X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    My bank sent me my new debit card today with Amber M on it... but didn't send a PIN.
    For every card I've gotten the last few years, you set up the PIN yourself, they don't send it to you. The most recent ones, you just use it, and when it asks you the PIN for the first time, you type in what you want the PIN to be, and that sets the PIN for future use.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Discovered my refrigerator and freezer aren't working properly last night around 4AM. Had to throw out everything I just bought on Wednesday. And then my dumbass forgot to set my alarm and woke up late for work (still only 15 minutes late though)
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        Discovered my refrigerator and freezer aren't working properly last night around 4AM. Had to throw out everything I just bought on Wednesday. And then my dumbass forgot to set my alarm and woke up late for work (still only 15 minutes late though)
        homeowners insurance might cover up to 250$ of this...

Online stuff grinds my gears!
        I was trying to book a trip. Went in thru AARP (that alone is a bummer, I cannot be this old!), and a bunch of other sites. Find the best rate by 500$. Put in all the info, click send. Rejects. First it rejects my membership # 2 times then it populates the same # when I search. Then _(*&Y)(#&%*%#$)(*^@#{ I enter my discover #. They rejected charge and sent me a text and email to verify. Well they hung and didn't arrive until after the site rejected my payment and then kicked me off. Went in to use a diff credit card- the cost is up 500$. Had one of the other tabs up with a cheaper price. Used my VIsa. Goes thru.

Get an email from Discover that they are needing me to call (as I am already calling them). New system. Their algorithm has changed. They arbitrarily decide to reject things and you need to be ready to look for a text to verify it is you. Greeeeeeeat. Lost beaucoup bucks and now I find out if I plan to use the card I need to use the app so I can OK random things I am charging if they decide to reject them.

Comment

Homeowner's insurance/renter's insurance should cover up to $250. If you have any "aged beer" like I do, that ends up worth more than $250, that is covered under the general policy. Yes, I called and asked when I switched insurance a couple years ago. I went into great detail about the question.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Usually there’s a cap on that and a separate deductible applies. Look more at the jewelry and furs section. If it’s a collection or collectible, it’s probably covered under that section.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Usually there’s a cap on that and a separate deductible applies. Look more at the jewelry and furs section. If it’s a collection or collectible, it’s probably covered under that section.
              Good point.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Homeowner's insurance/renter's insurance should cover up to $250. If you have any "aged beer" like I do, that ends up worth more than $250, that is covered under the general policy. Yes, I called and asked when I switched insurance a couple years ago. I went into great detail about the question.
                All beer was recently bought and I wasn't aging (Surly First Ave, CBS, Ballast Point Victory at Sea, and Dragon's Milk Reserve S'more, Great Lakes Amber, and Kentucky Bourbon Barrell Vanilla). I'm not as mad about the food (Probably only about $60-$70 total) as I am about being late for work since I was 3 months away from another perfect attendence bonus (last day I was late was 10/10/17).

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Thanks to the ******** who got me sick before a road trip. Way to be an American Hero.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Usually a "cellar" is covered under the normal coverage, without a rider, up to $10k. That was where mine was when I asked about it.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Usually a "cellar" is covered under the normal coverage, without a rider, up to $10k. That was where mine was when I asked about it.
                      And see, that's where my question was, since all my stuff is in my fridge, which is specifically mentioned in the policy. It might be different because I have renter's insurance, and not homeowner's? Either way, I made sure I was covered, and I am, no rider needed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        And see, that's where my question was, since all my stuff is in my fridge, which is specifically mentioned in the policy. It might be different because I have renter's insurance, and not homeowner's? Either way, I made sure I was covered, and I am, no rider needed.
                        I would have to look at my renter's insurance policy. MTX guy was here yesterday to replace my kitchen lights and "fix" my door lock (2nd time I've written it up...he made it better, but didn't fix it, so it still works enough). Apparently, they didn't print out the write up on my refrigerator for him. Once I told him about it, he took a look at it. Coils were frosted over and so he repalced the defrost timer, and was going to let it run and come back today to see if it worked. It didn't, and he has not been back yet. So, still not really working.

Also, I specifically didn't switch my recurrent training day to today so I would be home for the delivery of a decently heavy package and I wouldn't have to haul it back from my leasing office. UPS didn't even make an attempt to deliver it. Just dropped it off at the leasing office. 2nd issue I've had with them in the last 2 weeks.

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Including the Ingsoc handshake in your flag/logo to own the cons.

Comment

Someone got a chemical burn to the eyes because they were mixing quat without any PPE on. Splashed up and boom.

People at my plant get injured because they're dumber than rocks.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

My computer failed this morning. Says I need a recovery disk. So I called IT and they transferred it to the local desk.

I’m still waiting on them to call me back to schedule a repair. I literally have my feet on my desk waiting until my next meeting because I can’t do anything.
                              Code:

Comment

My computer failed this morning. Says I need a recovery disk. So I called IT and they transferred it to the local desk.

I’m still waiting on them to call me back to schedule a repair. I literally have my feet on my desk waiting until my next meeting because I can’t do anything.
                                I understand that only too well. A number of months ago, somebody accidentally disabled my LAN ID. It took almost 7 hours for the necessary rights to be restored so I could return to work. My desk has never been so clean.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X