Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

The middle stage of hair growth. Started in July last year and it's only to the base of my neck. For restraining it, my only option is a Bondi band (head band). As for how long I eventually want it... eventually long enough to put in a pony tail.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Apple is an effing cult. Can't believe people will pay $1100 for their top-end phone.
      Not an Apple guy, but regardless of brand, I gave up on the cell phone run around a few years ago. The combination of super expensive phones and the cell companies BS payment plans jacking up my cell bill ****ed me off enough that I'm sticking with my current phone until it is dead.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Not an Apple guy, but regardless of brand, I gave up on the cell phone run around a few years ago. The combination of super expensive phones and the cell companies BS payment plans jacking up my cell bill ****ed me off enough that I'm sticking with my current phone until it is dead.
        This.

Comment

I never got the whole Apple thing. Maybe because I was always too cheap. I could get stuff that worked for way less

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            I never got the whole Apple thing. Maybe because I was always too cheap. I could get stuff that worked for way less
            Like a flip phone!
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

She doesn’t want to be confused for a Luddite
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

bwahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  She doesn’t want to be confused for a Luddite
                  You need a new joke, gator. /Surly /sheeple.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Who’s joking?
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Who’s joking?
                      Considering the smart phone has been the only modern technology I've refused to accept, it's a joke to me. A phone is a phone. A flip phone serves its purpose in that sense. If I want a computer, hey, I have one. It's called a laptop.

Comment

You still write checks.
                        Code:

Comment

You still write checks.
                          When the only other option is to have automatic withdrawal from my account. Sorry, that's bullsh*. I will pay you. You will not automatically take my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            When the only other option is to have automatic withdrawal from my account. Sorry, that's bullsh*. I will pay you. You will not automatically take my money.
                            This kind of sounds like a caveman being afraid of fire. You know they don't just randomly take money out of your account whenever they want, right?

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                              This kind of sounds like a caveman being afraid of fire. You know they don't just randomly take money out of your account whenever they want, right?
                              Well, duh. But you have given them access to your bank account, and that does open the door for possible problems.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                This has been my thought too. But I caught a lucky break this week.

My iphone 6+ started acting up about three weeks ago. I've had it a little over three and a half years, and paid about $600 for it when I got it, so I had no interest in doing that again anytime soon.

The touch screen wasn't responding, or responding real slow. But then last weekend it just went crazy. It acted like I was typing a letter on it. Apps would open and close, links would be clicked on without me touching the screen. Contacts would be called.

I took it to the Apple store at the Mall of America Tuesday. One of their techs immediately was able to diagnose the problem. The battery had expanded, something that can apparently happen in these phones. Because it was something deemed "not my fault" they gave me two options. They would replace the battery for $30. Or they would give me a brand new iphone 6+ identical in all respects to my current phone. For $29.

Being the frugal individual that I am, I told them I'd save the $1 and go with the new phone instead of the replacement battery.

I'm booking that as a win.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Considering the smart phone has been the only modern technology I've refused to accept, it's a joke to me. A phone is a phone. A flip phone serves its purpose in that sense. If I want a computer, hey, I have one. It's called a laptop.
                                I hear what you're saying Brent, but society is probably going to force the move on you.

Our Vikings season tickets this year are all electronic, and the ease with which they are used and transferred is pretty sweet. Our college World Series tickets were the same way.

I was always hesitant to simply use my phone for my boarding pass, especially when going on winter vacations, just in case I lost my phone or it froze up, but I've completely reversed on that as well, and am much happier for it.

I've also become convinced about ApplePay. For instance, I did not know that when you load your credit cards into ApplePay, a completely different credit card number is assigned by the bank. Thus, if your phone were ever hacked, the hackers would get useless information regarding your credit cards and wouldn't be able to use the numbers to make online purchases or anything like that, because the ApplePay number for your card only works with fingerprint identification from your phone.

Society is only going in that direction, and I don't think that's all bad. And that is coming from someone who still tries to pay for pretty much everything with cash.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X