No announcement yet.

USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    190? Sous vide?
    Nope. Just a temp probe for my smoking setup. Careful control on the gas knob.

Instant reads are great.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Nope. Just a temp probe for my smoking setup. Careful control on the gas knob.

Instant reads are great.
      Also, in terms of a smoking set up, I'd love to have one. Along with at least two ovens. But I live in an apartment right now, and they won't let me have a grill or anything like that. One more reason to get rich, I suppose.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Busy couple of days in mel’s kitchen coming up.

Pumpkin bread with streusel topping and maple glaze has been baked.
        Pumpkin pie filling is chilling in my fridge, awaiting Wednesday, when I’ll bake it.
        Trying to decide whether I should make a bourbon maple whipped cream in addition to traditional whipped cream for the pie.
        Several dips will be put together to be put in crock pots on Saturday for football.
        Smoked chicken yesterday for one of those dips (buffalo chicken).
        Wild rice soup (Byerly’s recipe) to be made, and turkey added after Thursday.
        Chocolate chip cookies will be made, as well, as an alternative to pie.

All’s good in my hood.
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
          Busy couple of days in mel’s kitchen coming up.

Pumpkin bread with streusel topping and maple glaze has been baked.
          Pumpkin pie filling is chilling in my fridge, awaiting Wednesday, when I’ll bake it.
          Trying to decide whether I should make a bourbon maple whipped cream in addition to traditional whipped cream for the pie.
          Several dips will be put together to be put in crock pots on Saturday for football.
          Smoked chicken yesterday for one of those dips (buffalo chicken).
          Wild rice soup (Byerly’s recipe) to be made, and turkey added after Thursday.
          Chocolate chip cookies will be made, as well, as an alternative to pie.

All’s good in my hood.
          Sounds real good.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Roasted turkey #1
            baked the squash
            chopped various ingredients for the stuffing and sauteed them in prep for putting them together
            roasted the sweet potatoes for the casserole
            made brownies
            Tables have the cloths on serving dishes and various casserole dishes are out and labeled
            Everything is ins readiness. Usually I do everthing starting tomorrow but tomorrow I need to go do something else (pray for me, I may kill someone) so I will be insane on Wednesday

Comment

My family doesn't want me, so I invited my chosen family.

This time of year makes me incredibly sad. I wish the people I am related to would invite me over just once.
              Last edited by MissThundercat; 11-25-2019, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                My family doesn't want me, so I invited my chosen family.

This time of year makes me incredibly sad. I wish the people I am related to would invite me over just once.
                Birth families can suck, that's why we build our own. While it does suck you have it in your power to make the pain stop by surrounding yourself with good people. Sometimes the people you are accidentally related to are terrible. OK, but don't let them hurt you for one second after you learn to set your boundaries. After that, it's on you.

Hateful people harm us most by living in our heads. There's a whole huge world of kind, smart people out here who know who you are, Amber. Those other as-sholes can go suck it.
                Last edited by Kepler; 11-25-2019, 04:04 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

WHat he said. I get sad about our extended family not getting together too but then I realize I do not miss the walking on eggshells, the snide comments and the talking behind people's backs. Sometimes the dream of what could be is no where close to reality. I didnt choose it and it makes me sad it can't be perfect but when we got together it was drama central

Comment

Making lefse today. Yum!
                    Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

My wife will often go a full day to make a broth for "ramen" or any Asian inspired noodle dish. Her boat noodles especially. It's heavenly and a dish perhaps only topped by her masaman curry.

I smoked some ribs last Sunday Memphis mop style. I don't have an air thermometer yet and I suspect I was cooking at closer to 225F than my desired 210F as I had to pull them only about 3.4 hours in, although to be fair they were not extremely thick ribs either. But they fell off the bone, and the apple cider vinegar was nicely counterbalanced with mustard, thyme, cumin, paprika, garlic, onion powder, s&p, oregano, chili powder and a few spices I'm forgetting.

Comment

made both the stuffings, the sweet potato casserole and am working on Turkey broth right now (well, that usually goes for a couple of days so that probably doesn't count).

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Birth families can suck, that's why we build our own. While it does suck you have it in your power to make the pain stop by surrounding yourself with good people. Sometimes the people you are accidentally related to are terrible. OK, but don't let them hurt you for one second after you learn to set your boundaries. After that, it's on you.

Hateful people harm us most by living in our heads. There's a whole huge world of kind, smart people out here who know who you are, Amber. Those other as-sholes can go suck it.
                          Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          WHat he said. I get sad about our extended family not getting together too but then I realize I do not miss the walking on eggshells, the snide comments and the talking behind people's backs. Sometimes the dream of what could be is no where close to reality. I didnt choose it and it makes me sad it can't be perfect but when we got together it was drama central
                          After I posted that, I read something on FB that said "if they didn't invite you, don't ask to go." That's all I need to know about The People I Share A Bloodline With. tomorrow, I'm making a special dinner because I deserve it. The chicken, carrots, Brussels, and white and sweet potato mash may not be what I had in mind, but I deserve to eat well. I'm making pumpkin bread tonight to eat tomorrow for myself because I prefer it to pumpkin pie. There are pints of cookie dough and peanut butter fudge ice cream in my freezer because I might want ice cream tomorrow. There are bottles of Pinot Grigio in the apartment refrigerator (Naked Grape, not that special, but) because I might want some wine tomorrow. etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                            Making lefse today. Yum!
                            Made 13 rounds. Don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad thing.
                            Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Modest dinner. Human paraquat, I mean stepfather, also partook. And today... was not about serving him. I wanted chicken, so I made chicken. I wanted Brussels sprouts and glazed carrots, so I made Brussels sprouts and glazed carrots. I wanted wine, so I drank wine. Might get another glass later because I want the Pinot Grigio. I want the cookie dough ice cream and pumpkin bread. I am really good at pumpkin bread.

And as for those I am related to: I just realized we don't talk because God/the universe/Source Energy said those people aren't meant for me, and the people I have now clearly are. And Mama Wendy once told me those people are basically gone anyway. I've got her. I've got my best friends Shelby, Kelly, and Christina. I have freshly out trans and non-binary people to love and protect. I'm an aunt to the non-binary teenager. So on. I'll be fine.

Comment

I bought a mandoline slicer from Amazon and a dough hook for my Kitchen Aid.

Can't wait to start making my own chips, and I'm going to try the butternut squash lasagna with butternut squash slices as the "noodles."

Comment

Working...
                                X