RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

Football gets the win in 3OT. Now I'm regretting not going to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Football gets the win in 3OT. Now I'm regretting not going to this one.
      They do not ask by how many. Winning in 3OT by a field goal followed by intercepting in the end zone to end the game still reads the same. RPI is now undefeated at 3-0 and should lose no ground in the Division III top 25 and might even pick up a spot or two. Sure wish we could say the hockey team was 3-0 this season!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        They do not ask by how many. Winning in 3OT by a field goal followed by intercepting in the end zone to end the game still reads the same. RPI is now undefeated at 3-0 and should lose no ground in the Division III top 25 and might even pick up a spot or two. Sure wish we could say the hockey team was 3-0 this season!
        I thought the quote, and I believe it was former captain John Kennedy, was, "They don't ask how, just how many." The only thing is, with subjective polling, they are going to see that "how" in the 3OT, and I wouldn't be surprised if we lose ground. Either way, it puts us in a good position with one more game to go before the first bye and league play. I'm not sure if the league still has an autobid with 6 teams...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          It's the Russians.
          Don't call them Shirley.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Don't call them Shirley.
            Ah, motherland!

Meanwhile, Harvard's like, "'bout that time, eh chaps? ...right-o." write in Arthur Galpin

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Ah, motherland!

Meanwhile, Harvard's like, "'bout that time, eh chaps? ...right-o." write in Arthur Galpin
              That was the old Harvard. The new one screams when they get offended.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

In honor of Brady Wiffen, today is 16 September 2018. There are 21 days (3 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  I thought the quote, and I believe it was former captain John Kennedy, was, "They don't ask how, just how many." The only thing is, with subjective polling, they are going to see that "how" in the 3OT, and I wouldn't be surprised if we lose ground. Either way, it puts us in a good position with one more game to go before the first bye and league play. I'm not sure if the league still has an autobid with 6 teams...
                  Not to be a bringer of bad news, but did you happen to see what Union did to a very decent #25 ranked Springfield team? The Dutchman's shoes are not going to come easy this year. I agree with you that we could actually slip a position or two in the rankings as only 3 ranked teams in the top 25 lost and the ones who won, did so by very lopsided scores as it usually goes early in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    That was the old Harvard. The new one screams when they get offended.
                    Meanwhile, Union's down there going, "WT*, man?"

Clarkson, Dartmouth, and St. Lawrence, oh never mind...

Comment

Not to be a bringer of bad news, but did you happen to see what Union did to a very decent #25 ranked Springfield team? The Dutchman's shoes are not going to come easy this year. I agree with you that we could actually slip a position or two in the rankings as only 3 ranked teams in the top 25 lost and the ones who won, did so by very lopsided scores as it usually goes early in the season.
                      Do they ever come easy? You still have to play the game.

And the pollsters prefer to see lop-sided scores for the ranked.

Comment

In honor of Billy Jerry, today is 17 September 2018. There are 20 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, Jesper Ohrvall is no longer in the online RPI directory although Emil still is.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            He could also be joining the Space Force, so training is a lot closer.
                            Look, if anyone is joining that, it'll be me. Every memo I get, I keep waiting to see if all of us NASA CS folks will get rolled into it.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

The football rankings are out and RPI moves up a notch to #20. With the top heavy power just above, doubtful we go much higher at any time this year.

Comment

The football rankings are out and RPI moves up a notch to #20. With the top heavy power just above, doubtful we go much higher at any time this year.
                                Next week's a tune-up, but everything after that is so important. With only 6 teams in the league, there's no room for error.

Comment

Working...
                                X