Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: McDonald out at RIT

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    I just went to the RIT website and found this about the Women's Hockey Coach position:

GRADE
    123A

MINIMUM
    $88,800.00

MIDPOINT
    $115,500.00

MAXIMUM
    $142,100.00

Assuming he was at least at the midpoint of this salary range, he must have found a really good regular job to have left that kind of a salary behind! I don't know much about it but that seems like quite a healthy salary range for a coach at a D3 school. Is it because it's a D1 team? Would the salary be the same if they were running a D3 hockey program?

Assuming title 9 is in effect the men's coaching staff gets the same. That must be the lowest in Division I College hockey. Not Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
      Assuming title 9 is in effect the men's coaching staff gets the same. That must be the lowest in Division I College hockey. Not Good!
      Brown is comparable.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

It came to a vote and lost, but it was also agreed that the current D3 schools that were playing up and not offering scholarships couldn't.
        Thank you. I never knew about this part.

Comment

Thats.....not how title ix works

Comment

Title IX has nothing to do with salaries. Comparable salaries is an equity issue. Google "Shannon Miller lawsuit."

Comment

Title IX has nothing to do with salaries. Comparable salaries is an equity issue. Google "Shannon Miller lawsuit."
              I also think that $115k is not that far off some other D1 schools....Maine is actually way below that. Only think making it work is the husband/wife combo salary.

Comment

Union gives money from the endowment fund. Union only has 2,000 students and all are "eligible" to the money, if they are in "need". Athletes get the money(cough, cough, cough)

Salaries at RIT are comparable both Men and Women and they are the lowest in Division I hockey.

Ivy league does not give scholarship but the education, connections etc... is worth the student loan.

In the mid 80's when the NCAA passed the rule regarding multi divisional colleges, Union decided to not give scholarship, Colgate decided to give scholarship.

RIT and Union are the only non ivy league schools who do not give scholarship Union plays in the ECAC (strong league). RIT in Atlantic hockey ( not as strong or respected).

Bottom line; Its hard to win and when a team does not have the resources other schools have, well very very hard to win.

Strong coaching can help, however to be consistent, the programs need more resources which they will never get.

Comment

Union plays in the ECAC (strong league). RIT in Atlantic hockey
                  RIT plays in the CHA.

Strong coaching can help, however to be consistent, the programs need more resources which they will never get.
                  Resources such as scholarships, sure, but they're not hurting for facilities with their new Gene Polisseni Center.

Comment

Blah, blah, blah. Need I remind you that even a blind squirrel.....
                    To be clear I was referring to the men's program. Surely you're not comparing Wayne Wilson to a blind squirrel?

How would dropping to D3 help the men's program?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                      To be clear I was referring to the men's program. Surely you're not comparing Wayne Wilson to a blind squirrel?

How would dropping to D3 help the men's program?

Powers &8^]
                      Well then you're the only one talking about the men's team and their coach while the rest of us are talking about the women's team and their former coach. Feel free to go over to the men's thread to continue your conversation with yourself.

Comment

Well then you're the only one talking about the men's team and their coach while the rest of us are talking about the women's team and their former coach. Feel free to go over to the men's thread to continue your conversation with yourself.
                        Men's team staff is on a short leash, they cannot have another sub par season.

Women's team:

Unsure of what the answer is: Many teams have a nice rink and facilities. after the novelty of that weras off, ice is ice. Scholarships is the key or a change in philosophy with recruiting, coaching and player development. RIT has a strong education but not IVY level.

Get some money to the Athletes some how: cost of attendance, scholarship, endowment....etc

Tuition goes up, harder to get players in and keep them there especially with the zero consequence transfer rule for women.

Any news of players transferring out?

Comment

You're the one who brought them up, when you said it would be best for both teams to go down to D-III.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                            You're the one who brought them up, when you said it would be best for both teams to go down to D-III.

Powers &8^]
                            It was actually Hockeyplayer82 that first brought up the men's program and I simply commented to his post. Put on your reading glasses. Yes I do think both teams would benefit by returning to D3 status. They'd both be potential powerhouses every year in D3. I just think D3 is a better overall fit for them. Think of the in-town rivalry they could have with Nazareth too. That could be a really fun situation! Hockeyplayer82 also said the men's coach/staff is on a short leash. They wouldn't be if they were playing in D3. Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree. It won't bother me at all.
                            Last edited by shelfit; 07-18-2018, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Adrian College’s Chad Davis in.

Comment

Originally posted by bc6696 View Post
                                Adrian College’s Chad Davis in.
                                Is this true? Haven't seen anything "official".

Comment

Working...
                                X