see many of us being too sad if Quinn leaves- he's been more of a liability than an asset to the team, and while most would just see that on the ice, it's also pretty stark in his stats- this year to last year, he did manage to score 4 more points, but the +- went from 14 to 0. And if you look at how many 1 goal games we were in, those mattered a LOT.

And I do realize that I have been posting about out lack of shooters, but when your team struggles with scoring, D becomes that much more important.

For opposing fans, he's a lot of fun- very dynamic and flowing, mostly great skills with the puck- but with wins on your team, it's not a bad kind of entertainment.

I also expect Will Lockwood to go pro- he may not be 100% ready, but he's ready enough. Good kid, tough, and is strong on the puck. He'll be missed a lot.

And with his injury, I wonder about Josh Norris- while he's not as obvious as Quinn, he was one of the few guys on the team that I thought could score. The injury goes two directions- did he develop enough without the ice time OR should he avoid another injury and go now? I kind of doubt he will be talked into leaving, but it's a possibility, for sure.
                      I watched about five Michigan games this season. Without a supporting cast on offense, no matter how good a defenseman is he can't keep carrying a team on his shoulders every night. Goaltending was also an issue this season. Losing Norris was a big loss.

Quinn is an outstanding player and guys like that excel more when they have better puck support. Not sure on Lockwood, he might stick around. I expect a better more experienced Mich. team as a contender next season.

Comment

Announced on Red Wing telecast that Quinn has signed three year deal with the Canucks.
                        The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Quinn Hughes signed with Vancouver. No surprise, good luck young man!
                          Let's Go Bobcats!
                          Go Blue!

Comment

How has your guys’ game attendance been? Sure you’ve noticed—Gopher attendance hurting is an understatement. I think Wisconsin is doing fine but they don’t have any close geographic rivalries. Michigan and MSU seem to be the best teams to compare attendance woes since you had plenty of in-state competition before. Wondering if it’s anadministration issue at Minnesota or if losing in-state competition hurts. Michigan is also closer to other B1G rivals where Minnesota just has a rivalry with WI.
                            Thoughts?
                            I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                              How has your guys’ game attendance been? Sure you’ve noticed—Gopher attendance hurting is an understatement. I think Wisconsin is doing fine but they don’t have any close geographic rivalries. Michigan and MSU seem to be the best teams to compare attendance woes since you had plenty of in-state competition before. Wondering if it’s anadministration issue at Minnesota or if losing in-state competition hurts. Michigan is also closer to other B1G rivals where Minnesota just has a rivalry with WI.
                              Thoughts?
                              For us, it's been pretty good- looks like our overall season average was 5628, where capacity looks to be a fixed 5800. The lowest was 5208 against Wisconsin on Nov 24- which would mean most students are long gone.

I suspect the playoff game would have been light, mostly because of communication issues with ticket holders- not everyone got notified to get the tickets. Given that we didn't get the two points required in Madison, it was a moot point.

Comment

I was going through your thread for the season and I realized Streaker never posted once, in fact nothing for a year.
                                Does anyone know if something happened to him?

Comment

Working...
                                X