Union College: 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2018-2019

Red goal after 53 seconds, see you next year fans!

Comment

• Originally posted by YouSeeAlum View Post
      Red goal after 53 seconds, see you next year fans!
      Step back off the ledge!! Sustained pressure for a minute and its all tied up.

Comment

I got punished for that comment, I missed both U goals on a computer malfunction!!!

Comment

Nice Cornell home refs today. 5 minute penalty and embellishment for falling down when you get crushed into the boards? Homer calls both. Game over.

Comment

Looks like the ECAC may end up with 4 teams in the NCAA's. I hope at least one makes it to the FF. At Lake Placid Cornell does not do well with the big ice. Can't leverage big bodies. I would see Harvard or Clarkson having the advantage and winning the Whitelaw unless Cornell can bring their refs from Ithaca.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

"Far above, Cayuga's waters,
              there's, an awful smell.
              Some say it's Cayuga's waters,
              We, say it's Cornell!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by YouSeeAlum View Post
                Nice Cornell home refs today. 5 minute penalty and embellishment for falling down when you get crushed into the boards? Homer calls both. Game over.
                C’mon, the Foo 5:00 major was deserved. A truly dangerous play, and quite obvious on the replay as he extended his left leg right into Kaldis’ leg.

Comment

Foo probably should have been ejected. Intent to injure.

But the embellishment call was nonsense. The guy was taken into the boards and probably never even saw the hit coming. How on Earth is that embellishment?

Congrats to the Dutchmen for a hard fought series. Bennett had a strategy and UC executed it to perfection. It wasn't enough but it d-mn nearly was.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    Looks like the ECAC may end up with 4 teams in the NCAA's. I hope at least one makes it to the FF. At Lake Placid Cornell does not do well with the big ice. Can't leverage big bodies. I would see Harvard or Clarkson having the advantage and winning the Whitelaw unless Cornell can bring their refs from Ithaca.
                    Cornell is 7-8 all time at Lake Placid. I am glad you think so much of Cornell's program that you consider this to be underachieving. Wins are tough to come by when it's best-on-best.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      Cornell is 7-8 all time at Lake Placid. I am glad you think so much of Cornell's program that you consider this to be underachieving. Wins are tough to come by when it's best-on-best.
                      Someone should check my numbers here:

Cornell at 1980 Rink Herb Brooks Arena, Lake Placid, New York ECAC Tournament
                      2017-2018
                      - Lost to Princeton
                      2016-2017
                      - Beat Union
                      - Lost to Harvard
                      2015-2016
                      - Did not play
                      2014-2015
                      - Did not play
                      2013-2014
                      - Lost to Union
                      2012-2013
                      - Did not play? Was this Garden City?
                      2011-2012 (Garden City, New Jersey)
                      - Lost to Harvard
                      - Beat Colgate in consolidation

Looks to me like Cornell is 1-3 at Lake Placid since the ECAC Tournament returned to Lake Placid. Where did I miscalculate?

Good luck to Cornell going forward. They deserved to win despite our grumbling about the refs. They were the better team all year (4-1). What I believe will be a first is if 4 ECAC teams can make it to the NCAA's.
                      Last edited by Dutchman; 03-18-2019, 05:53 AM.
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Your numbers say 2-4, I guess 1-3 only counts the first games ? It was Atlantic City not garden City.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

So, the refs last night did a video review after the National Anthem to see if it took too long. And then did one when the band played while play was on. It was difficult to tell because the video has no audio, so it took 7 minutes. Then they did a 10 minute video review (went in TWICE) for a goal. Reviews of penalties, reviews of icings, reviews of a fan in the stands. What a joke of a hockey game (regardless of the result). And how many times did the refs huddle for a minute or so, every time a puck left the ice? It was 5 minutes of play, 5 minutes of video review all night long. I felt like I was watching a baseball game. Horrible display for the ECAC. Even the Cornell announcers were complaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                            Someone should check my numbers here:

Cornell at 1980 Rink Herb Brooks Arena, Lake Placid, New York ECAC Tournament
                            2017-2018
                            - Lost to Princeton
                            2016-2017
                            - Beat Union
                            - Lost to Harvard
                            2015-2016
                            - Did not play
                            2014-2015
                            - Did not play
                            2013-2014
                            - Lost to Union
                            2012-2013
                            - Did not play? Was this Garden City?
                            2011-2012 (Garden City, New Jersey)
                            - Lost to Harvard
                            - Beat Colgate in consolidation

Looks to me like Cornell is 1-3 at Lake Placid since the ECAC Tournament returned to Lake Placid. Where did I miscalculate?

Good luck to Cornell going forward. They deserved to win despite our grumbling about the refs. They were the better team all year (4-1). What I believe will be a first is if 4 ECAC teams can make it to the NCAA's.
                            I assume he’s going back to the 1st iteration at LP in the 90’s

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop85 View Post
                              I assume he’s going back to the 1st iteration at LP in the 90’s
                              Of course. 1996 has exactly as much relevance as 2013 when predicting 2019, so why not? Of all the Cornell teams that have played at Lake Placid, '96 and '97 were surely the slowest and most dependent on a defense-first strategy - and those teams went 4-0.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

About the Estes embellishment penalty, Bennett said, "Let's just say -- and I'm not referring to the people that officiate -- but I just thought tonight our team was battling a force that ... I feel bad for our guys. OK? And I'll leave it at that."
                                --Daily Gazette 3/18

Comment

Working...
                                X