Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 535

Thread: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

  1. #341
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern AZ
    Posts
    132

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    What kind of player is he? Also, what would you transfer to UAH in from RPI that the 'Tute wouldn't already offer?

    GFM
    Better BBQ and less snowdrifts come to mind....

  2. #342
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    195,490

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonMike View Post
    Better BBQ and less snowdrifts come to mind....
    He's from Sweden. He probably wore shorts in midwinter in Troy.

  3. #343
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    195,490

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Methinks this isn't 1985 highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkoXkEN7Vfo.
    It's 1984.
    I was thinking about this video which focused on the NCAA losses to NDak in 1984 but only showed RPI scoring. I now won't be able to complain about the video of RPI's upset of UNH in the 1974 ECAC playoffs which only showed a short stretch where UNH scored three goals, not mentioning that RPI won in OT. (I think that FlagDUDE08 commented on that video to that effect.)

    Edit: Yes, FlagDUDE08 did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUEHAUJsKDE.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-08-2018 at 02:28 AM.

  4. #344
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    195,490

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    In honor of Patrick Polino and Jenn Gregg, today is 8 September 2018. There are 29 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.

  5. #345
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    46,941

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Football takes the trophy 25-14. Not a good kicking game at all going 1/3 with a fake, and we started playing awful about the time I tuned in. It's still a win, and onto Utica.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  6. #346
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    1,070

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I was thinking about this video which focused on the NCAA losses to NDak in 1984 but only showed RPI scoring. I now won't be able to complain about the video of RPI's upset of UNH in the 1974 ECAC playoffs which only showed a short stretch where UNH scored three goals, not mentioning that RPI won in OT. (I think that FlagDUDE08 commented on that video to that effect.)

    Edit: Yes, FlagDUDE08 did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUEHAUJsKDE.
    That brought back good memories. Thanks for finding and posting.

  7. #347
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,648

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Football takes the trophy 25-14. Not a good kicking game at all going 1/3 with a fake, and we started playing awful about the time I tuned in. It's still a win, and onto Utica.
    I also tuned in late and we were up an odd number 19-0 after scoring 3 TDs so I had figured the kicking game was problematic today. We did not seem all that sharp and were outgained for the second game but we are a very nice 2-0 for the start of the season. The season starts to get more difficult next week and of course the Liberty League season is so short with the league having only 6 members that i imagine we cannot afford any league losses if we want to play in the post season. Most likely will hang onto our #24 ranking in the D3 hockey rankings at least for the time being.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  8. #348
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    195,490

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    In honor of Kyle Hallbauer and Aly Tremblay, today is 9 September 2018. There are 28 days (4 weeks) until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-09-2018 at 09:42 AM.

  9. #349
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    195,490

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    I also tuned in late and we were up an odd number 19-0 after scoring 3 TDs so I had figured the kicking game was problematic today. We did not seem all that sharp and were outgained for the second game but we are a very nice 2-0 for the start of the season. The season starts to get more difficult next week and of course the Liberty League season is so short with the league having only 6 members that i imagine we cannot afford any league losses if we want to play in the post season. Most likely will hang onto our #24 ranking in the D3 hockey rankings at least for the time being.
    I hear that Andrew Franks is out of work.

  10. #350
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,648

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I hear that Andrew Franks is out of work.
    He certainly gave us a leg up on opponents in most of our games. Hard to measure how much a kicking game adds since too many simply focus on scoring field goals. Kickoffs and punting can often make the difference in close games.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  11. #351
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    46,941

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    He certainly gave us a leg up on opponents in most of our games. Hard to measure how much a kicking game adds since too many simply focus on scoring field goals. Kickoffs and punting can often make the difference in close games.
    The advantage we had with Franks was especially important when you have a 4th down in opposition territory but not in the red zone, as you could easily try to settle for the 3 instead of risking the offense in a turnover, which is what generally has to be done in the D-III game since it's too close to punt. Also remember that this year, there is the added dynamic of the fair catch on the kickoff which gives an effective touchback (ball comes to the 25, and FWIW there's no fair-catch-kick in college).
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  12. #352
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Colonie, NY
    Posts
    2,830
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Most likely will hang onto our #24 ranking in the D3 hockey rankings at least for the time being.
    I didnít know the hockey team went to D3.
    Of course, a couple more years like last season and you never know...

  13. #353
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,648

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    I didnít know the hockey team went to D3.
    Of course, a couple more years like last season and you never know...
    Typing without thinking. Actually after looking at the results of those above us, we actually could deserve to be 23rd. I just hope this is not going to be another year in which the football team wins more games than the hockey team.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  14. #354
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    195,490

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    In honor of Shane Bear and Lilli Friis-Hansen, today is 10 September 2018. There are 27 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.

  15. #355
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    195,490

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    I just hope this is not going to be another year in which the football team wins more games than the hockey team.
    Are you saying that I should root against the RPI football team?

  16. #356
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    46,941

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Are you saying that I should root against the RPI football team?
    As much as I'm sure some of you are tickled pink that the football team can actually win a game...

    Nothing wrong with any RPI squad seeing success. We know which one we'd prefer, mind you.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  17. #357

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    36,246

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Unrelated, but Doc, watch out for the storm surge.

  18. #358
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,648

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Are you saying that I should root against the RPI football team?
    That might work. When you and I were in Troy, the football team was usually buried each weekend. Looking back over the past 20-25 years, we have actually become a legitimate Division III team and although we are not ever going to be confused with Mount Union, can not be taken lightly but the other teams in our league or on our schedule. Although I have not given up hope for much more than that for our hockey team, I would be very satisfied if we were able just to become a team that no one can ever take lightly and a team that can compete, if not nationally, at least in our own league. Sure would be nice to make the final four every so often even if it is only in the ECAC.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  19. #359
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,648

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Unrelated, but Doc, watch out for the storm surge.
    This one looks to be going south of us but you never really know. over the years I have lost two homes to hurricanes. 1992 Andrew devastated us in Kendall Lakes outside of Miami. And then Charley hit us in Port Charlotte in 2004. Here in NJ only Sandy has hit us hard and certainly was no hurricane. But because of the population density here, the effects were close to catastrophic. We were without power for 2 weeks and of course any sort of cable or internet for longer. But I am married to pioneer girl who is like a survivalist. Cooking in the fireplace and finding ways to accomplish everything even with out the luxury of electricity.
    i do not look for much in the way of damage but flooding always scares me here in land that is at sea level or even slightly below. The power of water may well be the second most powerful force on earth (i suspect that the first most powerful is that of compound interest!).
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  20. #360
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,648

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Typing without thinking. Actually after looking at the results of those above us, we actually could deserve to be 23rd. I just hope this is not going to be another year in which the football team wins more games than the hockey team.
    i was a bit off, we are now ranked #21 and fairly close to a couple teams just above us. As Flaggy has already posted, just nice to see the school getting some good notices regardless of the sport.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •