Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I'm guessing the local Barney Fife is of no assistance?
    Well, they hadn't actually shown up until this AM. The guy has a lot of $$$ and his family has a history of doing what they want and then just tying it up in court for years. He is a lawyer and his dad was one too.

Comment

In Maine it would be DEP not EPA. It's a state issue not a federal one. Not sure how close he is to high water mark but at minimum he has to back 75 ft, could be 100ft, at most 250ft. He can cut trees within those areas if below a certain diameter. He cant cut a straight path to waters edge, has to meander. Erosion control would have to be followed to a T.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        In Maine it would be DEP not EPA. It's a state issue not a federal one. Not sure how close he is to high water mark but at minimum he has to back 75 ft, could be 100ft, at most 250ft. He can cut trees within those areas if below a certain diameter. He cant cut a straight path to waters edge, has to meander. Erosion control would have to be followed to a T.

On our lake it is at least 150 ft. He cut straight to water and trees way over the diameter limit. Basically he did all the things he shouldn't of including demolishing an old cabin and burying it within about 50 ft of the shore. No one is quite sure what the potty situation is. We can't seem to find one at the site but it could be a chemical one inside the remaining structure- used to be a cottage that was towed here 40 yrs ago from some camp. Goodness knows whether it is still structurally sound. Hasn't been occupied or used in at least 30 yrs.
        Last edited by leswp1; 07-14-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Minnesota is generally super strict about setbacks.

Unless you have money. Then variances from lake associations grow on trees.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Minnesota is generally super strict about setbacks.

Unless you have money. Then variances from lake associations grow on trees.
            Fill in town instead of associations and there you go. The people across the lake 'own the town' and stripped to shore, the ones in the cove across the lake dumped sand in the cove and have also cleared illegally. Currently has a mound of sand that is as high as his second story with an excavator on top still doing what ever.
            There is technically no buildable land where the guy built his house (due to setback) and I think he is creating this massive mound to increase the 'setback for what ever he is building next. Totally obvious what they did and crickets. That's why there is little hope the dipshiz next door will have anything stopped.

Joke is on the twit tho- it is already shallow over there. He just made things shallower. Warm water, lots of new water plants. I expect there's no way he is going to be able to prevent his place from becoming a lily pad paradise. donut
            Last edited by leswp1; 07-14-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Fill in town instead of associations and there you go. The people across the lake 'own the town' and stripped to shore, the ones in the cove across the lake dumped sand in the cove and have also cleared illegally. Currently has a mound of sand that is as high as his second story with an excavator on top still doing what ever.
              There is technically no buildable land where the guy built his house (due to setback) and I think he is creating this massive mound to increase the 'setback for what ever he is building next. Totally obvious what they did and crickets. That's why there is little hope the dipshiz next door will have anything stopped.

Joke is on the twit tho- it is already shallow over there. He just made things shallower. Warm water, lots of new water plants. I expect there's no way he is going to be able to prevent his place from becoming a lily pad paradise. donut
              Call the DEP. If the town doesn't care they will.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Call the DEP. If the town doesn't care they will.

The guy was already here and told them a cease and desist order was being done. It won't stop him in the slightest. His dad did the same thing and just tied it up in court.

Comment

It’s all about money. We just have to make do.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The guy was already here and told them a cease and desist order was being done. It won't stop him in the slightest. His dad did the same thing and just tied it up in court.
                    It might take time. It sounds like he clearly broke land use regs. Certainly money changes everything so if the guy has tons of money he can drag it out.

Comment

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Also sounds like a perfect breeding ground for swimmers' itch.

Unfortunately, that also affects you.

Comment

Security questions that ask for your "favorite" something. I will never remember what I listed as my favorite color.

Also, unrelated, people at work that ask "hey, could you help me with something?" at 4:50 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                          Security questions that ask for your "favorite" something. I will never remember what I listed as my favorite color.

Also, unrelated, people at work that ask "hey, could you help me with something?" at 4:50 pm.
                          SOmeone who worked in IT once told me to have the same answer no matter what the question- what is your favorite movie?- Peas. What was the brand of your first car? Peas

Comment

SOmeone who worked in IT once told me to have the same answer no matter what the question- what is your favorite movie?- Peas. What was the brand of your first car? Peas
                            The only prob with that is once a hacker finds the answer....

I have my sites compartmentalized. Social sites have one password, banking has its unique, emails have another answer, obviously work has another answer.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Just use the Correct Horse Battery Staple method.

Effectively unbreakable. Only thing better is two-factor. And only thing better than that is physical key.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Just use the Correct Horse Battery Staple method.

Effectively unbreakable. Only thing better is two-factor. And only thing better than that is physical key.
                                What??

Mr les got an email (work email) from Fandango confirming purchase of tix to see a movie at a local place purchased with Visa Card that is not ours. He is not the slightest bit concerned. After reading various things here and elsewhere, I am. First he thinks I am crazy. Then decides, oh, maybe he should see if someone opened a card in his name. So much gear grinding!!!
                                -Visa has no way of telling you whether you have this card, no way to even tell you when your last Visa was issued. They put you on hold forever before disavowing all knowledge of anything helpful.
                                -None of the Credit checking co has a live person. Hold >20 min then an automated telephone tree to verbally give info. Chat is BS- automated, clearly not a human. Punts you to a website. Websites punt you to a collective website-
                                -They tell you to file an alert before checking but don't tell you if you file an alert it triggers a 90 day freeze of your ability to get info they tell you is available online
                                -Fandango deserves the 1 star rating they have on every website- Someone used fraudulent card/ your email? Surely a typing error. THey can't do anything. Maybe they'll look into it in the next few days and maybe get back to us by next week if they decide it is important.
                                -the Univ has no IT help available after normal business day (what the hell kind of U does this- kids do not function until after dark!)
                                -Told to file police report but police aren't sure why- we don't have the info we need to do that (because, you know we have to do all the other stuff that no one has an avenue to let us do).

Christmas on a cracker.
                                Last edited by leswp1; 07-26-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X