No announcement yet.

USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Tonight, I'm making linguine with butternut squash, and I cooked some garlic in butter first. Ate the garlic. That was tasty.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Why is it so hard to find white pastry flour?

Comment

When in doubt, Amazon will ship it out.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          When in doubt, Amazon will ship it out.
          Even on Amazon, it is hard to find reasonable prices and quantities.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
            You don't have a Whole Foods near you? Or you can always try to make friends with a local baker. Usually they can help you find sources. Obviously they're going to be going large scale, but they might know anyways.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
              Is this what you're looking for? KAF link.

14.95 with shipping isn't ideal, but it's an option...

Comment

• Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                Is this what you're looking for? KAF link.

14.95 with shipping isn't ideal, but it's an option...
                Yes, but it shouldn’t be unreasonable to expect a grocery store to have it for around $5. Especially if they have whole wheat pastry flour.

Comment

So I had a glucose tolerance test done last month for further review. Everything came back normal, so no drastic changes required at this time. I did, however, make a few changes:

-Stopped buying sliced bread, as I just eat a few slices at a time with butter.
                  -Quit buying packages of Clif/energy bars (3 types of sugar in the first 5 ingredients? Why don't I just eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups?)
                  -Cut way back on dairy, limiting to butter and cheese. I have to go out for ice cream; there is no way I can portion out ice cream and put it back in stressful times.
                  -Cut way back on the amount of sweet baking I do. I have to bake this Sunday for a church dinner, but that's about it for now.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I haven't baked a cake in years, but I made a perfectly delightful chocolate cake this evening. Tomorrow, I'll have to wander the village giving it away, cuz I sure as shyte don't need a whole cake.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                      Tomorrow, I'll have to wander the village giving it away...
                      You gonna dress in a tunic and setup a table?

Comment

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/date-night-pork-chop

Made this last night but used baby romaine since they were out of endive. Threw in some crispy bacon to the salad too. One of the best meals I’ve ever made. Very simple but tasty. Make sure you get bone-in and don’t overcook it. The salad was incredible too.

My GF and I almost changed our meal plan for when we’re having both of our parents over to meet. It was that good. We’re definitely doing the salad.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          You gonna dress in a tunic and setup a table?
                          If I had a quspeq, I'd wear that, but you know. There's really no other accurate word to describe where I live than village.

Comment

We also made these muffins so we could have breakfast this morning. They were awesome. No one would be able to tell they were gluten free.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/gl...nd-oat-muffins
                            Code:

Comment

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/ba...w-caramel-corn

Great taste. Definitely going to make again with a few modifications.

Skip the boiling cream and teabag steps.
                              Double the cashews
                              Undercook the bacon slightly
                              Use parchment (thank god we did this) instead of aluminum
                              I would salt it when it comes out of the oven instead of on the naked popcorn
                              Code:

Comment

I made double chocolate crunchy peanut butter mini muffins for dessert for a monthly small group dinner my church does. They went over quite well, and they freeze well too.

Glad they're in the freezer now... I ate like 10 of them between Sunday evening and Monday morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X