X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Remember when people would leave their computers on overnight to do volunteer distributed computing jobs for the SETI@home or Einstein@home projects?
    Yeah, **** those people. We should make fun of them.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Yeah, **** those people. We should make fun of them.
      I should've been more clear. I didn't mind that.

The crypto nutters can get bent.

Comment

Ok. Yeah we’re 100% in agreement then.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You get one of these for Christmas?

Hope your sewer gets fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I should've been more clear. I didn't mind that.

The crypto nutters can get bent.
            This.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I like the science behind crypto and the innovation it's inspiring, but I wouldn't go all in on it. May be smart to throw a few bucks at it in case it goes AAPL on us (personal opinion: that ship has already sailed,) but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

All it takes is a big enough Very Important Entity to say "nope, party's over."
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                People who give me gifts without asking what I need or could really use. I appreciate the sentiment, but next time, ASK!
                How dare someone give you a present before asking what you want!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  The goddam sewer backed up last night. The night before my girlfriend and I were supposed to leave for our first vacation together as a celebration for getting through the holidays. Guess that plan is down the sh-tter.

Just... f-ck.

Merry f-cking Christmas.
                  sorry.

Credit card people grind my gears.
                  Credit Card X bill arrived in the mail with less than 10d before it was due. I decide to call and pay by phone as this is one of those deals where there is no interest for 18 months and with holiday mail, etc I don't trust it to arrive on time. Person taking my numbers takes 3 tries to get it processedbut tells me I am all set. I get a confirmation # that I paid.

Christmas Eve we get home, open the mail and they sent us a collections notice for payment not made. Originated the day the payment was due saying they couldn't process the payment.

Reader's digest version- the person put in payment as a savings acct, not checking. Meanwhile they wiped our credit limit, sent a nasty notice to the credit ratings people, charged us a 25$ fee (which the person in 'collections' taking the payment never mentioned would be charged).

1h, 07 min and 56 seconds later, 3 diff depts, ( mr les spoke to 2 as well, because it is in his name) our credit is reinstated, they're going to send a correction to the credit bureaus and I know it was against company policy for anyone to authorize phone payments and personally process them.

Meanwhile... when I checked the bank balances to make sure nothing squirelly happened to make money go away, I found we have $$$ in each account but a charge on our reserve credit. mr les called the bank and no one at the bank can tell us why. This is after we had a mysterious keying error that used a check # 2 times and shorted us 1200+$. Proving one should always balance a checkbook!!

To complete the trifecta irony~ the same credit card that sent us to collections- the one that sent the bill so late last month I had to call to make the payment- managed to sent this bill early. Arrived today in the mail as I am on the phone trying to straighten this all out saying I am delinquent and charging me for last month with no notice about collections. I would cancel the thing yesterday except we are interest free for the next 6 months.
                  Last edited by leswp1; 12-26-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    I've seen setups with mineral oil and liquid nitrogen. Overclocking is still a thing, and that makes beaucoup heat.

Plus now there's cryptocurrency mining which really chows down on the processing power.
                    Not to mention to the 3 screen setup all at 4K plus the microphone, sound mixer, and face cam for Twitch streaming.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      People still do water cooling? I thought that and case modding died out a decade ago.

Shows you how long I've been out of gaming.
                      Case modding is still pretty niche, but water cooling is becoming standard for even moderate gaming rigs. A basic all in one cooling system isn't much more expensive than the higher end traditional heatsinks but works better and quieter (until the water pump fails).

Comment

Since it seems to be a topic: my bro found the Karateka game on the Nintendo whatever, and was asking me about it, since he knew I played it constantly. Man, that brought me back to all the little tricks and tips. Hilarious trying to walk him through it, since he was never ever a video gamer like some of us (make no mistake, I'm a rookie compared to most of y'all).
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          Since it seems to be a topic: my bro found the Karateka game on the Nintendo whatever, and was asking me about it, since he knew I played it constantly. Man, that brought me back to all the little tricks and tips. Hilarious trying to walk him through it, since he was never ever a video gamer like some of us (make no mistake, I'm a rookie compared to most of y'all).
                          Hope you showed him the two best endings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VulQB5iYigQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo1PYkKU6ck
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                            I remember those! Freakin' classic! I did not show them, he's too new to it, not a seasoned vet, really.

Comment

My bank sent me my new debit card today with Amber M on it... but didn't send a PIN.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                My bank sent me my new debit card today with Amber M on it... but didn't send a PIN.
                                They come in separate mailings. Wait a day or so, or go to the bank and they'll set you up.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X