Clear All

Re: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Was it dead people they were purging?
    Blacks.

So, dead to the GOP anyway.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Blacks.

So, dead to the GOP anyway.
      People who hadn't voted in 6 years AND failed to respond to a notice in the mail.

If one met both of the above criteria, they have failed their civic duty, are no longer able to vote, or have moved and perhaps registered in another jurisdiction.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So because they hadnt voted they dont deserve the right to vote? I dont think you know what "Rights" are.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          So because they hadnt voted they dont deserve the right to vote? I dont think you know what "Rights" are.
          They could have moved or died. Declining to vote is a failure of civic duty. Isn't declining to vote for *6 years* a problem?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            They could have moved or died. Declining to vote is a failure of civic duty. Isn't declining to vote for *6 years* a problem?
            A problem for the parties that the choices suck, perhaps.

Declining to vote is a choice just as much as voting is, as can be seen in the last election. Now you don't have the choice, apparently.

Comment

So, declining to vote removes your right to vote? Good to know.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If only there was some way we could have prevented this....
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  If only there was some way we could have prevented this....
                  There wasn't. Because of God, Gays, and Guns we had to vote the Republicans into office. If only there was a Democratic Party that supported controlling women's bodies, discriminating against homosexuals, and an Uzi for everyone. Then we'd have something to vote for, but right now we're stuck.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    There wasn't. Because of God, Gays, and Guns we had to vote the Republicans into office. If only there was a Democratic Party that supported controlling women's bodies, discriminating against homosexuals, and an Uzi for everyone. Then we'd have something to vote for, but right now we're stuck.
                    But HER EMAILZZZZ DARNIT!!!

Look at it this way. If these people couldn't be bothered to vote in the 2016 election, even though restricting the right to vote is a central core of Republicanism, perhaps these people get what they deserve?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

A problem...yes. That doesnt mean you can arbitrarily tell them they now CANT vote. (which is what purging the rolls does)

Not voting is a choice...not being able to vote pretty much goes against everything we stand for in this country.

But please just keep "asking the question" maybe one day you will lose your right to vote and then you will actually care.

But hey let me "just ask a question" does it not seem odd that the only place this seems to be a problem is in districts where GOPers want less Dem voters? Must be a coincidence. The fact it often happens in minority neighborhoods is just another coincidence I am sure. Who needs Civil Rights anyways?
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        A problem...yes. That doesnt mean you can arbitrarily tell them they now CANT vote. (which is what purging the rolls does)

Not voting is a choice...not being able to vote pretty much goes against everything we stand for in this country.

But please just keep "asking the question" maybe one day you will lose your right to vote and then you will actually care.

But hey let me "just ask a question" does it not seem odd that the only place this seems to be a problem is in districts where GOPers want less Dem voters? Must be a coincidence. The fact it often happens in minority neighborhoods is just another coincidence I am sure. Who needs Civil Rights anyways?
                        Don't vote, never vote. Works for me. Maybe we need new law although the current Court pretty much enacted it today. Go Supreme's.

Comment

Not one that demands you be removed from a list of eligible voters.

Again, every "solution" to the all but non existent voter fraud problem hurts more eligible voters than prevention of any fraud.
                          Last edited by unofan; 06-11-2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

So I'll ask again, if people keep taking it the shorts for sitting out the 2016 election, I'm supposed to be upset.....why, again? I mean, its not like you couldn't have seen this coming from outer space or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              So I'll ask again, if people keep taking it the shorts for sitting out the 2016 election, I'm supposed to be upset.....why, again? I mean, its not like you couldn't have seen this coming from outer space or anything.
                              Hey, if you Democrats weren't for killing babies, giving Homo's rights, and taking away our guns we'd probably vote for you. But since, you are we'll vote for Turtle Boy and anyone like him.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Hey, if you Democrats weren't for killing babies, giving Homo's rights, and taking away our guns we'd probably vote for you. But since, you are we'll vote for Turtle Boy and anyone like him.
                                Works for me. If people feel that there was no difference between the parties over the last 3 elections I feel no responsibility to do anything for them. 50 years ago blacks were beaten and blasted with fire hoses while trying to win the right to register and vote freely. That's the ultimate "jumping through hoops" to exercise your constitutional right. The GOP has been open, transparent, and surprisingly honest about exactly what they're up to here. The funny thing is the people on the losing end have basically sat on the sidelines and watched it all unfold before their eyes, yet still don't feel the need to do anything about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X