USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

banana chocolate chip bread >>>>>>>.... >>>>>>> banana nut.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Had my mom over for steaks. She wanted to try a tomahawk lol.

She brought over good bread, good butter, and a bottle of wine. I bought the steaks. I’ve never cooked a steak that perfectly in my life. Quarter inch of good sear. Everything else was a consistent med-rare rectangle. Just perfect.

It was a no frills gluttonous meal. I would pick it as my last meal.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Lol. They recreated Iron Chef. As in Japan.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Lol. They recreated Iron Chef. As in Japan.
          We watched Battle Chicken last week. So much more fun than thr American version (though I hope they're going to bring back zany ingredients).

Comment

Fukui-San!
            Code:

Comment

Good reload. While steaks are a topic I have down pat, I did appreciate the updates, and I am very optimistic about the rest of the reloads.
              Code:

Comment

I know it’s really hard to do pork shoulder in a crock pot and not wind up with great results, but this is really good:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/sl...cid=inline_amp

I had doubled the recipe since I’ve never seen a 3-lb shoulder and didn’t care to seek one out. I’ll freeze most of it and be able to have a little bit of awesome throughout the fall. Oh and when I walked in the house tonight I just about fell over the smell was so good. I love coming home to crock pot dinners.

Might cut the salt a little though when I make it again. I didn’t think the salt was too much in the recipe but I’m finding it just a bit too much in the end.
                Code:

Comment

I was about to ask where to find "sharp" provolone outside of Philly, but it looks like Sargento makes it?

Comment

Yeah, I didn’t look for that either. I’ve never seen it. I though about going to the cheese shop at Hy-Vee but figured it wasn’t worth the extra cost. Maybe I should have. I have plenty to freeze so I’ll go for it next time.
                    Code:

Comment

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Actually, come to think of it, Di’Nics had an almost Parmesany bite to it that’s missing here. I’m wondering if that’s not the sharp provolone since regular provolone is so mild.
                      Code:

Comment

Thanksgiving: cooking for two again, unless I get invited somewhere. That in mind, probably a roast chicken with herbs de Provence and citrus, then stuffing, mashed potatoes, and a vegetable.

OR... my thought was just to say screw it, get a charcuterie platter, and eat that.
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          Thanksgiving: cooking for two again, unless I get invited somewhere. That in mind, probably a roast chicken with herbs de Provence and citrus, then stuffing, mashed potatoes, and a vegetable.

OR... my thought was just to say screw it, get a charcuterie platter, and eat that.
                          If I didn't have my family, I would definitely be eating cheese and/or pork or vension. Roast turkey is not a favorite of mine.

If you do the latter, by all means, go to a nice grocery store, and pick out your own platter.

For cheese, I recommend Bûcheron, Port Salut, and a good, stinky Munster (the real Alsace kind). Ever notice how the vast majority of the good cheeses are French?
                          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-25-2018, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Somehow my vacation at work got all bunched up into November and December, so I have an extra week plus for Christmas cookies this year (I only work one day from Nov 12-Dec 10). Right now, I have an unprecedented 25 kinds planned. The spreadsheet is still in progress, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              If I didn't have my family, I would definitely be eating cheese and/or pork or vension. Roast turkey is not a favorite of mine.

If you do the latter, by all means, go to a nice grocery store, and pick out your own platter.

For cheese, I recommend Bûcheron, Port Salut, and a good, stinky Munster (the real Alsace kind). Ever notice how the vast majority of the good cheeses are French?
                              There's also Apertivo at the Downtown Market in Grand Rapids. They pretty much do wine and cheese, and I'll get my stuff there.

Comment

There's also the matter of Thanksgiving dessert. I COULD make something, but I'll just get some ice cream and eat it sadly.

Comment

Working...
                                X