This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

I’d wager a guess that about 60%-65% of people who have drivers licenses shouldn’t be allowed to drive.

A metro mobility bus was at a railroad with a stoplight just after it. Snelling North and County C and I’m turning left onto C, for those in the cities. The bus throws on its flashers but the light is red and we’re backed up beyond the tracks.

The guy immediately in front of me just goes into an absolute panic. He swerves, in what appears to be an attempt to get back onto Snelling. Decides against it and then stops like 30 feet back from the bus and throws on his flashers. Turns them off and then slowly, like 2 mph, starts inching up towards the bus while the light is still red.

The light turns green, the bus pulls up to the tracks with its flashers still on. The guy in front of me doesn’t move up with the bus. He waits until the flashers go off and he then starts moving forward.

He gets through the light and I’m left with a hard ****ing red and I’m not wanting to run through a hard red on Snelling. So I miss two long effing cycles.

If you: A) don’t know how to handle a bus at a RR intersection or B) know how to not panic on the road, you should probably just never drive. Ever.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I would be for going through a full driver's test every 5 years or something. Not only to remind people of how to drive, but to also learn/obey any new laws that have been enacted.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        I would be for going through a full driver's test every 5 years or something. Not only to remind people of how to drive, but to also learn/obey any new laws that have been enacted.
        Agree. So many simple things that people forget from Drivers Ed. Lately, people stopping at lights past the lines grinds my gears. If I'm turning right, I can't see if anyone is coming when you're stopped past the line to my left (especially if you have a huge SUV or truck). It's not that hard. There's no snow. You can see the line. It's there for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
          You can see the line. It's there for a reason.
          Like stop signs and red lights, it's merely a suggestion...
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
            Like stop signs and red lights, it's merely a suggestion...
            And turn signals are now optional equipment.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Water pump in the computer's cpu cooler failed. No video gaming for me til it's replaced and that's a fun extra $100 to spend at Xmas time.

Guess it's a good thing we do a book exchange every Christmas Eve.

Comment

People who give me gifts without asking what I need or could really use. I appreciate the sentiment, but next time, ASK!
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The goddam sewer backed up last night. The night before my girlfriend and I were supposed to leave for our first vacation together as a celebration for getting through the holidays. Guess that plan is down the sh-tter.

Just... f-ck.

Merry f-cking Christmas.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Water pump in the computer's cpu cooler failed. No video gaming for me til it's replaced and that's a fun extra $100 to spend at Xmas time.

Guess it's a good thing we do a book exchange every Christmas Eve.
                    Cripes! How big is that sucker?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      They don't need to be big. Sometimes they just need to be fast.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Not big, just very fast and very hot.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Not big, just very fast and very hot.
                          Yeah, it (pump/heatsink + radiator + pipes) has to be small enough to fit in the computer case, which is a mid-size tower. The pump/heatsink portion is all of maybe 4" by 4" by 2" thick, if that.

Edit: it's a closed loop, all-in-one system, so I'm not just buying a new pump but new radiator and tubes, too. And shipping.
                          Last edited by unofan; 12-26-2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

People still do water cooling? I thought that and case modding died out a decade ago.

Shows you how long I've been out of gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              People still do water cooling? I thought that and case modding died out a decade ago.

Shows you how long I've been out of gaming.
                              I've seen setups with mineral oil and liquid nitrogen. Overclocking is still a thing, and that makes beaucoup heat.

Plus now there's cryptocurrency mining which really chows down on the processing power.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                                Plus now there's cryptocurrency mining which really chows down on the processing power.
                                Oh Christ, forgot about those nutters. Yeah, makes sense.

Remember when people would leave their computers on overnight to do volunteer distributed computing jobs for the SETI@home or Einstein@home projects?

Comment

Working...
                                X