X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I like to keep my office door open as much as possible, but gdammit there's a guy within earshot that loves to whistle and I just want to hammerpunch him every time. And I mean that literally. I can't think of anything more grating. Oh wait. He likes to drum his table with a ring on one of his hands. That might be the more irritating mannerism. Hold on now not so fast. He burps. A lot. If this guy is married his wife is a saint.
    At my former office location (same employer) there was a guy that did the exact same thing. All day. Everyday. It drove me insane, and was the main reason I began wear noise-cancelling headphones at my desk. Think he got laid off or early retired a few years back.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I never had to sit in one place very often. My pet peeve was the chokingly strong, musky perfumes people wore pored on even though we had signs everywhere saying please don't. After I had to examine them no amt of hand washing got it off my hands or out of my nostrils. YUCK< YUCK< BLECH!

Comment

The past few posts make me very happy I work in my own building, with only one other person there for 1/2 my shift (and he's about the most non-descript person you can think of).
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

New guy is a knuckle cracker. Gives me the heebie jeebies.

Comment

I've been at my job for 2+ years, and according to People Above Me, I'm doing great!

However, according to a particular coworker, I just walked in and I don't know jack.

Between this and 2 coworkers intentionally calling me the wrong name, I wanted to erupt today.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              I've been at my job for 2+ years, and according to People Above Me, I'm doing great!

However, according to a particular coworker, I just walked in and I don't know jack.

Between this and 2 coworkers intentionally calling me the wrong name, I wanted to erupt today.
              They'll get theirs. You just do what's been getting you the praise from above.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                They'll get theirs. You just do what's been getting you the praise from above.
                Pretty much this.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Adults who chew with their mouth open should be beaten with a hose.

I honestly don't think the guy behind me could possibly make any more noise with his mouth while he's chewing. Every potato chip, crunched wide open. Everything else, that awful mashing chewing sound.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

My tax valuation for my house for 2020 is now a full 100k higher than when I bought my house in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      My tax valuation for my house for 2020 is now a full 100k higher than when I bought my house in 2018.
                      What happen to the taxable valuation change ceiling that was put into place so many years prior? It must have been repealed, or you're living in a multi-million dollar home.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        What happen to the taxable valuation change ceiling that was put into place so many years prior? It must have been repealed, or you're living in a multi-million dollar home.
                        I paid 480 for this house last September. For 2018, taxable value was 382. For 2019, they went up to 410. Ok, previous owners did some updates.

But to go from 382 to 482 in the span of two years? Yikes

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          I paid 480 for this house last September. For 2018, taxable value was 382. For 2019, they went up to 410. Ok, previous owners did some updates.

I guess I don't have much sympathy when you paid 480 for it...since the valuation is now matching what was proven to be the actual market value of the house.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            I guess I don't have much sympathy when you paid 480 for it...since the valuation is now matching what was proven to be the actual market value of the house.
                            It’s technically higher already by a few k but yes I see your point. My last house didn’t jump like this (and it’s within a mile of this house) so I thought it would be a little more gradual like the last one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

You must have caught the reassessment cycle.

Bigger question, did the tax rate change?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                You must have caught the reassessment cycle.

Bigger question, did the tax rate change?
                                I think it’s a flat 4% increase for next year.
                                I won’t know what they are assessing me until November, but I guess this is their warning that my assessed value is going way up.

Comment

Working...
                                X