UMB 7 - Becker 1
        Liberty (ACHA) 7 - Neumann 2
        Wisconsin - Superior 2 - St. Scholastica 1

Castleton 3 - North Halton 1
        Plymouth 1 - North Halton 1

Comment

• Re: 2018-19 Division III Games, Updates, News Thread

USCHO has the MIAC wrong.

Hamline will indeed be the dominant team. While they lose Bobrowski and Dodds, they return WAY more scoring power, they have the best recruiting class and I expect their goaltending to be better. If Hamline doesn't come out of the West this year, it'd be a major fail by Darwitz.
          Gustavus is going to be really young. They do have a couple good recruits, but they lost a ton. Defensively they'll be superior, but I don't think they'll be anywhere as good as they have been.
          St. Thomas might indeed be better this year but they will also be thinner.
          I expect Augsburg to jump up. They should field three competitive lines and the team is experienced.

I'd venture:

Hamline (by a mile)
          Augsburg
          St. Thomas
          Concordia
          Bethel
          Gustavus
          St. Olaf
          St. Kates
          St. Mary's
          St. Ben's

Comment

• Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post

Hamline will indeed be the dominant team. While they lose Bobrowski and Dodds, they return WAY more scoring power, they have the best recruiting class and I expect their goaltending to be better. If Hamline doesn't come out of the West this year, it'd be a major fail by Darwitz.
            Gustavus is going to be really young. They do have a couple good recruits, but they lost a ton. Defensively they'll be superior, but I don't think they'll be anywhere as good as they have been.
            I expect Augsburg to jump up. They should field three competitive lines and the team is experienced.

I'd venture:

Hamline (by a mile)
            Augsburg
            St. Thomas
            Concordia
            Bethel
            Gustavus
            St. Olaf
            St. Kates
            St. Mary's
            St. Ben's
            Wow Dad, that's quite the strong opinion you have there. Let me guess, your daughter goes to Hamline? No pressure at all on Coach Darwitz. And you're predicting this is a year "when the Saints come marching in" the bottom ranks of the league. I guess only time will tell if you're going to be right or wrong. Let the games begin!

Comment

Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post

I'd venture:

Hamline (by a mile)
              Augsburg
              St. Thomas
              Concordia
              Bethel
              Gustavus
              St. Olaf
              St. Kates
              St. Mary's
              St. Ben's
              I agree that Hamline is the preseason favorite, can see how Augsburg and St. Thomas being 2 and 3 could be plausible, but am having a hard time with GAC being behind Concordia and Bethel. Why do you think they will be able to leapfrog a perennial fave like GAC?

Comment

Nope. Not affiliated with Hamline at all. Was a huge fan of Coach Darwitz as a player, not so much as a coach. And not because she doesn't know what she's doing, she clearly does.

Comment

Concordia returns about 50 more goals than GAC, Bethel 15 more. By the end of the year GAC might be better than those teams, but they just don't have anything proven past that first line. I love GAC's top 4 defenders and goaltending, but they are SO young, that teams can just play shut down against L1 and make the kids beat them.

Concordia has a new coach, so I'm not 100% sure about them, but they return almost their whole team.

And maybe I'm just hoping that Coach Carroll gets some payback this season. Might be wishful thinking by me

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                    Some preseason scores from the past week:

Plattsburgh 5 - Canton 0
                    Morrisville 4 - Nazareth 1
                    Oswego 4 - London Devilettes 3
                    Nichols 8 - Rhode Island (Club) 0
                    Utica 2 - London Devilettes 6
                    UMB 7 - Becker 1
                    Liberty (ACHA) 7 - Neumann 2
                    Wisconsin - Superior 2 - St. Scholastica 1
                    Norwich 5 - Bishop 0
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Preseason ranking for the NEHC:

http://nehockeyconference.com/women/pres1819/201810/oct24wpoll.php

Seems to be clear break between the haveand have not teams.

Comment

Alvernia has been accepted into the UCHC for their debut season in 2019-20.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                          Preseason ranking for the NEHC:

http://nehockeyconference.com/women/...oct24wpoll.php

Seems to be clear break between the haveand have not teams.
                          Interesting that Suffolk has been ranked 5th of 9 despite not having played a regular season game. Says something about the players they've recruited (including the ones from other DIII programs).

Other than that, I haven't seen a preseason poll that surprised me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                            Interesting that Suffolk has been ranked 5th of 9 despite not having played a regular season game. Says something about the players they've recruited (including the ones from other DIII programs).

My daughter has played with, and against, many of the players going to Suffolk. I think they will be a competitive (more than a typical first-year program) team this year. The transfers from Canton certainly help that! Looking forward to see how Suffolk, and Nazareth, do this year. Nazareth with 24 skaters!

Comment

MIAC Preview

https://www.miacathletics.com/sports...20181021ooy86z

Although I think they're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

Truth is you can throw a blanket over Plymouth, Castleton and UMB. I prefer to think Castleton comes out on top of that! :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X