Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I can't at work. OSHA rules. Need to hear everything going on around me.
    I have the opposite, required to wear hearing protection. Also have to be hearing tested every year.

Apparently jet engines are loud...
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

If you’re in a hearing conservation program it’s generally required. Testing and training every year at my place of work.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        If you’re in a hearing conservation program it’s generally required. Testing and training every year at my place of work.
        Yeah we have a hearing conservation program. I'd imagine all air ramps do. Like I said, jet engines are loud.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          This. Protect your hearing, you won't like the consquences if not. I know first hand after years of mowing, cutting wood, heavy equipment, loud music and spending many miles of driving with window down. 65% of hearing in left ear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          Lived behind an Air-force base until I was 10 then went to base school for 2 more yrs. Had my hearing tested and was doing OK but Not anymore. lilnsl will tell you I am Deeeef!

Comment

Now is where I thank all the tSBFitW trumpets who never met a decibel meter they didn't hate.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              Now is where I thank all the tSBFitW trumpets who never met a decibel meter they didn't hate.
              You're welcome!

Comment

I need wine and to wean my self off of FB. This whole political thing really is showing the nasty underbelly of society. I was brought up to be a 'little ambassador' of my country from the age of 10 and to never, never, ever, ever, behave like an ugly American. Ever. on pain of death (and this was when spanking and beating the tar outta you was OK). I can't get past when people are proud of behaving like turds or that they can't be civil when expressing an opinion. Clearly I need to get past it but it grinds my gears. Being civil and expressing yourself in an articulate manner is not being a pansy. It is being intelligent. (that is not allowed tho) Grrrr

Comment

College Board grades on the curve??

http://nbc4dc.com/D8MARwQ
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    I need wine and to wean my self off of FB. This whole political thing really is showing the nasty underbelly of society. I was brought up to be a 'little ambassador' of my country from the age of 10 and to never, never, ever, ever, behave like an ugly American. Ever. on pain of death (and this was when spanking and beating the tar outta you was OK). I can't get past when people are proud of behaving like turds or that they can't be civil when expressing an opinion. Clearly I need to get past it but it grinds my gears. Being civil and expressing yourself in an articulate manner is not being a pansy. It is being intelligent. (that is not allowed tho) Grrrr
                    https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2018/07/08
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      College Board grades on the curve??

http://nbc4dc.com/D8MARwQ
                      Yeah, that's not a secret.

Comment

I understand I can’t dictate how people will act, or even whether they’ll take good intentioned advice I offer. I only control my own actions. My personal practice is to ask whether my language, my actions or my tone would cause me embarrassment if displayed before my elderly mother or a five year old relative.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          I understand I can’t dictate how people will act, or even whether they’ll take good intentioned advice I offer. I only control my own actions. My personal practice is to ask whether my language, my actions or my tone would cause me embarrassment if displayed before my elderly mother or a five year old relative.
                          I can separate the different situations. I cuss. A LOT. if a child is around? That is shut off completely, and will ask anyone around me to stop their cussing. Know the audience, and act accordingly to language. That being said, I was known to be a yeller in my teens. The stereotypical angry teen. I have learned that doesn't work. Discuss, even-toned voice, listen to the other person, then present your view. It may (and probably will) get tense at times, but keep it civil.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

THis dude is cussing out mum les, telling her to S T F U and then saying he isn't using foul language and he is being reasonable. You really can't cure stupid but stupid has come out of the woodwork and is proud of it lately.

Sigh. I haven't responded but I want to

Comment

Tent.rr sucks. My aunt has a cottage on a beautiful lake. The guy next to her place illegally cleared shore front, demolished and buried a cabin and then opened for business without obtaining a permit. The EPA has a cease and desist order on the site. I guess Tent.rr vets their sites real well

Comment

Tent.rr sucks. My aunt has a cottage on a beautiful lake. The guy next to her place illegally cleared shore front, demolished and buried a cabin and then opened for business without obtaining a permit. The EPA has a cease and desist order on the site. I guess Tent.rr vets their sites real well
                                I'm guessing the local Barney Fife is of no assistance?

Comment

Working...
                                X