X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Some of the hail out towards Medina (far western suburb/ex-burb for you non-Minnesotans) was described as being roughly "tennis ball" size.
    That'll leave a mark.

About twenty years ago we had a pretty good hail storm come through the city where I live. My home at the time had a spanish tile roof. To my unskilled eye it looked undamaged, but I reported it to the insurance company anyway. They sent out this adjuster who was maybe 14 years old. He climbed up there, looked around and announced that he saw no damage. He said, "these spanish tile roofs are pretty sturdy. Usually they'll handle up to basketball size hail."

My response: "Basketball size hail??? Isn't that what wiped out the dinosaurs?? W T F?
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      My response: "Basketball size hail??? Isn't that what wiped out the dinosaurs?? W T F?
      I LOLed.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Had some rain here. Maybe a touch of thunder. I was expecting much worse at first, then remembered I'm just inside the western side of the heat island (494/694 loop). It was gonna go either north or south, but not really through.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Had some rain here. Maybe a touch of thunder. I was expecting much worse at first, then remembered I'm just inside the western side of the heat island (494/694 loop). It was gonna go either north or south, but not really through.
          This isn't CCO brent

: D
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            This isn't CCO brent

: D
            I'm not old enough to listen to that station.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I'm not old enough to listen to that station.
              You write checks and have a flip phone.
              Code:

Comment

I stand by my statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  omg!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    omg!
                    Wait, this is news to you?
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Now this is good dx/Brent banter.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Now this is good dx/Brent banter.
                        But I don't deny it. I embrace it. YES, I WRITE CHECKS AND EVEN BETTY WHITE SHAKES HER HEAD AT ME! I HAVE A FLIP PHONE AND I LOVE IT!

Comment

Checks is one thing (they can still serve a purpose), but I'm not sure that having a flip phone is something to brag about.

Comment

Checks is one thing (they can still serve a purpose), but I'm not sure that having a flip phone is something to brag about.
                            Motorolas (particularly the Razr) and Nokias have a reputation for being made of indestructium.
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I'm not paying $600 or whatever it is for a goddam phone, since all I use my phone for is for TELEPHONE CALLS! And ok, a text ONCE in a while.

Comment

I'm not paying $600 or whatever it is for a goddam phone, since all I use my phone for is for TELEPHONE CALLS! And ok, a text ONCE in a while.
                                I don't particularly like admitting this, but texting (whether it's actual texting, or Tweeting) is virtually all I do with my phone now. Some 4G Internet browsing when I'm on the road, plus data for my Delta and Hilton apps when I'm at the airport and WiFi is being squirrely, but that's standard.

Also, the prices for a new smartphone lately are more like $800-1000, which is why I haven't upgraded in 3 years. It really is an outrage now.

Comment

Working...
                                X