This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Well, I'm done. Early voting started today and I voted on my lunch break.

Was a pretty decent crowd. Last few times I've done it there's been 1-2 others at the auditor's office. Today it was a steady stream.
    My dad voted last week. Surprised more people don't do it as early as possible.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      My dad voted last week. Surprised more people don't do it as early as possible.
      Especially since it cuts back your political mailers and phone calls by a lot, since any campaign worth their salt gets updated voter registries with who has already voted and stops wasting their money on you.

Knew Obama was going to win in 2012 when we voted early and his mailings stopped 2 days later while Romney's continued to election day.

Comment

• Re: The 2018 midterm elections!

Ha. That’s interesting.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Not sure if this is good news for the country or not.

Taylor Swift Causes Surge in Voter Registration After Endorsing Democrats on Instagram

“We are up to 65,000 registrations in a single 24-hour period since T. Swift’s post,” Kamari Guthrie, director of communications for Vote.org, told Buzzfeed. How big of a spike is that? Precisely 190,178 voters registered on the site in all of September, or roughly 6,000 per day. A small percentage of that uptick in registrations can be attributed to the fact that many voter registration deadlines are this week. But organizers at Vote.org believe that the vast majority of the credit should go to Swift.

Swift is registered to vote in Tennessee, a state that specifically saw a tremendous spike in new voter registrations. 2,144 people registered to vote in Tennessee during the past 36 hours, almost as many as the entire number of voter registrations in Tennessee during all of September.

https://gizmodo.com/taylor-swift-cau...r-e-1829618381
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Not sure if this is good news for the country or not.

Taylor Swift Causes Surge in Voter Registration After Endorsing Democrats on Instagram

“We are up to 65,000 registrations in a single 24-hour period since T. Swift’s post,” Kamari Guthrie, director of communications for Vote.org, told Buzzfeed. How big of a spike is that? Precisely 190,178 voters registered on the site in all of September, or roughly 6,000 per day. A small percentage of that uptick in registrations can be attributed to the fact that many voter registration deadlines are this week. But organizers at Vote.org believe that the vast majority of the credit should go to Swift.

Swift is registered to vote in Tennessee, a state that specifically saw a tremendous spike in new voter registrations. 2,144 people registered to vote in Tennessee during the past 36 hours, almost as many as the entire number of voter registrations in Tennessee during all of September.

https://gizmodo.com/taylor-swift-cau...r-e-1829618381
            Good. Usually celebrity stuff like that backfires on the Dems. Although, Tennessee looked winnable before Kavanaugh and since Kavanaugh it's been all Blackburn. Maybe this can turn the tide.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

As for the House, as Cook points out, Democrats still have the momentum. Little has changed in the past six months. The Washington Post/Schar School poll of the most competitive 69 seats (overwhelmingly held by Republicans) showed Democrats up four points. The latest CNN generic-ballot poll has Democrats up 13 points, “the widest margin of support for Democrats in a midterm cycle since 2006, when at this point, the party held a whopping 21-point lead over Republicans among likely voters.” And at least in this poll, Kavanaugh did not narrow the enthusiasm gap. (“This year, Democrats’ enthusiasm about their congressional vote has increased and 62% now say they’re extremely or very enthusiastic to vote, up seven points since September among Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents. Among Republicans and Republican leaning independents, enthusiasm has remained relatively steady, going from 50% in September to 52% in the most recent poll.”)

If you look at individual races, Democrats have plenty to cheer about. If Republicans can hold on in a swing suburban district, you’d think incumbents such as GOP Rep. Barbara Comstock in Virginia’s 10th District would be doing just fine. She’s a workhorse and a pro at constituent services — and even voted against repeal of Obamacare. She is trailing by 12 points in the Post/Schar School’s latest poll. (“The survey finds voters say the president is the most important factor influencing likely voters’ choice for Congress, more so even than the strong economy which would boost the party in power in a typical election year.”) Comstock is losing among independents 60 percent to 36 percent. In 2016, she won reelection by about six points while Trump lost the district by 10 points. Now, she cannot disentangle herself from the president.

Many who follow politics 24/7 think each event has enormous consequences, especially if we are near an election. Separating Kavanaugh from overall trends will be tough, but so far it looks as thought Trump has poisoned the well for House Republicans, helped stabilize the deepest-red states but not done anything much for purple states (such as Florida and Nevada). Democrats would be happy to return to a pre-2016 map — with an energized base and new strength from women.
              Last edited by Handyman; 10-10-2018, 10:53 AM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Billy Bush and Comey/Clinton. Those two events defined the 2016 election.

We have the same playbook going on here. Kavanaugh and Diane Feinstein.

In each case we have a male with a sex allegation that no one believes did it or no one cares that he did it, and a woman that did not commit a crime that everyone wants to lock up in jail.

We'll see how it turns out this time. Me? I'm not holding my breath.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  And folks wonder why I can't vote for Kevin Cramer.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    And folks wonder why I can't vote for Kevin Cramer.
                    For every 1 of you there are thousands who can.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Comstock voting against one thing doesn't help when she voted the other 80 billion. Unfortunately for her she's in NoVa where the voters aren't complete morons and can recognize that. Maybe somewhere in the SW part of the state they might fall for it and continue to vote for the women who so clearly wants to be Paul Ryan.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        For every 1 of you there are thousands who can.
                        Heitkamp needs to go scorched Earth on him and turn him into this cycle's Todd Akin / Richard Murdoch. No more time to be polite. The guy's basically said he doesn't mind rapists in the Republican party as long as they vote the right way.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

OK, I laughed.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            OK, I laughed.

What makes anyone think they won’t vote for R again??
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Tons of political ads in MN this cycle.

There are lots of ads on the Radovich/Stauber and Freehan/Hagedorn elections. Strange the vast majority of ads are about the D candidates in both cases. There are a few negative ads on the R candidates...but I have seen absolutely no positive ads on the R candidates. Every single cent must be going towards negative campaigning.

Also, just saw the two Leutentant governors. The Dem was about how to take the state forwards. The R was about how everything in the state sucks. Somehow starving government spending is going to improve everything?

The net message is that negativity is the entire campaign strategy here. And it must work with the GOP base - its all about fear.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

So, Democrats are an angry mob now? I thought they were snowflakes? Can't be both.

Comment

Working...
                                X