X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    I would say telemarketers grind my gears, but then I realized I can just have fun and mess with them.
    You finally found the secret!
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I had surgery on my right foot July 2, which means my right foot is heavily bandaged and I'm not allowed to get it wet. My dad bought a shower bench for me to use, and the first couple times I used it, it was okay. However, Thursday it gave out and I hit the bathroom floor, thankfully with no major injuries as a result. Today, I tried again, and it started to give again. This time, I managed to stand up with 1 good leg before I hit the floor again.

So what grinds my gears? Answer: this particular shower bench and the fact I haven't been able to get as clean as I'd like because of this shower bench.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        So what grinds my gears? Answer: this particular shower bench and the fact I haven't been able to get as clean as I'd like because of this shower bench.
        Not sure what shower seat you got, but when my wife had shoulder surgery a decade ago, it was recommended for her to get a stool/chair to sit in the shower with. We bought the cheapest folding stool we could get from Wal-Mart and just pitched it after a few weeks when we were done with it.
        Last edited by aparch; 07-13-2019, 04:45 PM.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Not sure what shower seat you got, but when my wife had shoulder surgery a decade ago, it was recommended for her to get a stool/chair to sit in the shower with. We bought the cheapest folding stool we could get from Wal-Mart and just pitched it after a few weeks when we were done with it.
          You know, that would work. I also have a steel folding chair that's going unused right now; we'll try that.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

One other thing that grinds my gears: back in the end of May, I went to a local tattoo parlor to submit a design. The artist wanted me to send him pictures of what I wanted, and he would work off those. Today, I sent an email asking how my design was coming along, and a couple hours later, I get a reply back saying he couldn't do it and to try a couple other parlors in the area.

I'm not mad that he couldn't do the work I wanted. I'm not mad that I was asked to try a few other parlors. What I am upset about is that it took 6, almost 7 weeks for him to tell me no, and that I had to poke him to find out that he couldn't do it. A prompt response would have meant I could have the design from another parlor by now.

Comment

I'm used to getting yelled at as a baseball official... It's part of the job.

But today a line was crossed. I had to eject a coach for allowing his team to be dumbarse 18 year olds (they had FOUR batting helmets. Coach took exception to the fact that we wouldn't allow players to be in the on-deck circle or coaching 1st base without a helmet). Confrontation led to the EJ. After the EJ, guy got in my face Earl Weaver style. I was called a "Half-Breed Cawk-Sucker". I have never wanted to deck someone on the field so much in my life. Guy meant the phrase to be as offensive as it was. Scrawny guy in his 60's, so I'm sure age played a part in this being "ok" in his head. But the fact that his team/fans were totally on-board with using this language is astounding.

I really have half a mind to go on the organizations Facebook, Instagram, and the like and just blow this **** up. You can't get much more offensive. Also there is the irony that the organizations younger teams (this was an 18u team) have some diversity. I'm sure those parents would love to hear what the organization thinks of them
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I'd talk to him first, see if he apologizes. If not, then report him/blow him up. My first reaction is to blow him up, though.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Dude you absolutely should make a formal complaint. I got a guy banned from coaching after he prevented me from leaving after a game by getting in front of my car and screaming at me.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    I'd talk to him first, see if he apologizes. If not, then report him/blow him up. My first reaction is to blow him up, though.
                    Absolutely not. That’s beyond apology. Get that man away from kids.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Absolutely not. That’s beyond apology. Get that man away from kids.
                      Hence my first reaction. I don't know the context of the history of this fellow. Is he a known hot-head? Was this possibly a one time deal? Only Raceboarder can answer that. My answer would possibly change depending on that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        Hence my first reaction. I don't know the context of the history of this fellow. Is he a known hot-head? Was this possibly a one time deal? Only Raceboarder can answer that. My answer would possibly change depending on that.
                        I haven't had any previous interaction with this guy. Initial impression was that this guy is a "full time A-hole" based on how he flipped out over something so asinine. Literally I can not figure out how a team goes about playing with only four batting helmets. This isn't like someone forgot an equipment bag at home. They literally only had four helmets. House league teams are better prepared to play a game.

It's not like batting helmets are a new thing to the game. Even in the early 90s we needed to have them on basically any time we were out of the dugout and not playing defense. This basic idea predates the kids that were on the field. But yep, I'm the A-hole ruining your day.

Kinda hoping that at some point one of their kids gets ear-holed, resulting in a cracked (unusable and not legal) helmet. Then have a forefeit as a result since they can't continue beyond 3 helmets in use at any given moment

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          I haven't had any previous interaction with this guy. Initial impression was that this guy is a "full time A-hole" based on how he flipped out over something so asinine. Literally I can not figure out how a team goes about playing with only four batting helmets. This isn't like someone forgot an equipment bag at home. They literally only had four helmets. House league teams are better prepared to play a game.

It's not like batting helmets are a new thing to the game. Even in the early 90s we needed to have them on basically any time we were out of the dugout and not playing defense. This basic idea predates the kids that were on the field. But yep, I'm the A-hole ruining your day.

Kinda hoping that at some point one of their kids gets ear-holed, resulting in a cracked (unusable and not legal) helmet. Then have a forefeit as a result since they can't continue beyond 3 helmets in use at any given moment
                          4 helmets? Even in Little League we had more than 4...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

We had a whole batbag full of them. Like seven or eight. At least.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              4 helmets? Even in Little League we had more than 4...
                              Yep.... But somehow the $2000+/kid travel team has 4. You see why I'm so confused by today's events

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Then I would report him in an official manner.

Comment

Working...
                                X