This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Nope. Can't do it. Until I see that people have learned the lesson, this needs to keep being beaten into the heads of anybody who blew off the last election so that they won't continue to blow off elections. Who would have thunk that giving the Republican party complete control of the government was going to be a disaster, huh? I mean, you never could have seen that coming. Not in a million years.

After Little Ralphie Nader the Fraud, I didn't expect my fellow lefties to ever fall for that BS again. President Chump and his congressional pals are going to make us long for the GWB administration and the upstanding stewardship of House Speaker/Child Molester Dennis Hastert and segregationist Senate Leader Trent Lott.
    Can you at least move back to the farking POTUS thread and leave this one alone unless you actually are talking about the Court?

Comment

• Re: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Can you at least move back to the farking POTUS thread and leave this one alone unless you actually are talking about the Court?
      We are talking about the Court. The current 5-4 is the direct result of liberal whining and crying over their candidates for President.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        We are talking about the Court. The current 5-4 is the direct result of liberal whining and crying over their candidates for President.
        No, your last 6 posts back and forth have been the same generic whining about voters that you two've been posting for 18 months.

Comment

I am talking about the court unofan. Lefties p !ssed away a SCOTUS seat. Even just voting in Dems for the Senate, where a couple more Senate seats would have put a check on every horrible judicial pick would have done the trick. Goopers realized this and supported insane Nazis up and down the ballot. Dems thought they were "making a statement" by sitting out all races and staying home. ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES!!!!!! A more friendly justice than Gorsuch, even nominated by Chump but having to go through a Dem Senate, and many of these decisions may have gone the other way. Its not like people couldn't see this coming, right?
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

No, your last 6 posts back and forth have been the same generic whining about voters that you two've been posting for 18 months.
            WASHINGTON — The U.S. Supreme Court, in a 5-4 ruling, upheld President Donald Trump's restriction on travel to the United States from a handful of Muslim countries on Tuesday, giving the White House its first high court victory on the merits of a presidential initiative.

Chief Justice John Roberts, writing for the majority, made it clear that the court viewed the ability to regulate immigration as squarely within a president's powers and he rejected critics' claims of anti-Muslim bias.

"We express no view on the soundness of the policy," Roberts wrote.
            I think Roberts might be the most arrogant ***** that ever has been on the Court. "No view"? Your ruling is the view.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...el-ban-n873441
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Oh, and here's what an Obama appointment wrote. Along with ****tard's tweet. Same article.

SUPREME COURT UPHOLDS TRUMP TRAVEL BAN. Wow!
              — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 26, 2018
              Justice Sonia Sotomayor wrote in her dissent that based on the evidence in the case "a reasonable observer would conclude that the Proclamation was motivated by anti-Muslim animus."

She said her colleagues on the court arrived at the opposite result by "ignoring the facts, misconstruing our legal precedent, and turning a blind eye to the pain and suffering the Proclamation inflicts upon countless families and individuals, many of whom are United States citizens."
              Gorsuch flipped the tide. Turtle Boy wins.

Rip the ****ing statue down.

Comment

http://www.scotusblog.com/wp-content...2018.06.25.pdf

Stat pack before today. Page 5 is the most relevant. 17 5-4 decisions including the 2 today, 13 of which broke on traditional party lines. And all 13 had Kennedy siding with the conservatives. Will almost assuredly go to 14 tomorrow in the union case.

Some of that is a function of having been without a 9th justice for a year, so there was a back log of cases that were going to be split that way because if Kennedy sided with the liberals, it would've been 5-3 even down a justice. Nevertheless, it's telling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Nope. Can't do it. Until I see that people have learned the lesson, this needs to keep being beaten into the heads of anybody who blew off the last election so that they won't continue to blow off elections. Who would have thunk that giving the Republican party complete control of the government was going to be a disaster, huh? I mean, you never could have seen that coming. Not in a million years.

After Little Ralphie Nader the Fraud, I didn't expect my fellow lefties to ever fall for that BS again. President Chump and his congressional pals are going to make us long for the GWB administration and the upstanding stewardship of House Speaker/Child Molester Dennis Hastert and segregationist Senate Leader Trent Lott.
                  First, you know who couldn't see this coming? YOU. You are the one person here who literally didn't see this coming. You had Hillary as such a lock that you completely ruled any of this out.

Second, who specifically blew off the last election of the liberal posters on this board? I think you'll find that you are yelling at clouds (someone get the .gif) on this one. The only people here who blew off the election were righties that didn't like Trump, but were ok with the possibility he might win.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                    First, you know who couldn't see this coming? YOU. You are the one person here who literally didn't see this coming. You had Hillary as such a lock that you completely ruled any of this out.

Second, who specifically blew off the last election of the liberal posters on this board? I think you'll find that you are yelling at clouds (someone get the .gif) on this one. The only people here who blew off the election were righties that didn't like Trump, but were ok with the possibility he might win.
                    Must spread rep...

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

Answering your 2nd question first, I have my suspicions but will keep that under wraps for now as there's no way of proving who did what in the voting booth.

Regarding your first comment, no one, and I mean no one, on this message board has held the entire Republican party in as much contempt for as long as I have. I was calling it a cult years and years ago when many a lefty out here still thought there was a significant chunk of reasonable people left in it, maybe even a silent majority of that party. Its a crazed, diseased, treasonous organization and always has been for as long as I can remember as the last reasonable ones left were generally from the WWII generation (Chafee Sr, etc). Beyond the opinion that she would have made a competent if not terribly exciting President, foreseeing the exact scenario that's playing out today was the primary reason I'm advocating electing Dems across the board, especially to the most important office two years ago. While you for example may already realize this, you and I and Scoobs and Kep and everybody else needs to preach this every chance we get. Any idiot claiming there's no difference between the parties and they're all corrupt corporate sellouts blah blah blah needs to be beaten senseless. Anything with an (R) next to its name on a federal level needs to be defeated. The bottom line is my fellow lefties did not take this seriously enough from 2010 on, and people are reaping the consequences of that failure. Will the left learn its lesson collectively, or not? TBD sadly, despite the Nazi tactics currently being employed.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Quote of the day.

“These 5-4 decisions remind us of the key role Justice Neil Gorsuch plays on the Supreme Court and why 81 percent of evangelicals voted for President Trump,” said Penny Nance, president of the Concerned Women for America, which filed an amicus brief in support of the pregnancy centers.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          I think Roberts might be the most arrogant ***** that ever has been on the Court. "No view"? Your ruling is the view.
                          On the contrary, that is Roberts saying nigh on explicitly the Muslim ban is terrible policy. But the Court doesn't decide whether a law is stupid -- if it did, the GOP wouldn't have had a law upheld for 30 years.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Uh, this is interesting...

The Court overturned Korematsu.

ETA: It did so in an unusual way:
                            In the 2018 Supreme Court case Trump v. Hawaii, which reviewed President Donald Trump's authority to deny entry of foreign nationals from specific countries into the United States, Korematsu was raised in dissenting opinions. The majority opinion stated that Korematsu did not apply at all to the present case, but explicitly stated that "The dissent’s reference to Korematsu, however, affords this Court the opportunity to make express what is already obvious: Korematsu was gravely wrong the day it was decided, has been overruled in the court of history, and—to be clear—'has no place in law under the Constitution.' [citing Jackson's dissent]".[35] The decision effectively overturned Korematsu.[11]
                            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-26-2018, 03:27 PM.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I don't understand. If the present case had nothing to do with Korematsu, that statement would be dicta, would it not?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

"By blindly accepting the Government's misguided invitation to sanction a discriminatory policy motivated by animosity toward a disfavored group, all in the name of a superficial claim of national security, the Court redeploys the same dangerous logic underlying Korematsu and merely replaces one gravely wrong decision with another," she said. She was joined by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
                                Under normal circumstances a justice ends a dissent with "I respectfully dissent." Sotomayor said simply, "I dissent".
                                Sotomayer and Ginsburg's response to that mirror my own.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/26/polit...yor/index.html

Comment

Working...
                                X