Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    If the person has an issue with gluten it doesn't seem to change risk- You were never able to benefit from the gluten if your bowel was inflamed.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5866307/
    https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom...eliac-disease/
    1st article goes into some depth. I don't eat gluten free prepared food. I'm sure it costs more to eat the way do. Also has a social component. But I'd rather eat the way I do than be on a biologic.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    1st article goes into some depth. I don't eat gluten free prepared food. I'm sure it costs more to eat the way do. Also has a social component. But I'd rather eat the way I do than be on a biologic.
    All of this. I am figuring out that my psoriasis is definitely worse with certain foods. Went to a continuing ed thingy about psoriasis and asked the person about foods that affect- oh,.... nothing. NO, NO, NO! Red meat, oatmeal, some grain based cereals and processed meats. Not so much breads or spaghetti stuff. Nutella for sure. Hazelnuts, almonds.... It took me awhile to figure out some things and still not completely worked out.

And apples. poop. I love apple stuff. Used to be able to eat them cooked. Now not at all without a flare

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

In great news, pure vanilla is now back to a modest price.

Then again, I can make my own by submerging vanilla beans in vodka and letting it sit, or something like that.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I don't think it is or it isn't and I don't know why anyone would choose to eliminate it.
    Because it is a way for some people to feel more special than they actually are.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Banana Crunchy Peanut Butter Bread... based on the batter, I FINALLY got what I wanted. I was able to taste the bananas AND the peanut butter. Now to quickly give it away to other people.
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Banana Crunchy Peanut Butter Bread... based on the batter, I FINALLY got what I wanted. I was able to taste the bananas AND the peanut butter. Now to quickly give it away to other people.
    Recipe?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Recipe?
    Banana Crunchy Peanut Butter Bread:

3 ripe bananas, well mashed
    2 eggs, well beaten
    2 cups AP flour
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 cup crunchy peanut butter
    1 cup milk
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking soda

Oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan. Mix the bananas and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Put batter in pan and bake for 1 hour or until fork/toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan to a rack. Can be served warm or cooled.
    ― Franz Kafka

wubba lubba dub dub

Add in some dark chocolate chips and you might have orgasm bread.

Lucia Apologist

Uh yeah. Dark chocolate chips may require adding a cigarette after eating. And I don’t even smoke.

I'm going to have to make this to be sure, but honestly, I don't think the chocolate is required. Seems to me like that would just interfere with the other two flavors.

I'm wondering if using the oily "natural" PB from Trader Joe's would affect the recipe. I usually pour off about half the oil when I first open the jar, so...

Anyway, I have more "Ora" salmon as of tonight. If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go celebrate my bonus and raise after a long week of travel.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I'm going to have to make this to be sure, but honestly, I don't think the chocolate is required. Seems to me like that would just interfere with the other two flavors.

I'm wondering if using the oily "natural" PB from Trader Joe's would affect the recipe. I usually pour off about half the oil when I first open the jar, so...

Anyway, I have more "Ora" salmon as of tonight. If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go celebrate my bonus and raise after a long week of travel.
    I use the $2.39 for a jar Meijer brand. I am always concerned about oil separation.
    ― Franz Kafka

Fighting Sioux Hockey Fan

Fighting Sioux Forever

Lucia Apologist

Holy moly. That's a pretty broad warning by the CDC...
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

First spinach. Then bean sprouts. Now lettuce.

What's next?

Lucia Apologist

My favorite thing I saw on Facebook today was:

CDC says to throwaway lettuce and we all throw it out. They say get your vaccines and all of a sudden the Illuminati are involved.

Cranberry Pecan Pumpkin bread is in the oven, soon to be followed by Chocolate Chip Pecan cookies.

Based on the batters on both, I got what I wanted. Now to give them away before I get high on my own supply...
    ― Franz Kafka

not particularly bad

Question: How do you prefer your T-day stuffing/dressing?

I'm a girl who loves all the carbs! My cousin put fruit in his dressing this year. Stuffing should be savory, not sweet. It made me a very sad panda. I didn't like the cherry or cranberry or whatever it was in there. If someone wants to sweeten their stuffing, they can do it on their own plate by taking a spoonful of cranberry relish or fruit/jello salad.

Personally, I love a simple celery, onion, bread, seasonings stuffing. My sister-in-law also makes one with sausage which is really good.

Dressing is like beer. Just say no to fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Question: How do you prefer your T-day stuffing/dressing?

I'm a girl who loves all the carbs! My cousin put fruit in his dressing this year. Stuffing should be savory, not sweet. It made me a very sad panda. I didn't like the cherry or cranberry or whatever it was in there. If someone wants to sweeten their stuffing, they can do it on their own plate by taking a spoonful of cranberry relish or fruit/jello salad.

Personally, I love a simple celery, onion, bread, seasonings stuffing. My sister-in-law also makes one with sausage which is really good.
    Guilty. I like celery, onion, apple, dried cherries. I am the only one who eats it. I make regular for the rest of the heathens. Meat of any sort in stuffing is just plain wrong.

Math atheist

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Guilty. I like celery, onion, apple, dried cherries. I am the only one who eats it. I make regular for the rest of the heathens. Meat of any sort in stuffing is just plain wrong.
    My mom would put the giblets in her stuffing. My grandpa and great uncle fought over who got them, so she just put it in the mix.

Thread Information