This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Dishwashers. A fantastic thread on the absurdities of this machine we all insist on having:

Comment

Dishwashers are awesome. They give you a place to put your dishes after you wash them, so that they can dry without being right out on the counter looking unsightly. I just noticed, though: here are some sort of buttons and switches on them. Are they supposed to do something other than just be a nice under-counter drying rack?

Comment

I’ve never had to clean my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. I’ve never understood that.

If you dishwasher sucks, just go to a hardware store and find some trisodium phosphate. Detergents used to be great before they pulled that.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I’ve never had to clean my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. I’ve never understood that.

If you dishwasher sucks, just go to a hardware store and find some trisodium phosphate. Detergents used to be great before they pulled that.
          I've always had to rinse them a little, to get the major stuff off, but never had to scrub/wash them before using the dishwasher.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            I've always had to rinse them a little, to get the major stuff off, but never had to scrub/wash them before using the dishwasher.
            This

Comment

If it’s baked on I just soak it in Dawn and hot water overnight, drop it in the dishwasher, and they come out clean 99% of the time. This even works on my smoker parts.

Once in a while I load something in like a moron and it doesn’t get cleaned because I blocked it from the water. But then I just soak and run it through again.

I use lemishine in the main wash dispenser and drop a Finish Quantum Powerball in the bottom of the basin. Never fill the jet dry container anymore because the o-ring wore out. I bought a replacement from the manufacturer but it doesn’t actually dispense anything with the new design.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I find washing dishes to be quite relaxing, so it's hard to imagine ever getting in the habit of using one. I really do like living in places that have them, though, because I like to air-dry, and with a dishwasher to use for drying them, you don't need to take up your counter space with a dishrack.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                  I find washing dishes to be quite relaxing, so it's hard to imagine ever getting in the habit of using one. I really do like living in places that have them, though, because I like to air-dry, and with a dishwasher to use for drying them, you don't need to take up your counter space with a dishrack.
                  I was a dishrat for a couple years, hence me not liking washing dishes when I don't have to.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

That's fair

Comment

This. When it was just mr les and I at home (before the lil les came back from college) I never used the dishwasher if he was out of town. He likes to load it so I tell him have at it. I just wash the dishes.

Comment

I will be fair, I handwash my glassware. There are some delicate/favorite glasses that I'm afraid will get broken in the dishwasher, and yes, I've had some that have broken. Lesson learned.

Comment

The winter storm that began last night and looks like it may run into tomorrow evening is grinding my gears. It shouldn't; I know that. I chose to live where I live, but the weather all week was warm, the river broke up already even though it's really early, and the ground was showing through the snow in places. Sideways snow in mid-April, though...

Comment

The winter storm that began last night and looks like it may run into tomorrow evening is grinding my gears. It shouldn't; I know that. I chose to live where I live, but the weather all week was warm, the river broke up already even though it's really early, and the ground was showing through the snow in places. Sideways snow in mid-April, though...

Welcome to Apr 11 in MN. Pure blizzard/heavy snowfall. Sat, it was warm out, snow disappeared. Heck one year in Duluth, we got about 6 inches of snow in early May, IIRC. One day deal, melted immediately, but still.....

Comment

The many years I lived in Colorado, this stuff happened, too. I'm pretty sure the worst blizzard I've ever seen was in May in Denver. I'm back in the bush after seven years away, and all winter I heard that it doesn't snow as much as it used to (anyone who believes climate change isn't real, just move closer to the poles), that breakup happens before school gets out rather than in late May or June, and that all the snow melts by the end of school. Then this nonsense. LOL

All that said, I'm really just whining.

Comment

There is an extremely loud lady in a nearby cube that gives a running commentary to everything she does during the day. She needs to be shot. Also, she talks with food in her mouth.
                                Last edited by jen; 04-29-2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X