Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 15: I Knew It, I'm Surrounded By...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I guess I stopped reading to soon to go puke. My bad. Jfc who hires these morons? And this twitter response wins the day.

Hopefully some people go bankrupt from lawsuits too

Comment

• Re: Nice Planet 15: I Knew It, I'm Surrounded By...

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I guess I stopped reading to soon to go puke. My bad. Jfc who hires these morons? And this twitter response wins the day.

Honest question...why would the maintenance guy question it? He had a key to the room.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        Honest question...why would the maintenance guy question it? He had a key to the room.
        Because the maintenance guy is told TO NEVER OPEN A CUSTOMER'S DOOR unless instructed to by his manager? Common ****ing sense.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Or he knew how to jimmy the chain lock loose.

Either way, maintenance guy being nice to some rando should have been stopped with a "sorry, I cant unless front desk tells me."

There are many red flags, and too many "welp, not in my job description to give a sh*t, I'll help him out," dismissals of said flags.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What the maintenance guy likely disengaged was the electronic deadbolt that prevents the key card from working on doors that have digital locks.

At any rate, heads need to roll across the board.

Comment

This is just frightening...not only should heads roll at the hotel but every manager overseeing that place on the corporate level and everyone who has any title that deals with security as well. Oh and the CEO and parent company should be sued into bankruptcy.

BTW if she was registered as a single guest then even the excuse about the underpaid minimum wage employee doesnt work. It takes two seconds to see she doesnt have a guest and if you ask me that negligence is a criminal act.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

She seems nice.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm wondering what a gun rights activist's take on the hotel situation would be. Access to a hotel room doesn't make a rape occur in the same way access to a gun doesn't make a murder occur.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    I'm wondering what a gun rights activist's take on the hotel situation would be. Access to a hotel room doesn't make a rape occur in the same way access to a gun doesn't make a murder occur.
                    "IF sHe hAd a gUn tHIs wOUldN'T HavE HaPPeNeD"

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      "IF sHe hAd a gUn tHIs wOUldN'T HavE HaPPeNeD"

If he wasn't an irresponsible idiot doosh it wouldn't have happened.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        If he wasn't an irresponsible idiot doosh it wouldn't have happened.
                        Seriously? What about the hotel staff literally failing every fcking security protocol there is?

Please tell me this was a poor attempt at sarcasm.

Comment

Seriously? What about the hotel staff literally failing every fcking security protocol there is?

Please tell me this was a poor attempt at sarcasm.
                          The staff should hang, I thought that was a universal thought. If that wasn't conveyed, then that's my bad. Beyond that, this guy...waste of life.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            The staff should hang, I thought that was a universal thought. If that wasn't conveyed, then that's my bad. Beyond that, this guy...waste of life.
                            OK yeah, I get it.

BTW, Embassy Suites' parent is Hilton. Good luck getting that lawsuit to stick, as I'm sure they've carefully portfolio'd the whole conglomerate. It's definitely a trend at that particular brand though, and that's why I've stopped staying at their properties. I think the central lobby bar and frequent connection to convention centers have a big role in their issues.

That said, I can guarantee that rapes have occurred at other major chains, so if you're going to bring down one, you'd better bring them all down.

Comment

OK yeah, I get it.

BTW, Embassy Suites' parent is Hilton. Good luck getting that lawsuit to stick, as I'm sure they've carefully portfolio'd the whole conglomerate. It's definitely a trend at that particular brand though, and that's why I've stopped staying at their properties. I think the central lobby bar and frequent connection to convention centers have a big role in their issues.

That said, I can guarantee that rapes have occurred at other major chains, so if you're going to bring down one, you'd better bring them all down.
                              It'll be a confidential settlement out of court. Standard practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                OK yeah, I get it.

Your second link was about an incident in a dorm, not a Hilton property. ???
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X