Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 15: I Knew It, I'm Surrounded By...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 15: I Knew It, I'm Surrounded By...

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I meant more you reflexively respond but fair enough.

I am done talking about Brent...maybe start an "All Things I Hate About Brent" thread and we can discuss it there otherwise lets stay on topic.

So how about those stupid shop owners
    I reflexively post about it because I find his positions insane most of the time. I think I find them that way because he seems to approach every issue in a vacuum. That's usually not how things work.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Right but given the context that the article lays out I'm not sure that's the case here.
      Fair enough. Poe's Law and all that.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by handyman View Post
        i am done talking about brent...maybe start an "all things i hate about brent" thread and we can discuss it there otherwise lets stay on topic.
        "hb-ybi"?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Yeah its like the Jews that collect Nazi stuff...hearing about that always creeped me out but they do it.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          Heck, Daryl Davis (black man) collects KKK robes.

It's not my thing, but I support the store in their right to sell such items. No, I wouldn't buy any of it, and no, I probably wouldn't shop there.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

jfc

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                jfc
                The one thing all women can learn from this is to use the chain, and other locks they have on the door and not just rely on the key mechanism. If the hotel doesn't offer that than don't stay there.

This report makes me ****ing ill though. Just sickening.

Comment

Nice effing security they have. How you could get a key to someone else's room is unimaginable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Nice effing security they have. How you could get a key to someone else's room is unimaginable.
                    "Uh, hey, my wife and I are up in room [whatever] and we accidentally left our key cards in the room when we came down to the bar. She's upstairs and mad that we cant get in, can we get new ones please?"

High school kid getting paid $8.75/hr working night audit, mentally beaten down by dealing with irate guests for months, and a hotel manager who doesn't want any time wasted on inane bullsh** like simple guest requests: "Sure, [grabs two blank cards] what room number again?"
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      "Uh, hey, my wife and I are up in room [whatever] and we accidentally left our key cards in the room when we came down to the bar. She's upstairs and mad that we cant get in, can we get new ones please?"

High school kid getting paid $8.75/hr working night audit, mentally beaten down by dealing with irate guests for months, and a hotel manager who doesn't want any time wasted on inane bullsh** like simple guest requests: "Sure, [grabs two blank cards] what room number again?"
                      I get that. But given the potential for lawsuits if I owned a hotel you could bet your sweet a** I'd have procedures and training in place to prevent that from happening as much as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        The one thing all women can learn from this is to use the chain, and other locks they have on the door and not just rely on the key mechanism. If the hotel doesn't offer that than don't stay there.

And I’m reading this alone in a hotel room.
                        Luckily I’m in hemsinki which is nothing like Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          I actually have a buddy who got a key to his friend's room only because the guy (Gary) was drunkenly passed out and he had some of his stuff in there that he needed to get out so he could leave (guessing his coat or something). Pretty benign situation. I forget exactly how it went from there but I believe the other person in the room also got a key and then the person at the front desk called the cops realizing that two different people got a key to that room and the cops basically came and saw Gary passed out butt naked. My buddy got a call the next day asking why the hell the cops came to his room lol.

I also remember one security guy wouldn't give me a key to my already paid for room because I left my debit card at the bar by accident (we were in some suburb of Madison like a 30 min uber ride away from the hotel and the bars had since closed) and they wanted to physically see the card with my ID to prevent fraud (which, of course, not many other businesses do because it's ridiculous).

It's kind of amazing how inconsistent security is at hotels when it comes to this kind of thing and I imagine that hotel will see a lawsuit after this.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

If I am reading it right, he actually convinced a maintenance person to disable the other locks claiming it was his "girlfriend" and they had a fight and he was trying to get back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                              If I am reading it right, he actually convinced a maintenance person to disable the other locks claiming it was his "girlfriend" and they had a fight and he was trying to get back in.
                              I guess I stopped reading to soon to go puke. My bad. Jfc who hires these morons? And this twitter response wins the day.

Comment

That's even worse yet.

JFC

Maintenance guy is getting fired. Front desk clerk is getting fired.

And now when we all stay at an Embassy Suite, we're going to have to listen to guests berate the kid behind the counter not earning enough to deal with this sh*t for having the gall to verify ID before making new room keys because the old keys demagnetized when the guest put them in their front pocket next to their cell phone.

(And by this I mean that people just need to be better humans overall and give the high schooler / college kid working some benefit of doubt.)
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X