Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 15: I Knew It, I'm Surrounded By...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I think the MAGA hats already confirmed that part.
    It’s the new kkk hat.

A lot of white people are real relieved they can claim this was all unfair.
    As Trevor Noah said, he’s never removed his shirt and danced when he’s fearful.

Comment

• Re: Nice Planet 15: I Knew It, I'm Surrounded By...

I view the MAGA hats like the Confederate battle flag. I don't assume someone is racist for sporting one, but I won't be surprised if they turn out to be.

I've only seen one video of this incident so far (also edited, so I'll take it with a grain of salt), and this one makes it look like no one did anything wrong. The kid just stood there with a smug look on his face (like, you know, a teenager), and I wouldn't say the NA guy with the drum was in his face. The most disturbing part to me was the dude yelling something about Israelites and things that would make the WBC proud. A little surprised that part isn't getting more attention.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        I view the MAGA hats like the Confederate battle flag. I don't assume someone is racist for sporting one, but I won't be surprised if they turn out to be.

I've only seen one video of this incident so far (also edited, so I'll take it with a grain of salt), and this one makes it look like no one did anything wrong. The kid just stood there with a smug look on his face (like, you know, a teenager), and I wouldn't say the NA guy with the drum was in his face. The most disturbing part to me was the dude yelling something about Israelites and things that would make the WBC proud. A little surprised that part isn't getting more attention.
        Here is a pretty thorough summary of the whole thing. The guy you refer to is from something called "Black Israelites", which apparently are a bunch of WBC like wackos.

Comment

The incident is just part of a bigger picture of the racist/bigoted culture that exists at the school.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            The guy you refer to is from something called "Black Israelites", which apparently are a bunch of WBC like wackos.
            When she's not furloughed, Dr. Mrs. walks past those guys on her way to work. That's their corner. It happened to also be where the Handmaid's Tale March that the Covington kids were bused to was.

They're standard High Weirdness; anybody who lives in a big city will recognize their type. Here's a story about them from 5 years ago.

They really do not like white people.

Although they may look like a gothic super-hero tribute to Earth, Wind and Fire, their ultimate vision is the impending bloody demise of whites and other enemies at the hands of a vengeful returning Christ.
            It's too bad the Covington kids didn't stop to get to know them. They have a lot in common. In addition, they

hate homosexuals, “fraudulent” Jews, Asians, abortionists, promiscuous black women, Martin Luther King (“a no-good, low-life traitor”), Jesse Jackson, Barack Obama, the Virgin Mary and Santa Claus.
            Other than Mary it checks out.
            Last edited by Kepler; 01-22-2019, 12:10 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              When she's not furloughed, Dr. Mrs. walks past those guys on her way to work. That's their corner. It happened to also be where the Handmaid's Tale March that the Covington kids were bused to was.

They're standard High Weirdness; anybody who lives in a big city will recognize their type.
              To me they just seem like the crazy religious people who go to events or places where there's a lot of foot traffic holding signs shouting random ****, sometimes bigoted things. There was some crazy guy like that at the U of MN and if you aren't completely sheltered you would've encountered someone/a group like this somewhere along the line.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                To me they just seem like the crazy religious people who go to events or places where there's a lot of foot traffic holding signs shouting random ****, sometimes bigoted things. There was some crazy guy like that at the U of MN and if you aren't completely sheltered you would've encountered someone/a group like this somewhere along the line.
                Exactly. I've seen hundreds of groups like these over the years in national cities like NYC, LA, Rome, London and even regional cities like Portland, Boston, York, Florence. The standard set up is:

1. A semi-permanent set, with backdrops and messaging, maybe a short platform.

2. A charismatic front man with a megaphone.

3. A hype man to do call and response and just generally kick out the jams.

4. 5-15 backups. If you're lucky they're in uniform but usually they're dressed similarly. In really cold weather they tend to cluster a little closer together.

5. Opponents. Usually there's a crazy homeless person screaming back at them, a few ardent students trying to engage them in debate (they aren't there to debate, sister), and then some itinerant tourists or business people who stop pushing by for a moment to laugh and maybe make a comment.

6. Gawkers. In a small city there's usually people who are actually interested, at least in a car accident way. In NYC people don't even stop or look at them cuz there's a freakshow like this on half the corners in the city.

7. Pickpockets and "entrepreneurs." Wherever there's a semi-stagnant crowd there will always be pickpockets. If you're lucky there are whores and if you are really lucky there are policemen joking with the whores and keeping away the junkies.

8. That one dude. I have never seen a gathering like this that lacks that one dude. He's weirder than everything else going on and completely unconnected to it. If you don't see that one dude I guess you're him.
                Last edited by Kepler; 01-22-2019, 12:28 PM.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

"Purple Vest Guy" at MTU. There are nutters everywhere.

7. Pickpockets and "entrepreneurs." Wherever there's a semi-stagnant crowd there will always be pickpockets. If you're lucky there are whores and if you are really lucky there are policemen joking with the whores and keeping away the junkies.
                  They call that place "San Francisco".

Comment

I love what I saw on Twitter- if these boys are mature enough to put on their maga hats and try to dictate what women can do with their bodies, then no one should be treating them like wounded little boys

Comment

8. That one dude. I have never seen a gathering like this that lacks that one dude. He's weirder than everything else going on and completely unconnected to it. If you don't see that one dude I guess you're him.
                      We have our local one round here: https://www.mercurynews.com/2010/09/...ll-police-say/

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Exactly. I've seen hundreds of groups like these over the years in national cities like NYC, LA, Rome, London and even regional cities like Portland, Boston, York, Florence.
                        Lots of this in Tel Aviv. To the surprise of no-one.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          Singletons are ubiquitous; they're a different breed of cat. You probably recall Cornell even has one. He yaps outside of Goldwin Smith and the book store about how we're all going to hell, homosexuals, & etc. The Christian students take turns destroying him in Biblical debate. He does his whole bit in total good humor with a broad smile and I'm sure he sleeps soundly imagining Jews and atheists being consumed in the Lake of Fire.

But I was referring to the semi-pro guys who are getting their act together before taking it on the road:

Cornell University

Comment

Brother Mike!

He died a few years ago. I talked to him a number of times. He’s way more interesting when he’s not yelling about religion. He was a classic car collector IIRC.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Thank god savannah will be getting the boys side out tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X