Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I have been saying Too-ray.
    Was told today that its pronounced Tour

In honor of Todd Burgess and Lauren Severson, today is 20 September 2018. There are 17 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Noresmen View Post
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Noresmen View Post
    Nice. We can call his slapshot Ture's Hammer...

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonMike View Post
    Nice. We can call his slapshot Ture's Hammer...
    Or a "Ture de Force".

In honor of Jacob Hayhurst and Kirsten Iwanski, today is 21 September 2018. There are 16 days until RPI's next game.

We should have kept Liam McBain and converted him to a forward. Then we could have the POTUS36 line with him centering for Ture Linden and Jake Johnson.

Conductor emeritus

Hey everyone, I started the Pick the Standings thread. It might be too early, but whatever. Click right here.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place

In honor of Morgan Ondrick, today is 22 September 2018. There are 15 days until RPI's next game.

I Still bleed RPI Red

In a game that was not even remotely as close as the score- RPI 44 Buffalo State 14. RPI is now 4-0 but the real season starts with the Liberty League in 2 weeks.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

As I recall, last year RPI held a 12-point lead over Buffalo State at halftime, only to get outscored 24-0 in the second half and lose the game.

Looks like they remembered to keep their foot on the gas this time.

In honor of Delaney Weiss, today is 23 September 2018. There are 14 days (2 weeks) until RPI's next game.

BTW, the women have an exhibition game at 3 PM.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    As I recall, last year RPI held a 12-point lead over Buffalo State at halftime, only to get outscored 24-0 in the second half and lose the game.

Looks like they remembered to keep their foot on the gas this time.
    I believe we put up over 500 yards of total offense even while just running the ball virtually every play in the final quarter to let the time expire more quickly. Easily could have been a wider point spread. Buffalo simply could not run the ball against us and most of their offense were quick hit short passes which once the lead got up to 30 points, we simply sat back and allowed. Hard to know if we have a good team yet as the opponents have been less than mediocre. We will find out much more in 2 weeks as Ithaca, like us, is a top 25 team but has one loss. After that, Hobart is never easy and we have to get primed for the final game against Union who after destroying Springfield last week, ripped a new one for Curry and has shown they might just have one of the best offenses in Division III to go along with a very staunch defense.

In honor of Tommy Lee and Ana Orzechowski, today is 24 September 2018. There are 13 days until RPI's next game.

Made in the USA

Remember the days when, with this much time left, there was a lot of hype? My, how times have fallen...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Remember the days when, with this much time left, there was a lot of hype? My, how times have fallen...
    Had been thinking the almost identical thing. For 50+ years I counted down the days much like Ralph does for us all. For the past few years if not for these threads i do not think I could tell you when the first game was or who we were playing. As always i reserve judgement for the season and truly hope for a pleasant surprise. And yes, barring something unforeseen, even with my eye still patched, we will try to be at our usual seats in Princeton in November.
    Far worse though is what has happened to my attitude towards the administration of the school. That deteriorated quite some time ago but i kept thinking that this venerable institution would do something to stop it and reverse the trend. Our support for the students who play sports for the school has not wavered, but all our financial donations to the institution ceased some time ago. It sure has made it a little easier for us to think about a couple new Audi automobiles for the coming year!
    I give immense credit to those who post here who continue their support. I only hope the ship can be righted again and soon.

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Had been thinking the almost identical thing. For 50+ years I counted down the days much like Ralph does for us all. For the past few years if not for these threads i do not think I could tell you when the first game was or who we were playing. As always i reserve judgement for the season and truly hope for a pleasant surprise. And yes, barring something unforeseen, even with my eye still patched, we will try to be at our usual seats in Princeton in November.
    Far worse though is what has happened to my attitude towards the administration of the school. That deteriorated quite some time ago but i kept thinking that this venerable institution would do something to stop it and reverse the trend. Our support for the students who play sports for the school has not wavered, but all our financial donations to the institution ceased some time ago. It sure has made it a little easier for us to think about a couple new Audi automobiles for the coming year!
    I give immense credit to those who post here who continue their support. I only hope the ship can be righted again and soon.
    Unfortunately it seems to be quite the trend across most American universities. I still remember a documentary by Evan Maloney, "Brainwashing 101", and not to get TOO political, but when I see the same things happening at my alma mater, I recognize it's just a piece of a larger puzzle. If we're ever going to return RPI to the prominence we both seek, it's going to take a drastic miracle.

FlagDUDETTE and I finally figured out which road trip we're doing, along with the usual Colgate/Cornell. I'm just hoping we have a better showing this year, even though we saw a fair number of wins and a draw.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

I might as well ask again about suggestions for a thread title for this season's first thread. Frjoe suggested a 6 flags title which I liked, but we have used it before.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    I agree, if I wasn't typing the count down, I would hardly be paying attention to the time left.

Thread Information