Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Forced some very snowflaky in-laws to watch Blazing Saddles. They were horrified, then through a lot of persuasion kept watching, then loved it.
    That's a good job outta you.

Comment

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Adam Sandler is terrible, and his movies will not be missed. Total throwaway garbage.

He might've been funny when you were 20. By the time you're 30, you should know better.
        Which is why I compared him to that group of movies.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Big Daddy was okay.
          Punch Drunk Love was passable.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            He has 2.....maybe 3....that's it though. In general, I agree with your assessment. I feel the same way about Chris Farley.
            His Down by the River bit was Farley at his best, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              His Down by the River bit was Farley at his best, IMO.
              That bit, and the Chippendales. Those were his only funny moments, IMO.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Wrong.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Wrong.
                  tDon has impacted the discussion in so many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I disagree. Dogma will stand, along with Chasing Amy. Both because of the main subject matter (religion and sexual orientation). The others....toss them with Airplane and Animal House and Top Secret. Some of it will be lost, but the humor is still there.
                    Did you just diss Airplane! ?

That's a top 5 all-time comedy.

Also up there: Blazing Saddles, Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail, Dodgeball, Caddyshack.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Did you just diss Airplane! ?

That's a top 5 all-time comedy.

Also up there: Blazing Saddles, Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail, Dodgeball, Caddyshack.
                      SOME of the humor will be lost in Airplane. It's HOF, but there are some cultural references and pop culture references that will be lost. The Hari Krishnas (sp?) many don't know about it nowadays. That sorta thing.

Comment

I dare someone to remake Blazing Saddles today. It's impossible.

I just wanna see the Twitterverse combust into a 5-alarm inferno approximately 5 seconds into the first trailer.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

I just wanna see the Twitterverse combust into a 5-alarm inferno approximately 5 seconds into the first trailer.
                          South Park came the closest, although that was more All In The Family.

Heck, Three's Company couldn't be made today.

Edit: And don't get me started on the Dukes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

I'm hoping Blazing Saddles 2.
                            Last edited by MinnesotaNorthStar; 08-06-2018, 12:08 AM.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              I hoping Blazing Saddles 2.
                              Let's just cut through the BS, NSFW:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGA0dIz9-Wk

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Well, it's not quite a Blazing Saddles remake, but it tried:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ridiculous_6
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X