No announcement yet.

USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

"Ora" salmon from New Zealand. Holy freaking crap was this good. "Waygu of the Sea" indeed. At $30/lb, it better be.

Comment

So I was out tonight and had a pizza that was gluten and lactose free. Not only did I not hate it, it was pretty dam good.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        So I was out tonight and had a pizza that was gluten and lactose free. Not only did I not hate it, it was pretty dam good.
        We've come a long way with that stuff.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Totally agree. The crust was awesome. Didn’t hurt that it was Luce.

Went to Burning Brothers before hand. They were good but I can tel gluten free breweries have a ways to go. Would still go back though.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Stovetop popcorn: fairly simple technique, just need to watch it like a hawk, correct?
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Stovetop popcorn: fairly simple technique, just need to watch it like a hawk, correct?
              1/3 cup of peanut or canola oil. You can also use coconut oil if you want more of a movie theater taste. A little over a 1/2 cup of popcorn. Large, deep pot with a lid.

Once it starts popping, cock the lid to allow a bit of steam out, hold it with a towel or mitts to protect your hands, and keep agitating the pot around the burner until it's all popped. This will prevent the kernels on the bottom from burning.

Transfer to a bowl in batches, occasionally pausing to drizzle with clarified butter, liberally season with salt, and shake. Enjoy.

So much better than air-popped, and none of the chemicals of the bagged stuff (not to mention cheaper).
              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-28-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

i used to take a stick of butter, enough popcorn to cover bottom of pan, turn on burner, cover, wait, start shaking once it starts to pop. Keep pouring out popped corn until popping slows down. remove from heat

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  1/3 cup of peanut or canola oil. You can also use coconut oil if you want more of a movie theater taste. A little over a 1/2 cup of popcorn. Large, deep pot with a lid.

Once it starts popping, cock the lid to allow a bit of steam out, hold it with a towel or mitts to protect your hands, and keep agitating the pot around the burner until it's all popped. This will prevent the kernels on the bottom from burning.

Transfer to a bowl in batches, occasionally pausing to drizzle with clarified butter, liberally season with salt, and shake. Enjoy.

So much better than air-popped, and none of the chemicals of the bagged stuff (not to mention cheaper).
                  If you want to go all out for that movie theater flavor, you can get some Flavacol - link.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Lol. They had a battle cheese on Iron Chef. The Japanese chef was baffled. So much geese with so much fish.

I imagine it’s all fantastic though.
                    Code:

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      If you want to go all out for that movie theater flavor, you can get some Flavacol - link.
                      Forgot about that. Get yourself some GM Wondra Flour for your gravies and sauces, too. My late grandma would be proud.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Lol. They had a battle cheese on Iron Chef. The Japanese chef was baffled. So much geese with so much fish.

I imagine it’s all fantastic though.
                        On that note, do the Japanese really have/use cheese? I've never seen any in authentic Japanese food.

A lot of Asians are lactose intolerant, so I've always assumed that cheese is just kind of a "not really" in East Asia.

Comment

They don’t. You’re probably right on that. Though, I thought I read that more rural Asian areas did develop that lactase persistence. Whereas coastal areas could rely on fish and more expensive foods, the rural areas and potentially high altitude areas might have had to rely on domesticated animals for milk.

Also, I found this new run of Japanese episodes aren’t new. In fact they’re up to six years old now AND the new run has been off the air for somethinf like four years.
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            They don’t. You’re probably right on that. Though, I thought I read that more rural Asian areas did develop that lactase persistence. Whereas coastal areas could rely on fish and more expensive foods, the rural areas and potentially high altitude areas might have had to rely on domesticated animals for milk.

Also, I found this new run of Japanese episodes aren’t new. In fact they’re up to six years old now AND the new run has been off the air for somethinf like four years.
                            This is the dx I remember, and like. Just sayin', bro.

I'm not surprised about the "new" Iron Chef being a dated reboot. I read somewhere that the Japanese tend to kill off their TV shows when they're at peak viewership, rather than waiting for years and years until far fewer people are watching.

So they might've rebooted for a couple years, then killed it.
                            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-29-2018, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Spoon & Stable is everything it’s made out to be. The service was impeccable and the food was tremendous.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                On that note, do the Japanese really have/use cheese? I've never seen any in authentic Japanese food.

A lot of Asians are lactose intolerant, so I've always assumed that cheese is just kind of a "not really" in East Asia.
                                Lots of cheese has no lactose, or very little as its eaten in fermentation
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X