This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Project mismanagement leading to me basically being the PM grinds my gears.

EDIT: Also, setting up a new home laptop for the first time in 8 years grinds my gears. I remember I used to look forward to having a new computer, and now it just seems like a chore to move files/music over and such.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 05-15-2019, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Project mismanagement leading to me basically being the PM grinds my gears.

EDIT: Also, setting up a new home laptop for the first time in 8 years grinds my gears. I remember I used to look forward to having a new computer, and now it just seems like a chore to move files/music over and such.
      I dread that more than anything. I just changed a phone and it was beyond irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        I dread that more than anything. I just changed a phone and it was beyond irritating.
        I'm doing a little bit each night, with the goal of being all setup by the weekend. Phones are the same way.

Comment

They have prigrans that automatically do that. Pull settings off Office and about 200-300 other applications.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            They have prigrans that automatically do that. Pull settings off Office and about 200-300 other applications.
            So, Office is a user story in and of itself. I'm still on the 2003 version because I am cheap and haven't really needed to upgrade. Plus now I am seeing that Microsoft has moved to a cloud subscription model for Office 365. Clever.

Music has been addressed. Just need to pull my other docs now, and get my Chrome folders/bookmarks setup, and then that will be OK.

Comment

I used Smart Switch when I upgraded my Samsung, and all Google related content just required me to login.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                So, Office is a user story in and of itself. I'm still on the 2003 version because I am cheap and haven't really needed to upgrade. Plus now I am seeing that Microsoft has moved to a cloud subscription model for Office 365. Clever.

Music has been addressed. Just need to pull my other docs now, and get my Chrome folders/bookmarks setup, and then that will be OK.
                You don't have to get Office 365 in order to have Office. I don't have 365, but I have current Office on my PC. You might want to check if your employer has a Home Use Purchase program the way mine does. $10 for full Enterprise Office, and it's always updated to the most recent version when they're released. And it's on my computer, not the Cloud.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Denver thinks it's Seattle again. 45 and rainy. Make it stop.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    Denver thinks it's Seattle again. 45 and rainy. Make it stop.
                    I feel for you. We haven't had a full day of sun in so long I don't remember

Comment

I'm in an online program through the University of Denver for my MSW... I need to do some coursework today, and the website is down.

Fun.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Closing on a new house and having the old one sold at the end of the month is on the Anti-List.

My mortgage guy not being a details-oriented person is on the List. I've said for about 3 weeks now we'd need a bridge loan for about half the down payment, and we could get a "gift" from family for the other half. I turned in the gift form a week ago that clearly showed it was in an amount roughly half of the down payment. The personal loan guy handling the bridge loan said he'd talk to the mortgage guy to see if we need the bridge loan based on closing dates. I told him we'll need it, but whatever. The mortgage guy in turn hears we got a gift and thinks we no longer need a bridge loan. So he was surprised when I called today for a status update and he heard we'd still need it. Oh and even though I've told him by phone and email that we'd like to get it done ASAP so we can move up our closing date if possible to give us more time to move, when I mentioned that again today he was surprised. Meanwhile the personal loan guy hasn't returned my phone calls even though, based on the timeline he gave me last week, we need to get it moving ASAP.

Guess I get to hound them both all week til I see the paperwork.

Comment

I haven't connected on the fastest pitch yet on Google baseball!!!

High score: 43 runs
                          Longest HR: 840 ft

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            I haven't connected on the fastest pitch yet on Google baseball!!!

High score: 43 runs
                            Longest HR: 840 ft
                            Same here!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Holy ****. I just hit a 973-footer

Edit: 976!

Edit2: And I just hit the red.
                              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 07-03-2019, 04:17 PM.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Holy ****. I just hit a 973-footer

Edit: 976!
                                947 on my second swing.

Couldn't hit the fast one though.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X