X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Ditto. People should stop trying to see the shadows on the wall and just turn on a light.
    But it's much more fun to overreact!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      But it's much more fun to overreact!
      Where are the overreactions?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        When I read Joe's initial response I honestly had no idea as to what he intended. My first thought was that the response was odd, not necessarily offensive.

But I do think a lot of us here tend to fall back on "the source" as you refer to it in interpreting posts on this site where we can't either see the poster or hear any inflection in their voice. When we do so I think we frequently make mistakes.
        I sometimes wonder how people come up with the interpretations they do. I don't follow a whole lot of threads so some of these 'leaps' are confusing

Comment

Grinds my gears at myself when I get sucked into thinking about politics. No win situation. Normal is not normal anymore. What was inconceivable is now accepted and celebrated. Frustration/rage at the lack of accountability is useless. No amount of logic will change anything. Why can't I just scroll on by without thinking of a million things I want to post? Grrr at myself.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            I sometimes wonder how people come up with the interpretations they do. I don't follow a whole lot of threads so some of these 'leaps' are confusing
            A lot of times, it's just the history of the poster's posts. It does help if you actually have met the poster in person, you can better guess at the tone they are bringing to whatever they post in whatever context. I have 3 bosses at work, they all just use the IM that is open at the main computer in the area that runs things, so it's the same IM name. However, I can tell who is actually IMing me, by the "tone," phrasing, abbreviations, etc.

Same here. I can usually tell when someone who has been around a while is joking, serious, sarcastic, etc.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That today is the last day of school does not grind my gears.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                That today is the last day of school does not grind my gears.
                I don't know if this is the way it is with you but I have a number of teacher friends and I've always found it kind of funny that their two happiest days seem to be the first day of school each year and the last day of school each year.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I don't know if this is the way it is with you but I have a number of teacher friends and I've always found it kind of funny that their two happiest days seem to be the first day of school each year and the last day of school each year.
                  LOL that is exactly how it is. I honestly feel a little guilty about this being such a good day. I'm not a mushy guy. I'm someone who has to remind myself to tell the kids I like them, because I think my actions show that I like them, but kids who don't have social skills yet need you to say that you like them (I teach 5th grade). I will legit miss the kids, but I'm tired, and I'm ready to take some time off.

For the record, I'm not one of the people who talks constantly about how hard teachers work (although most of us do) because, having worked in warehouses and restaurants and moving vans, I get that this sounds hollow to a lot of people. But, I'm tired.

Comment

Just like owning a boat
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Just like owning a boat
                      Break Out Another Thousand

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Break Out Another Thousand
                        The two happiest days in a boat owner's life: the day he buys it and the day he sells it.

*reads below*

*shuffles off sheepishly*
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

My favorite was always, "To experience the joy of owning a boat, just stand in a cold shower and tear up hundred-dollar bills."
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Never buy anything that you're better off renting first. Boats, airplanes, convertibles and luxury cars, etc.

Comment

Went out to a nice cafe today for lunch post River Bank 25K. Their food is great, but every time I order coffee, it comes out barely warm.

I should have had a mimosa or used the Bloody Mary bar instead.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                Went out to a nice cafe today for lunch post River Bank 25K. Their food is great, but every time I order coffee, it comes out barely warm.

I should have had a mimosa or used the Bloody Mary bar instead.
                                Ever tried a very spicy Virgin Mary? I pretty much live for those at airport and hotel bars.

Get your mind out of the gutter, mookie.

Comment

Working...
                                X