X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Ditto, on all of that.

I think avocado needs garlic, lime, and salt to be edible on its own. Some tomato, onion, and maybe a half-shot of tequila make it extra tasty. Wait, that's guacamole.

I imagine that might still taste good on toast though.
    I find that regular avocado, that is all mashed up like guac, but without the other ingredients, makes a nice spread on a sandwich. A healthier alternative to mayo, which is also amazing, BTW.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      I am a Millennial (not by much, admittedly) and I never got into guacamole.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Guac can suck a dcik.
      I am obsessed with guac, but my mom made it often as a kid (she did a Spanish minor in college, and took an immersion class in Mexico). Sriracha is overrated, but good. Beats the snot out of Tabasco, anyway, especially on eggs.

Comment

Tobasco is spiced vinegar. Unless you get the chipotle kind. Then it's ok. So many better hot sauces out there.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Chipotle Tabasco is fantastic
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Chipotle Tabasco is fantastic
            If you can find this hot sauce, it's phenomenal. A local restaurant has it, and it's my go-to. Dillo can verify its greatness (although it's WAY too hot for his tastes):

https://www.hotsauce.com/El-Yucateco...wE&click=74864
            Last edited by The Rube; 08-15-2018, 10:12 PM.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

As far as hot sauces from Mexico, I'm all about the Cholula, especially when it comes to a spicy Virgin Mary. Tabasco can suck a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                As far as hot sauces from Mexico, I'm all about the Cholula, especially when it comes to a spicy Virgin Mary. Tabasco can suck a dick.
                Cholula is go-to at home. Tapatio is decent. I have a soft spot for Frank's Chile Lime, also.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Cholula is go-to at home. Tapatio is decent. I have a soft spot for Frank's Chile Lime, also.
                  It's one thing to have it in the cupboard at home, because I think Kroger's carries it, but I rarely see Cholula in a restaurant east of the Mississippi.

So many LA natives swear by Tapatio. Other than nostalgia, I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    It's one thing to have it in the cupboard at home, because I think Kroger's carries it, but I rarely see Cholula in a restaurant east of the Mississippi.

So many LA natives swear by Tapatio. Other than nostalgia, I don't get it.
                    Cholula is fairly common around here (I am thankful).

Comment

http://mentalfloss.com/article/55196...-scalp-tingles

There is a reason you can't stand the sound of someone chewing in the next cubbie....

Comment

Hy-Vee absolutely sucks at bagging groceries. Who in their right minds puts tomatoes at the bottom of a grocery bag?

Is it that hard to put the heavy and boxy items on the bottom so the bag doesn’t tip either?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Or just the person that bagged it sucks. I go to Hy-Vee all the time and they do a fine job.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hy-Vee absolutely sucks at bagging groceries. Who in their right minds puts tomatoes at the bottom of a grocery bag?

Is it that hard to put the heavy and boxy items on the bottom so the bag doesn’t tip either?
                            My wife and I go there together, and we always try to bag our own groceries because of lackluster experiences in the past. Sure, the kids mean well, but their parents never seemed to have taught them how to do it right.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I bag myself.

1. Don't trust the baggers
                              2. Stacking stuff in a sensible manner (building pallets) is what I do for a living, and I'm good at it. It's second nature by now.

Comment

Apple is an effing cult. Can't believe people will pay $1100 for their top-end phone.

Comment

Working...
                                X