Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 197: Hot! Hot! Hot!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Your logic is backwards. Go back to basic supply and demand. In this hypothetical situation, supply is high, demand is low, causing low prices. 1) Land that developers are interested automatically has a lower supply, because only land that is in city limits, or adjacent to existing developments would be in demand, causing a reduction in supply. 2) Adding developers into the mix increases the demand side of the equation, because that means that more parties are in the market for the purchasing that land, likely several developers. All in all, this situation that you are describing would only increase land values, and prices for the owners of that land. It all goes back to basic economics.
    Some farmers are losing money, though, correct? So to stop the bleeding, they might be more willing to sell at lower prices. Otherwise, you are correct, and the price goes up for the land.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Some farmers are losing money, though, correct? So to stop the bleeding, they might be more willing to sell at lower prices. Otherwise, you are correct, and the price goes up for the land.
          All farmers are losing money. But, selling the land is a last resort. You sell the land, and you're done. But, in a situation where someone is forced to sell by a lender demanding loan repayment, their willingness to sell at a lower price does not come into play when you're talking about supply and demand. And in the situation I described, where developers are looking to buy land, the balance between supply and demand is actually more in favor of the seller than in a normal situation where developers are not interested. So, even if they are willing to sell at a lower price, they likely will not have to. Think of it this way, if you own a 1969 Corvette, but really need some money to pay off some debt, and are forced to sell, it doesn't matter that you only need $8000 to pay off your debt, if there are 2 guys that want that car, and are both willing to pay $15000, you are going to get north of $15000 for that car, regardless of how much you'd be willing to sell it for.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Hurricane info is scary. Know a few people who probably will lose their homes

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Work is still crappy. Co-worker off today and tomorrow. No help from main building, but thankfully, things fell into place today to make a best case scenario on my end. Have about a dozen days off (all M or F) for the rest of the year to get under my carryover limit. That will help.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Good Afternoon Lodge!

Hurricane info is scary. Know a few people who probably will lose their homes
                    Lucky for us, we live far enough north and west we should be safe from most problems.

There will be localized flooding im sure (up to 10" could fall), and some wind damage is possible (50 mph max around here i think).

But i have a crawl space and dont live in a low lying area. So my only concern really is power outages.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      Lucky for us, we live far enough north and west we should be safe from most problems.

There will be localized flooding im sure (up to 10" could fall), and some wind damage is possible (50 mph max around here i think).

But i have a crawl space and dont live in a low lying area. So my only concern really is power outages.
                      Be safe!! Regardless of your location, I agree that power could be your biggest worry. Make sure you have flashlights! And stock up on water!!

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Be safe!! Regardless of your location, I agree that power could be your biggest worry. Make sure you have flashlights! And stock up on water!!
                        My friend who weathered Irma and Maria on St Croix said to get out cash. That without power Credit Cards don't work. $$ get very hard to come by.

I have a friend on a barrier beach in So Carolina. Not looking good.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Spent the AM at Meineke after lilnsl brakes failed on the way to work. He just had them repaired <4 mo ago so it is covered. Guy said some part that he never has to replace rotted out. They are still searching for the part

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I received an unknown amount of money from Mr Jay Clayton. Using the average to date, the total is now $827,210,813.34.
                          I received $850K from Publishers Clearing House. The total is now $828,060,813.34.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I received $850K from Publishers Clearing House. The total is now $828,060,813.34.
                            You finally won!!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              You finally won!!
                              It's then third time.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X