Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 469

Thread: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

  1. #81
    Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A Headshrinker's Office
    Posts
    32,340

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Now is where I thank all the tSBFitW trumpets who never met a decibel meter they didn't hate.
    You're welcome!
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  2. #82
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,277

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    I need wine and to wean my self off of FB. This whole political thing really is showing the nasty underbelly of society. I was brought up to be a 'little ambassador' of my country from the age of 10 and to never, never, ever, ever, behave like an ugly American. Ever. on pain of death (and this was when spanking and beating the tar outta you was OK). I can't get past when people are proud of behaving like turds or that they can't be civil when expressing an opinion. Clearly I need to get past it but it grinds my gears. Being civil and expressing yourself in an articulate manner is not being a pansy. It is being intelligent. (that is not allowed tho) Grrrr

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,409

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    College Board grades on the curve??

    https://nbc4dc.com/D8MARwQ

  4. #84
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    118,391

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    I need wine and to wean my self off of FB. This whole political thing really is showing the nasty underbelly of society. I was brought up to be a 'little ambassador' of my country from the age of 10 and to never, never, ever, ever, behave like an ugly American. Ever. on pain of death (and this was when spanking and beating the tar outta you was OK). I can't get past when people are proud of behaving like turds or that they can't be civil when expressing an opinion. Clearly I need to get past it but it grinds my gears. Being civil and expressing yourself in an articulate manner is not being a pansy. It is being intelligent. (that is not allowed tho) Grrrr
    https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2018/07/08
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  5. #85
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    19,484
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    College Board grades on the curve??

    https://nbc4dc.com/D8MARwQ
    Yeah, that's not a secret.

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    7,501
    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    I need wine and to wean my self off of FB. This whole political thing really is showing the nasty underbelly of society. I was brought up to be a 'little ambassador' of my country from the age of 10 and to never, never, ever, ever, behave like an ugly American. Ever. on pain of death (and this was when spanking and beating the tar outta you was OK). I can't get past when people are proud of behaving like turds or that they can't be civil when expressing an opinion. Clearly I need to get past it but it grinds my gears. Being civil and expressing yourself in an articulate manner is not being a pansy. It is being intelligent. (that is not allowed tho) Grrrr
    I understand I canít dictate how people will act, or even whether theyíll take good intentioned advice I offer. I only control my own actions. My personal practice is to ask whether my language, my actions or my tone would cause me embarrassment if displayed before my elderly mother or a five year old relative.

  7. #87
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    118,391

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I understand I canít dictate how people will act, or even whether theyíll take good intentioned advice I offer. I only control my own actions. My personal practice is to ask whether my language, my actions or my tone would cause me embarrassment if displayed before my elderly mother or a five year old relative.
    I can separate the different situations. I cuss. A LOT. if a child is around? That is shut off completely, and will ask anyone around me to stop their cussing. Know the audience, and act accordingly to language. That being said, I was known to be a yeller in my teens. The stereotypical angry teen. I have learned that doesn't work. Discuss, even-toned voice, listen to the other person, then present your view. It may (and probably will) get tense at times, but keep it civil.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  8. #88
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,277

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    THis dude is cussing out mum les, telling her to S T F U and then saying he isn't using foul language and he is being reasonable. You really can't cure stupid but stupid has come out of the woodwork and is proud of it lately.

    Sigh. I haven't responded but I want to

  9. #89
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,277

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    Tent.rr sucks. My aunt has a cottage on a beautiful lake. The guy next to her place illegally cleared shore front, demolished and buried a cabin and then opened for business without obtaining a permit. The EPA has a cease and desist order on the site. I guess Tent.rr vets their sites real well

  10. #90
    Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A Headshrinker's Office
    Posts
    32,340
    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Tent.rr sucks. My aunt has a cottage on a beautiful lake. The guy next to her place illegally cleared shore front, demolished and buried a cabin and then opened for business without obtaining a permit. The EPA has a cease and desist order on the site. I guess Tent.rr vets their sites real well
    I'm guessing the local Barney Fife is of no assistance?

  11. #91
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,277

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I'm guessing the local Barney Fife is of no assistance?
    Well, they hadn't actually shown up until this AM. The guy has a lot of $$$ and his family has a history of doing what they want and then just tying it up in court for years. He is a lawyer and his dad was one too.

  12. #92
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,405

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    In Maine it would be DEP not EPA. It's a state issue not a federal one. Not sure how close he is to high water mark but at minimum he has to back 75 ft, could be 100ft, at most 250ft. He can cut trees within those areas if below a certain diameter. He cant cut a straight path to waters edge, has to meander. Erosion control would have to be followed to a T.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  13. #93
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,277

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    In Maine it would be DEP not EPA. It's a state issue not a federal one. Not sure how close he is to high water mark but at minimum he has to back 75 ft, could be 100ft, at most 250ft. He can cut trees within those areas if below a certain diameter. He cant cut a straight path to waters edge, has to meander. Erosion control would have to be followed to a T.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    On our lake it is at least 150 ft. He cut straight to water and trees way over the diameter limit. Basically he did all the things he shouldn't of including demolishing an old cabin and burying it within about 50 ft of the shore. No one is quite sure what the potty situation is. We can't seem to find one at the site but it could be a chemical one inside the remaining structure- used to be a cottage that was towed here 40 yrs ago from some camp. Goodness knows whether it is still structurally sound. Hasn't been occupied or used in at least 30 yrs.
    Last edited by leswp1; 07-14-2018 at 08:12 PM.

  14. #94
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28,894

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    Minnesota is generally super strict about setbacks.






    Unless you have money. Then variances from lake associations grow on trees.

  15. #95
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,277

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Minnesota is generally super strict about setbacks.






    Unless you have money. Then variances from lake associations grow on trees.
    Fill in town instead of associations and there you go. The people across the lake 'own the town' and stripped to shore, the ones in the cove across the lake dumped sand in the cove and have also cleared illegally. Currently has a mound of sand that is as high as his second story with an excavator on top still doing what ever.
    There is technically no buildable land where the guy built his house (due to setback) and I think he is creating this massive mound to increase the 'setback for what ever he is building next. Totally obvious what they did and crickets. That's why there is little hope the dipshiz next door will have anything stopped.

    Joke is on the twit tho- it is already shallow over there. He just made things shallower. Warm water, lots of new water plants. I expect there's no way he is going to be able to prevent his place from becoming a lily pad paradise. donut
    Last edited by leswp1; 07-14-2018 at 08:23 PM.

  16. #96
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,405

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Fill in town instead of associations and there you go. The people across the lake 'own the town' and stripped to shore, the ones in the cove across the lake dumped sand in the cove and have also cleared illegally. Currently has a mound of sand that is as high as his second story with an excavator on top still doing what ever.
    There is technically no buildable land where the guy built his house (due to setback) and I think he is creating this massive mound to increase the 'setback for what ever he is building next. Totally obvious what they did and crickets. That's why there is little hope the dipshiz next door will have anything stopped.

    Joke is on the twit tho- it is already shallow over there. He just made things shallower. Warm water, lots of new water plants. I expect there's no way he is going to be able to prevent his place from becoming a lily pad paradise. donut
    Call the DEP. If the town doesn't care they will.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  17. #97
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,277

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Call the DEP. If the town doesn't care they will.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The guy was already here and told them a cease and desist order was being done. It won't stop him in the slightest. His dad did the same thing and just tied it up in court.

  18. #98
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28,894

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    Itís all about money. We just have to make do.

  19. #99
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,405

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    The guy was already here and told them a cease and desist order was being done. It won't stop him in the slightest. His dad did the same thing and just tied it up in court.
    It might take time. It sounds like he clearly broke land use regs. Certainly money changes everything so if the guy has tons of money he can drag it out.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  20. #100
    Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A Headshrinker's Office
    Posts
    32,340

    Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Joke is on the twit tho- it is already shallow over there. He just made things shallower. Warm water, lots of new water plants. I expect there's no way he is going to be able to prevent his place from becoming a lily pad paradise. donut
    Also sounds like a perfect breeding ground for swimmers' itch.

    Unfortunately, that also affects you.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •