Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Most likely because at best he'd be sixth on the depth chart here with Fabbro apparently back. He'd be fighting for that last spot with Switzer and the other two D. With him gone, and including Fabbro, we still have 8 D on the roster. If Ohio State offered him a more or less guaranteed every day spot on their team, not unreasonable to go take it.
    So in other words, the answer to my question is no.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
      Based on Farrance's presence with most of his teammates at Albie's intro, I'm confident he's returning. I think he could blossom next year given additional responsibilities (esp. on the PP). Still needs a lot of work in his own end, but the talent is clearly there.
      Who among the Ds would be the fourth for the power play, along with Fabbro, Krys and Farrance? Did Kotkansalo or Crotty get any PP time last season?
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        Who among the Ds would be the fourth for the power play, along with Fabbro, Krys and Farrance? Did Kotkansalo or Crotty get any PP time last season?
        I wouldn't be surprised to see a PP unit with 4 F & 1 D. Harper has played the point before.

Comment

Any whispers on who Albie is going to bring in as assistant coach or coaches?

Comment

Is Matt Quercia still coming this fall? Not much press about him anywhere, don't recall if he got pushed back a year. With Weiss going elsewhere, maybe that changes the path for someone like him?
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
              So in other words, the answer to my question is no.
              If you're looking for a direct quote from him, no. No one has asked. But it's not hard to read the tea leaves in this case. He's a projected low round pick at best so while it sucks to lose him, it's certainly not a significant decommit given our existing depth at the position.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Mike McMahon thinks Paul Pearl will be jumping from Harvard to BU. Pearl basically saved Ted Donato’s job.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Mike McMahon thinks Paul Pearl will be jumping from Harvard to BU. Pearl basically saved Ted Donato’s job.
                  Pearl would be an outstanding hire for BU. Second time in a row he would be taking over from Albie O'Connell. I wonder what the draw to BU is. Harvard isn't exactly a slouch program and Albie seems like he is planning on being here long term.

Comment

He also said Quesnelle probably staying on staff. Not sure you guys will be thrilled with that but I agree that Pearl would be a good addition. If Pearl is considering a lateral move title wise, I'd imagine he'd be getting a decent salary bump from BU.

Comment

Hmmm. Interesting.

While Harvard has more resources ($), BU is willing to use the resources it has.

Comment

Pearl is teddy's kid too??
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

He also said Quesnelle probably staying on staff. Not sure you guys will be thrilled with that but I agree that Pearl would be a good addition. If Pearl is considering a lateral move title wise, I'd imagine he'd be getting a decent salary bump from BU.
                          Other than one poster's baseless conjecture, haven't heard anyone unhappy with Quesnelle, who apparently is very well-liked by the team.

If Pearl is indeed hired, BU would have a new head coach without prior head coaching experience and two assistants who have been D1 head coaches.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Other than one poster's baseless conjecture, haven't heard anyone unhappy with Quesnelle, who apparently is very well-liked by the team.

If Pearl is indeed hired, BU would have a new head coach without prior head coaching experience and two assistants who have been D1 head coaches.
                            Pearl would be home run add to the staff IMO. Great recruiter too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                              Pearl would be home run add to the staff IMO. Great recruiter too.
                              Agreed. With Albie not having any HC experience and his proficiency as a recruiter, having assistants with HC experience and whose combined strengths cover player development, Xs/Os, and recruiting will make the staff as a whole very well-rounded.

Comment

who apparently is very well-liked by the team.
                                That sounds like...conjecture. But of course, I'm sure you have a source. Being well liked by your team does not make you a good coach. Disclaimer: not saying he isn't a good coach. Although I did find it to be an odd hire.

Comment

Working...
                                X