Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Lazy articles like this. Oh yes, it's my generation's fault that no one is eating your awful cooking.

That being said, everyone in my age group here... HIGH FIVE! We finally took down mayonnaise!
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

No thanks. Mayo is a fine condiment.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        No thanks. Mayo is a fine condiment.
        Mayo is great. As long as it is good stuff and not the ****ty stuff that is all over supermarkets.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Agreed.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Mayo is the devil.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

People’s tastes have refined to like condiments that aren’t disgusting and bland! Oh well.

Comment

Good mayo isn’t bland. Acidic, eggy, and a little garlicky. Aioli, remoulade. All basically mayo with slightly different ingredients.
                Code:

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Lazy articles like this. Oh yes, it's my generation's fault that no one is eating your awful cooking.

That being said, everyone in my age group here... HIGH FIVE! We finally took down mayonnaise!
                  I also saw that article. Was in my Google News Feed.
                  Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Good mayo isn’t bland. Acidic, eggy, and a little garlicky. Aioli, remoulade. All basically mayo with slightly different ingredients.
                  Agreed. Either make your own or Hellmans' (which I grew up with).

Comment

Fine. Miracle Whip it is then.

*watches thread burn wearing a satisfied grin*
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

"You slathered mayo on everything from burgers, to BLTs, to pastrami on rye."

No. NO. In fact, fck the author of this article. I'm not a mayo hater, but mayo and pastrami do NOT belong together. They belong as far from each other as possible.

Comment

In all honesty, I don't know if there's been as large of a shift in culinary tastes between generations as there has been between yours and your parents' generations. While it's never been ubiquitously loved, and I'm of the mind that I didn't like it on sandwiches but would gladly eat potato salads, chicken salads, that all contained it, mayo has never been a real problem for companies to sell up until now.

The various mayo makers tried to counteract the backlash against their product by making variations, adding chipotle, pesto, basil, and a list of other options. They could all be found on the shelves at Super Target for a while only to disappear with the clearance stickers slapped onto them. Now a chipotle aioli has been made by Kraft, and it's stuck around without any sign of its sales slowing down in my area. It tastes almost exactly the same as the light chipotle mayo Kraft also made, only this has more fat and calories, is a little runnier (slimier, I'd say) and it doesn't say "mayo" on the package.

It's come to the point where people are simply turned off by the name of the product and not the content of the actual product.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          It's come to the point where people are simply turned off by the name of the product and not the content of the actual product.
                          Yes, because people are ****ing idiots, specifically, young people.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            get off my lawn

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Old people are just as dumb. They elected Trump.

Comment

Do we really need two threads (this and the medical thread) to discuss mayo?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X