Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Do you do anything to the person with an unregistered weapon who fires at a picnic full of kids?
    WTH kind of question is that? Where does that one even originate?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Do you do anything to the person with an unregistered weapon who fires at a picnic full of kids?

I think we've all lost sight of something that has happened along the way (then again - maybe not). Life, instead of being treated as an asset, is being treated as fungible goods. If we value life, then using a weapon to settle arguments would be greatly diminished.
      We've all? Who's out there trying to end Social Security, Medicare, any aspect of a social safety net, and any kind of decent medical care for non-wealthy people?

Why don't we start making the changes there? Ok? Since you value life and all. All life being precious and whatever.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Yeah, usually, they're arrested and thrown in jail. You mean that doesn't happen?

Comment

This is rude and uncalled for. But it is the new normal

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018...h-cop-wedding/
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

This is also rude and uncalled for. But it is the new normal as well.

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/news/crime_police/article_4489ee48-95f3-11e8-b9f2-c3f1746e0adc.html

*edit* And watch the whole video. Watch the man, who they refused to produce a warrant for, who was put into a life threatening choke hold because he didn't get off his tractor *BECAUSE* they didn't have the paperwork to show him, die because they suffocated him. And refused to administer any medical help to him.
            Last edited by aparch; 08-07-2018, 10:17 AM.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Yeah, I know. So is shooting an unarmed black man. 20 times.

Good to know which one gets you all riled up. I thought you valued life?

Comment

Did anyone die?

Then what's the problem. Life appears to matter to you so much so as long as everyone lived and can die of sickness, or whatever old age is there shouldn't be a problem. Cause we never have any money in this country to improve the quality of anyone's life except the 1% anyway.

So, Oxygen and hopefully enough food to survive for everyone should be enough. Let's make sure those babies are born. Let's keep everyone alive as long as we can. The rest of it will sort itself out.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think we've all lost sight of something that has happened along the way (then again - maybe not). Life, instead of being treated as an asset, is being treated as fungible goods. If we value life, then using a weapon to settle arguments would be greatly diminished.
                  You've actually touched on the real reason of outrage from the left: "unregistered". The government wants complete control of firearms, a violation of the rights of the 2nd amendment. It is a right, not a privilege. Governments grant privileges, people take rights.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    You've actually touched on the real reason of outrage from the left: "unregistered". The government wants complete control of firearms, a violation of the rights of the 2nd amendment. It is a right, not a privilege. Governments grant privileges, people take rights.
                    Then where can I buy my tank and my grenades? Cause those are my rights.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Then where can I buy my tank and my grenades? Cause those are my rights.
                      You actually can own a tank. Seriously, it's legal. Ammunition might be difficult to procure, but the tank itself is legal.

Grenades are not.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        You actually can own a tank. Seriously, it's legal. Ammunition might be difficult to procure, but the tank itself is legal.

Grenades are not.
                        Well, I want a grenade launcher and it's my right to have one. It's says "right to bear arms". It doesn't say any restrictions. I'm thinking about a nuke too. I should be able to get me one of those.

Comment

Screw the grenade launcher, I want mortars. Maybe an anti-aircraft missile launcher.

Comment

No it wasnt. As someone who values life so highly you shouldnt think so either.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              This is also rude and uncalled for. But it is the new normal as well.

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/news/crime_police/article_4489ee48-95f3-11e8-b9f2-c3f1746e0adc.html

*edit* And watch the whole video. Watch the man, who they refused to produce a warrant for, who was put into a life threatening choke hold because he didn't get off his tractor *BECAUSE* they didn't have the paperwork to show him, die because they suffocated him. And refused to administer any medical help to him.
                              You know how long it takes to suffocate someone? It isn't the 30-45 seconds you see on TV and in the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                The government wants complete control of firearms, a violation of the rights of the 2nd amendment.
                                What about the words "well regulated militia" says totally unregulated?

It is you who advocates violating the 2nd amendment.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X